SmugMug

Welcome to SmugMug’s official Feature Request page. Got suggestions or feature requests? We want to hear from you!

If you’re looking for support or help, please email our Support Heroes at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new.

Before submitting a new idea please search through the existing ideas. If you find it, add your vote to let us know how badly you want the feature!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a displayable 'folder description' to folders

We badly need a 'description' field in Folders to provide summary information to viewers.

The workaround - to customise each folder with a text content block - is simply not workable for sites with many folders as it's a lot of work, and risks breaking the uniform look and feel.

This is one feature which is edging me back to Zenfolio... Please please add this feature.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      17 comments  ·  Site Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Mobile APP for each gallery to send our clients

It would be nice to be able to send our clients a APP once their gallery is done. That way they can easily share with friends and family.

26 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Started  ·  3 comments  ·  Gallery Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Add Customer Review and Ratings

As the internet continues to evolve there should be greater consideration for customer reviews on our SM site to help with SEO. Customers should have the ability to not only comment on our FB, Google local, Yelp, etc pages but on our website as well. The integration would benefit the ranking for the site owner to be recognized.

14 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          4 comments  ·  Commerce/Selling Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Allow Visitors to Download only a Selection of a Galleries Photos

Currently visitors can download a single photo or download the entire gallery but they cannot download a subset of select photos of a gallery (for example: if they want to download 15 photos out of a gallery of 500 photos). Please add the ability for visitors to select which photos they would like to be included as part of the zip download.

219 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            10 comments  ·  Downloading  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Add email notification when photos and/or an entire gallery have been downloaded

I have clients that download an entire gallery after I have given them a password. I would like to be notified by email when they download the gallery so I can delete what was downloaded or change the password.

10 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              2 comments  ·  Downloading  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Allow customers to heart their favorites from mobile devices and tablets!

Allow customers to heart their favorites from mobile devices and tablets!

57 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                Planned  ·  5 comments  ·  xxGeneral Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Plugin for Capture One

PLUGIN for CAPTURE ONE

it would be great if you guys could develop a plugin for Capture One Pro just like the one for Lightroom.

Capture One Pro is being doing good progress and photographers are happier nowadays with Capture One than with Lightroom

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3818616

actually the main thing that prevents me from making the jump from LR to Capture One is the lack of smugmug plugin, because uploading & syncing from the edition software is so comfortable!

Thank you!

20 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Provide a COMPLETE site-wide image backup function

Allow owners to download all image files from selected/all galleries, complete with ALL metadata embedded.

This would support the Smugmug population who do not use a Lightroom-based upload process. And those who take advantage of Smugmug's agility to maintain their captions & keywords on the fly.

Effectively, this would replace the functionality of the Legacy third-party app AlbumFetcher. For selected/all galleries, it downloaded a copy of every image file with ALL of its metadata EMBEDDED -- whether having been originally uploaded OR MAINTAINED WITHIN SMUGMUG. Specifically, it:

(1) allowed the bulk download of any number of galleries at once (select…

12 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  Downloading  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Apply "Download All" to a Folder

Hello ,

Just a request.

Would love to have the feature to apply the "download all" option to a folder.

I have many many galleries under specific folder each year (example 2016) that I need one person with password access to have the ability to download those images for publications, media etc. Others in the organization view the photos only for their input. Having to apply the "download all" option to every gallery is not desirable.

Would work for weddings or events as well. You may want to give the Bride/Groom option for downloading all photos that are in many…

12 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      2 comments  ·  Downloading  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • For Pro's, Send the Download All Emails from Me

I'm 100% behind this, my commercial customers expect an email from me - and a professional one at that. Not mentioning other photographers who are "regular guys" and offering the help of "support heroes". I'm the person they turn to for support as they are paying me. This needs to change fast and there's no way it could be difficult. IF IT is tricky to customise the email to suit each smugmug client then make it a generic email. Something along the lines of...

"Your digital files are ready. Click this link to download your photos from ########### (169.50 MB)

74 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        3 comments  ·  Downloading  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Site Wide RSS feed so friends can receive your new galleries in their feed readers.

a site wide RSS feed which will update whenever you upload a new gallery

4 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Social & Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Complete list of all my folders/galleries which is printable.

I would like a feature that allows me to list all of my galleries/folders with their complete names - and then print the list if I have the need.

Thank you!

7 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  Organizing & Curation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Global setting to disable "Visitor Shopping Cart"

Currently to disable the shopping cart you have to effect the change to each gallery on an individual basis. You can use the bulk gallery settings changer, but this can't be used across folders so still takes quite a few minutes to do.

When you have multiple people adding galleries to an account some new ones may slip through the net with shopping turned on.

TL;DR Give us a global setting for the shopping cart.

36 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  xxSite Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Bay Photo's Metal Print Mid-Gloss finish

BayPhoto's newer "Mid-gloss" finish for metal prints is perfect! It has less reflection than Hi-gloss but more punch than Satin. It's my "go to" metal print finish. PLEASE offer it on SmugMug!
                              I did say please, didn't I?
                              Thank you!

7 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Downloading all the returned photos from a keyword search

Downloading all the returned photos from a keyword search. Currently, after I get the photos from a keyword search, I have to click on 1 photo at a time to go to the specific photo gallery, download it, then return to the search list and do it again for the next one. This is very inefficient since I'm doing a photo collage in Photoshop for my son's football which has more than 200 photos to download, one at a time.

10 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  3 comments  ·  Downloading  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Revised Lightbox layout for title and captions

Currently, the lightbox organization has the title and caption hidden on the bottom left of the lightbox, with popup options, scrolling, and other fairly ugly features. In its coding, this title and caption area is in the same horizontal "block" that the Buy button, Share button, Tools button, etc. are in, which makes any CSS customization nearly impossible. It also makes vertical separation of the lightbox tools panel and the title/caption basically impossible.

I would propose that the organization of the lightbox be altered slightly, allowing much easier customization and control of both the titles/captions and the lightbox tools panel.…

20 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    3 comments  ·  Site Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Allow customer to download free lo-res image but buy higher res images without a coupon

I would like the ability to offer customers a way to download a low-res web image without having to add to cart and check out, while still having the ability for them to order higher res images at a cost (by adding to the cart) from a single gallery.
                                    i.e. customers pre-pay at an event and go to the site to download their web image.

The only way I found to do that was creating two galleries; one allowing downloads of images I loaded as 640x480, and one with the full size images and the cart turned on. By doing…

2 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Commerce/Selling Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Allow Visitors To Change Sort

Is it possible (either currently or in the future) to have a dropdown box that allows customers to change the default sort order?

I like my photos to be in chronological order by default, but sometimes I add photos from the past, so naturally they are further down the "feed". But my visitors do not know there is anything new if it isn't at the top of the "feed". I know I could set the sort order to be "uploaded" but I don't want that to be the default. I want visitors to come...and then select "Sort by Latest Added"…

3 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        1 comment  ·  Gallery Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Organizer --"undo" button

Please provide a way to undo moving a photo within a gallery (or between galleries). I moved a photo and realized I accidentally had another one chosen as well. I needed to put both photos back in their original place, but couldn't remember where they had been. I needed the photos in their original order and there was no way to undo my mistake! Now I have to ask the client to review their gallery again and pick out photos they want me to put in an album all over again.

9 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Organizing & Curation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Gallery download stats

It would also be great to be able to see download stats so we know how many times (and possibly the IP addresses) a download was accessed.

73 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            4 comments  ·  Stats & Tracking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 130 131
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base