SmugMug

Welcome to SmugMug’s official Feature Request page. Got suggestions or feature requests? We want to hear from you!

If you’re looking for support or help, please email our Support Heroes at http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal .

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Client login / create account link / favorite any photo in a gallery

Several people have requested some version of a client login, but I'm creating a new request to get more specific about how it should work.

1) Provide a link to sign in / create account so that any visitor can either sign in or create a new account right from the home page or navigation bar (not required to receive an invitation from us, and not required to go back and find the "event" email we sent them months ago if they want to log back in).

2) We receive notification whenever a new account is created, including name &…

309 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      38 comments  ·  Site Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Wedding Album Design and orders via smugmug would be very helpful

I like that I can do all my print sales via smugmug. It saves me time. I would also like to see a way for my clients to design and purchase their own wedding albums and books.

12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Products to Buy/Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Stop Event Photos/Images from Turning Grey when Favorited

When a client 'hearts' their favorite photos the photo goes to 'grey', even when selected the larger image on the right side of the screen still has that ugly grey overlay. In order to see the image clearly they have to click the image a third time for it to fill the entire screen. The only photos that are clear are the images that the client doesn't like, which I feel makes no sense. A fix that I suggest would be to place a star or a heart underneath each image (and the file name or number would be helpful…

7 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          2 comments  ·  Site Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Simulator for ordering

I would still like to see a simulator, where the image is overlaid on the product they are ordering. This way they can see exactly what they are getting. Fine art America / Pixels.com does this and my local labs use the Roes Ordering System that shows a simulator. I am sure you all can figure out a way.

7 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • end-to-end encryption

In the post Snowden area we know that each and any data communication is listened by some Computer device. Filtering pictures and video streams for specific content is possible today. The possibilities are at hand for governemt agencies, private organisations and hackers - as recent illegal publications of celebrity pix haved proved. I propose to encrypt all Pictures/Videos on the client's device, transmit the files encrypted to SmugMug and store the data encrypted. The SmugMug customer should have full control who can access his content. One possible technical solution is AES 256 Standard encryption.

12 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Allow logged in Pro users to add Boutique Packaging for direct shipments

When I am placing an order to ship directly to a client, I should be able to click add the option of Boutique Packaging.

Now I have to log out and apply an At Cost coupon and process the order.

I actually prefer that orders I generate have the extra touch more so than what the client self generates.

Otherwise I have to ship it to myself, repack in a gift box and then resend to the client.

9 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • navigate in editor

This is a simple feature that would make editing and customising so much easier. When you are in the editor/customise menu where you can edit content of the page. It would be great to be able to actually navigate to different pages instead of publishing then navigating to the page on your site just to go back into editor menu.

There have been times I have wanted to create a page but I have to publish it and make a link for it so that I can actually get into the editor menu to add content. Not ideal at all…

6 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 comment  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Allow default lab product names to be customised

Please allow us to customise the default lab product names into something more meaningful for our customers. Default names are not necessarily user friendly and can cause confusion. This feature would also allow us to match our current studio product names, pricelists and marketing materials to our online sales platform. At present it becomes very disjointed having different names online and is affecting sales.

The current lab product names are very much geared towards fellow photographers, not customers.

Thank you!

4 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    2 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • have product videos easily accessible when placing an order or during checkout rather than having to click on the print lab.

I suggest you have these cool product videos more accessible to the client when ordering and on checkout.

4 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Loxley Colour products

Loxley and I'm sure many other print labs provide some fantastic products which aren't available through SmugMug. It'd be great to see a lot of what's offered on Loxleys website provided through SmugMug

18 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        4 comments  ·  Products to Buy/Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Create page with all photos from one folder (AKA Editable Gallery as Page)

We already have a gallery with all of the photos but no option is given to have the same but with a page.

Having a page with all of photos allows me to add text, reformat and customize it the way I want.

3 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          1 comment  ·  Site Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Two factor authentication (2FA or MFA)

2-factor authentication or Multi-factor authentication.

This is becoming the norm on many websites these days and it should be protecting my priceless photos! Surprised SmugMug hasn't implemented this yet.

My thoughts are:
                          - Google Authenticator or similar app
                          - 'Remember me for 30 days' checkbox

3 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Combine "Add Frames and More" into the new add to cart flow

I like the update, although I think the "add frames and more" button in the cart is way too hard to find. Especially since now when adding to cart you see "wall art" and "paper prints." That will confuse people who want a framed print (which is technically wall art) but it can only be done after adding something in the 'paper prints' section to cart.

So I suggest somehow combining the "add frames and more" options into the add to cart process, and maybe allow them to be editable in the cart (like you already do for sizes in…

5 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Ability to export address list

We would like the ability to export our clients entire address list (physical mailing address, not the e-mail address). It would be a great feature to be able to export as a CSV and print labels for follow-up or seasonal cards to our clients. I have a general contact list, but the physical addresses entered into SmugMug are ALL paying clients, which is a valuable resource to market to.

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Develop a Photographer Assisted Shopping Cart

If there was a way we could assist our buyers with online shopping, get a shopping cart gathered, get the sizes picked, layout selected, etc and then send the customer the link to their shopping cart and then have the customer be able to pay for their items I think that would help. I have had a few people say that it's too confusing to check out items and get items and want me to help them on the phone. So, I thought hey, if I did this, the customer tells me what they want, I get a shopping cart…

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Allow us to turn off the "Photos from this Gallery" on BUY button. Default to "This Photo" instead.

I limit my fine art print sales to only Metal and Luster paper. I really LOVE how when a client clicks BUY and then "This Photo" they are given the choice of Wall Art or Paper Prints, and then available sizes as a list. That seems right to me Great Job!!!

I am however not at all satisfied with the interface my customers reach if they select the "BUY PHOTOS" button at the top of a gallery or "Photos from this Gallery" from the BUY button drop down.

It defaults to the cheapest standard size luster paper option I allow…

2 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Products to Buy/Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Add a Digital Copy to a Print Order for Reduced Price

If a customer buys a print online, give them the option to add the digital copy of the print at a reduced price. Most customers these days want the digital copy along with a print so they can share it on socail media. Give customers the option to add a digital copy of the print for a reduced price. Say you charge $10 for a print and $10 for the digital copy. Customers will neve buy both. They will most like take a horrible picture of the print with their smart phone or tablet that will say nothing about your…

5 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Products to Buy/Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Auto background upload feature in SmugMug app

Auto background upload feature in SmugMug app that uploads all pics from iOS device to a private, default album like Flickr, DropBox, & Google+ apps already can. After setup/allowing, those apps don't require any interaction from user to manually initiate uploads. They just do it in the background (over cellular data as an option too) whenever a new photo is taken/added to the camera roll. SmugMug is an archive location for so many of us. Why doesn't this feature exist yet when it does for so many other apps?

9 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • 3 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Organizer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Meta property enablement for using "Facebook Insights" reporting

Facebook provides reporting on like activity and like users, web domain user need to add a meta property to the root web page. This is not possible today with SmugMug. I would love to run "giveways" at Events that increase the "likes" on my main web page but to do so requires I see who liked at the event to draw names. Many more marketing opportunities if I have access to the facebook data via Insights.

Facebook Insight Developer Guidance available here:
                                          https://www.facebook.com/help/125444150867812?sr=3&query=insights&sid=0h58II5vXOQUtyn3t

What are Insights for Platform Websites?

Facebook Insights aggregates information on the sharing and engagement of website…

5 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            1 comment  ·  Apps & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 147 148
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base