SmugMug

Welcome to SmugMug’s official Feature Request page. Got suggestions or feature requests? We want to hear from you!

If you’re looking for support or help, please email our Support Heroes at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new.

Before submitting a new idea please search through the existing ideas. If you find it, add your vote to let us know how badly you want the feature!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Visitors to Download only a Selection of a Galleries Photos

Currently visitors can download a single photo or download the entire gallery but they cannot download a subset of select photos of a gallery (for example: if they want to download 15 photos out of a gallery of 500 photos). Please add the ability for visitors to select which photos they would like to be included as part of the zip download.

142 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • For Pro's, Send the Download All Emails from Me

I'm 100% behind this, my commercial customers expect an email from me - and a professional one at that. Not mentioning other photographers who are "regular guys" and offering the help of "support heroes". I'm the person they turn to for support as they are paying me. This needs to change fast and there's no way it could be difficult. IF IT is tricky to customise the email to suit each smugmug client then make it a generic email. Something along the lines of...

"Your digital files are ready. Click this link to download your photos from ########### (169.50 MB)

48 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        3 comments  ·  General Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Allow customers to heart their favorites from mobile devices and tablets!

Allow customers to heart their favorites from mobile devices and tablets!

30 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  General Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Global setting to disable "Visitor Shopping Cart"

Currently to disable the shopping cart you have to effect the change to each gallery on an individual basis. You can use the bulk gallery settings changer, but this can't be used across folders so still takes quite a few minutes to do.

When you have multiple people adding galleries to an account some new ones may slip through the net with shopping turned on.

TL;DR Give us a global setting for the shopping cart.

28 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Site Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Revised Lightbox layout for title and captions

Currently, the lightbox organization has the title and caption hidden on the bottom left of the lightbox, with popup options, scrolling, and other fairly ugly features. In its coding, this title and caption area is in the same horizontal "block" that the Buy button, Share button, Tools button, etc. are in, which makes any CSS customization nearly impossible. It also makes vertical separation of the lightbox tools panel and the title/caption basically impossible.

I would propose that the organization of the lightbox be altered slightly, allowing much easier customization and control of both the titles/captions and the lightbox tools panel.…

11 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              3 comments  ·  Site Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Add an "undo" button in "organize" PLEASE.

Please provide a way to undo moving a photo within a gallery (or between galleries). I moved a photo and realized I accidentally had another one chosen as well. I needed to put both photos back in their original place, but couldn't remember where they had been. I needed the photos in their original order and there was no way to undo my mistake! Now I have to ask the client to review their gallery again and pick out photos they want me to put in an album all over again.

5 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Organizer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Gallery download stats

It would also be great to be able to see download stats so we know how many times (and possibly the IP addresses) a download was accessed.

51 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  2 comments  ·  Products to Buy/Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Allow account settings on mobile app

So I really love the mobile app for showing clients and family photos on my site without having to log in using the web browser on my phone or tablet. One feature that is missing as a business owner is the ability to get to my selling settings on the app. (Pricing, sales, coupons, etc.) To access those I have to log into the web browser which is not meant for mobile devices, and today people are always on the go. It would be a great feature to add to the app or create an additional app for pro users…

12 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Apps & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Offer 5x7 flat holiday cards on stock paper

Flat holiday cards 5x7 on stock paper

6 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      1 comment  ·  Products to Buy/Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Add mobile app features to edit and organize galleries from mobile app (iOS)

I do a lot of culling while on my phone while using the service I used to use. However I noticed that the Smug Mug iOS app is missing any ability to organize, delete or move photos around, as some basic features, and ability to tag and rotate images down the line.

15 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        2 comments  ·  Apps & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Apply "Download All" to a Folder

Hello ,

Just a request.

Would love to have the feature to apply the "download all" option to a folder.

I have many many galleries under specific folder each year (example 2016) that I need one person with password access to have the ability to download those images for publications, media etc. Others in the organization view the photos only for their input. Having to apply the "download all" option to every gallery is not desirable.

Would work for weddings or events as well. You may want to give the Bride/Groom option for downloading all photos that are in many…

3 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • 10 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Separate "Download Buttons": Download One and Download All can be turned on independently

I would REALLY WANT the ability pick which way photos can be downloaded, 1 at a time or in mass, when I set up a gallery. I take a lot of photos as a community service to two local high schools and post them to galleries. I don't mind someone downloading a few photos of themselves or friends but I would rather not make it easier in all instances for an entire gallery to be downloaded at once.

40 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Allow File Size Reduction Options When Saving Photos from Phone app to Camera Roll or Savimg for Offline Viewing

When saving from the smugmug IOS/other phone app to the Camera Roll, the full size file is saved. This takes up a ton of space and download time can be slow. Idea is to give an option for small/medium/large/original (similar to other functionality that already exists on the phone when emailing or texting) file downloading.

For many of us (and since the full size JPEG already exists on smugmug and your computer) the phone download feature is simply to park the photo in our Camera Roll for convenience or for preparation for use in social media at a later date.…

4 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Ability to charge a fee for viewing galleries

Some of my albums get hundreds of thousand of views when initially posted. I would like to be able to charge a flat fee/donation e.g. $1 to view a specific album or a group of albums. E.g. Three albums from a three day event, $1. After the fee/donation is paid, I would like a unique password generated that works just with that users email. A password that they can use every time they go back to the album.

25 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  4 comments  ·  Products to Buy/Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Improve maintainability of site-wide "Gallery Settings"

I envision a method whereby the site owner can quickly scan the gallery settings of all the site's galleries at once. This will help to quickly identify various kinds of errors, for example, a gallery with a deprecated Quick Setting. I then envision a capability to change the settings of multiple galleries at once, for example, changing a single “gallery setting” value or applying a Quick Setting to multiple galleries simultaneously.

I would expect the "scanning" capability not to be hampered by a user interface requiring the presentation of the "gallery settings" on dozens or hundreds of pages on a…

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • The Lightroom plug-in should know when it is dealing with a collected image or smart gallery image when syncing

Make the smug mug Lightroom plugin aware that some images in galleries are collected images or are there because they are smart galleries

3 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      1 comment  ·  Uploading  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • create a way to permanently delete the sample watermark from being the default watermark

Please allow a way to permanently delete the default sample watermark that slathers PROOF all over our photos. There is no need for it once you have uploaded your own. We should be able to delete it, OR make our own the default. It is very easy to forget to change it to your own watermark before uploading your photos, especially if you have your setting to apply the watermark automatically.This is a major design flaw!

3 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Branding options for gallery invitation e-mails

I utilize the Client Area and gallery invitation features to distribute photos to clients, and I feel like the gallery invitations that go to clients should be branded with our own information, and not be so heavy-handedly SmugMug. Not even having the option to include a custom logo is an oversight, in my opinion. I realize that clients are actually creating SmugMug logins, but a few client have disregarded the e-mails as spam due to not being overtly obvious that they are coming from me.

--
                                        William Graves
                                        www.wgravesphoto.com

4 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  General Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Client Login screen should have a background picture from their gallery

Hi, when I send a gallery to a client, the home page where they are asked to enter the password, I should have an option to put one image from their gallery as the background image. This will give the feeling of a personalized website
                                          So every client login page would have a different image, from their own gallery.
                                          Thanks.
                                          -MP

48 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 148 149
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base