SmugMug

Welcome to SmugMug’s official feedback forum. Got suggestions or feature requests? We want to hear from you!

If you’re looking for support or help, please email our Support Heroes at http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal .

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. True Stats

It counts your own visits to your own website. That is a joke. It wasn't like that not too long ago. However, most people won't care if it is real or not and just celebrate 'fake stats'. Now I truly have no idea, if anyone ever saw anything I posted. I guess SmugMug doesn't want me to look at my own gallery, and that is the only way I can find True Stats.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Stats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Client login / create account link / prompt to create account on "favorite" of any photo

Several people have requested some version of a client login, but I'm creating a new request to get more specific about how it should work.

1) Provide a link to sign in / create account so that any visitor can either sign in or create a new account right from the home page or navigation bar (not required to receive an invitation from us, and not required to go back and find the "event" email we sent them months ago if they want to log back in).

2) We receive notification whenever a new account is created, including name &…

13 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Site Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Auto background upload feature in SmugMug app that uploads all pics from iOS device to default album like Flickr & Google+ apps already can

Auto background upload feature in SmugMug app that uploads all pics from iOS device to a private, default album like Flickr, DropBox, & Google+ apps already can. After setup/allowing, those apps don't require any interaction from user to manually initiate uploads. They just do it in the background (over cellular data as an option too) whenever a new photo is taken/added to the camera roll. SmugMug is an archive location for so many of us. Why doesn't this feature exist yet when it does for so many other apps?

6 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Loxley Colour products

Loxley and I'm sure many other print labs provide some fantastic products which aren't available through SmugMug. It'd be great to see a lot of what's offered on Loxleys website provided through SmugMug

8 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Products to Buy/Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Loxley Colour 'Giftware' category to be added to Smugmug

Currently there are no UK providers of giftware such as mugs, mouse mats etc.

These are big sellers for me, and at the moment i am having to sell and advertise them off my website.

Smugmugs rival companies have print labs that accept orders on these products.

Now Loxley Colour has started accepting direct orders on them there is no reason Smugmug cannot integrate this into the ordering system.

If this doesn't happen I think i'll be forced to switch providers!

9 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Products to Buy/Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • iphone app could track photos I have already uploaded and mark them

It is a bit of a pain to remember which images I have uploaded off my phone and which ones I haven't. I want to make sure I don't miss any great pictures. :)

It would be great if the new iPhone app would keep track of images that you have uploaded and mark them similar to how camera awesome does.

In my opinion this is a killer feature that separate camera awesome from some of the competitors and it would be great to bring this to the smugmug app as well.

3 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • 1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Site Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Please, offer the option to add a thumbnail preview display on top/bottom of the Smugmug slideshow.

When galleries open directly on the Smugmug slideshow, it is useful to have an overview of what's ahead via thumbnail previews on top or bottom of the slideshow.

8 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Have the option to keep the original filenames for "download gallery" *.zip file

I'm a huge fan of the "Download Gallery" feature (ie. zipping up all the images and files from the gallery and then receiving the download link in my e-mail inbox)! Except, it annoys me that the filenames of the images in the newly created "zipped" file are always different from the original filenames that were originally found in the online gallery. In other words, my original filename might have been "Photo 001.jpg", however, the new filename in the zipped gallery becomes "Photo+001-##########-O.jpg" with a string of seemingly random SmugMug Image ID numbers at the end. It becomes very annoying and…

7 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  General Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Search results are categorised so that you only see photos OR videos OR... There should be an ALL option.

I want to be able to look for all results pertaining to a keyword search (or at least photos AND videos) rather than just see one type of result at a time. Perhaps if the categories worked in a check-box manner we could select the results we want to see more favourably? Or perhaps an ALL results tab would do the trick.

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Add auto-previews for videos. Link those to full-length videos, so customers can preview, and purchase the full-length video from smugmug.

Add auto-previews for videos. Link those to full-length videos, so customers can preview, and purchase the full-length video from smugmug. Without this, the workflow for videographers is complicated. We need to create and post previews, create extra password-protected galleries (with individual password for each user), monitor our email to detect when someone purchases a preview and manually send a link and password to the full-length gallery. As long as a customer can view a full-length gallery online, there is no reason for them to buy. Addressing these workflow issues would be a major differentiation for smugmug customers who video sports…

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Allow tweet embedding

It would be great if you would allow tweet embedding. I would like to have this feature and take advantage of it on my SmugMug site - especially in SmugMug blog posts.

3 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Social  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Make captions more visible to viewers

In the "New SmugMug" in Gallery View, the captions display below the navigation buttons, and the images fill the entire screen real estate vertically, so you have to scroll down to see the captions below each image. In the old SmugMug, the captions were immediately below the image and the image was slightly smaller, so the caption would be visible by default as someone was navigating through the gallery. Viewers might not know there is a caption to be seen and might not scroll down to see it. This is annoying to me, when I'm sharing my albums with people,…

3 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Site Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Integrate Loxley Colour's online product ordering and framing services into the Smugmug shopping cart

Framing options are offered by Loxley Colours online framing service http://www.loxleycolour.com/onlineframing.aspx. This allows the customers to create their own unique end product, which can also be previewed before ordering in order to ensure that the frame suits the photo.

Loxley Colour also has an online ordering service at http://www.loxleycolour.com/onlineordering.aspx where more products are offered than in the Smugmug shopping cart, e.g. merchandise which Smugmug doesn't offer at all when Loxley is the selected lab.

Please integrate Loxley's services into Smugmug's shopping cart so that European clients:

1. Get more product options.
                              2. Can easily customize, preview, and order their…

7 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Apps & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • 3 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Show captions under photos when using the smartphone app.

Currently when viewing photos using the SmugMug smartphone app, captions are not visible. I like to use the app for bird and butterfly identification so captions are important.

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • allow mt2s video files to be uploaded. mts files can be uploaded, but mt2s files cannot be uploaded.

allow mt2s video files to be uploaded. mts files can be uploaded, but mt2s files cannot be uploaded.

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Video  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • PLEASE FIX THE CROP in checkout

Ok this is so so necessary. PLEASE FIX THE CROP in checkout. When we crop photos its so hard to visual what the crop really looks like. I need to see what the new crop will look like without the stuff i cropped off. Please show us the new crop without the cut off edges and ask us to accept or redo. Seriously... how has this slipped through the cracks this long?!

3 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        0 comments  ·  Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Facebook pixel conversion tracking

It would be useful to allow a place to insert the html code provided by Facebook for Pixel Conversion Tracking. Facebook states to place this between the head tags of the relevant page on your website, but we don't have access to the page code to be able to do this. Your support hero suggested I post a feature request here.

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Stats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Please give us the option to use to the original caption/keyword tool.

The original caption/keyword tool, which loaded all photos at once and allowed both bulk addition and photo-specific addition of captions and keywords all at once, was extremely efficient for me. I was able to add captions and keywords applying to all photos through the form at the top, then scroll through and quickly adjust/embellish captions and add unique, photo-specific keywords. It was so fast!

With the new Organizer, I can bulk-add captions and keywords to a group of photos, but there is no fast way for me to adjust the metadata on the photo level. I have to page through…

7 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Organizer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 148 149
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base