SmugMug

Welcome to SmugMug’s official Feature Request page. Got suggestions or feature requests? We want to hear from you!

If you’re looking for support or help, please email our Support Heroes at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new.

Before submitting a new idea please search through the existing ideas. If you find it, add your vote to let us know how badly you want the feature!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add image size presets to the edit settings panel in the SmugMug/LR plugin.

Please consider adding the option of creating image sizing presets to the edit settings panel in the SmugMug/LR plugin. This will allow users with the click of a button to choose the optimal preset sizing for square, portrait, and landscape images when posting to Instagram and other locations without having to retype the sizing info again and again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Lightroom Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Sync Lightroom Folder/Gallery hierarchy to SmugMug

I've spent several years setting up a hierarchy of folders in Lightroom. I'd like to easily replicate this hierarchy on Smugmug.

As far as I can tell, I can sync my SmugMug Folders, Galleries and Photos to Lightroom. But I cannot sync in the other direction

58 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        7 comments  ·  Lightroom Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Prevent photos from being uploaded as multiple copies from Lightroom

Currently, if a photo appears in multiple Smart-Galleries in the SmugMug Lightroom-Plugin - for example because of its keywords - then multiple copies of those photos are uploaded, treating each of the copies as separate photo.

It would be helpful, if only one instance of such photos are uploaded and other occurences are treated like collected photos or photos in smart galleries setup on the website.

3 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Make SmugMug interface similar to Lightroom'sthat your final image, "JPEG" will be in a "SmugMug" folder and be synced with my web page.

SmugMug could even sell the apps to use, but I think "loyalty rewards" would be better! many time I want to redo a picture in a gallery, Lightroom's interface just give you a few more options, yet it could all be done with Smugmug, having a permanent catalog on the hard drive where your final JPEG is stored, and you could make changes to the photo anytime, their always changing.

5 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Add a way to rate photos

Please add a way to rate photos. I love the way you can star the best ones in Lightroom and then filter out all the bad photos. It would save so much time looking through them a later on. If this was added to the Lightroom plugin, it could seamlessly carry those ratings over into Smugmug.

31 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Lightroom Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Add "Collect" to LR Plugin

It is possible to have a single photo appear in multiple galleries using "Collect". It is not possible to do this with the LR Plugin. It is also possible on the web site to see which photos are collected (the "from" notation on the photo, or the arrow on the thumbnail in the organizer). This would need to be included in the LR Plugin in order to be able to manage photos. If a close match to the Organize Site screen could be added to the plugin that would be ideal for me.

3 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Ensure that Republishing a Gallery via Lightroom plugin does not disturb manual re-ordering of photos in Gallery

Often when I republish a gallery from Lightroom to Smugmug it rearranges the order/sequence I have manually created on Smugmug. It is very important that this not happen because, as you know, sequencing is critically important, and I typically spend a good amount of time and dedicate energy to making sure that my sequencing is ideal. I do not want to have to re-do this every time I republish.

You may ask why people are sometimes republishing galleries. They may make some small edits or may add a keyword or other reasons. It makes more sense to do these things…

4 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • The Lightroom plug-in should know when it is dealing with a collected image or smart gallery image when syncing

Make the smug mug Lightroom plugin aware that some images in galleries are collected images or are there because they are smart galleries

6 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    3 comments  ·  Lightroom Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Prevent the computer to go in sleep mode before it ends the export to the SmugMug gallery.

From what I read, on MacOSX every application can manage the power settings of the computer, so your plugin could hold the sleep mode during the export and turn it back on after the job is done. this is what I’m suggesting

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Have Lightroom Plugin record last-used Publish settings for each photo.

Have Lightroom Plugin record to a meta-data note the last-used Publish settings for each photo, like: Published on 2015-12-10 @17:32 as 3200x1600 @65%. I upload in 2-3 passes, typically, and keeping track of which photos are at which stage is a challenge. I upload a very highly compressed version initially just to quickly populate my galleries with screen-worthy images. I then re-upload a lesser-compressed, but un-retouched image that is good enough for small prints. When a client places an order, only then do I do color-correction and retouching and upload a high-quality image. Being able to glance at the metadata…

0 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Lightroom plugin upload progress information

The speed of photo upload via the Lightroom plugin is fine, but when uploading videos (which are bigger in size), the Lightroom behaviour is very confusing.

Lightroom does show progress information during the processing of the video, but at the last step - uploading to Smugmug - there is absolutely no feedback; the UI is blocked at "Updating Published Collections", and that's it. It's not clear to the user whether the network upload makes any progress, or is stuck, etc.

Could you please add some feedback during the upload phase?

3 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Add gallery setting in Lightroom plugin to include/not include person data

Now that Lightroom 6/CC allows users to tag faces, generating "person" keywords, please add a feature to the SmugMug Lightroom plugin that allows us to select in each gallery's settings whether to include or exclude person keywords when we publish to SmugMug.

This will allow us to tag faces for easy finding in Lightroom, with the option for keeping names confidential for public SmugMug galleries should we need them.

The API exposes keywordType property now, and this Adobe Lightroom SDK Forum post includes information on how this data can be accessed:
                          https://forums.adobe.com/message/7526687#7526687

I'm sure the SDK will be updated for…

16 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            Gathering Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Lightroom Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Add a local "export to hard drive option" to Lightroom publishing plug-in

When publishing online, it is much more efficient to simultaneously export to your local hard drive upon upload from within the smugmug publishing pane.

3 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Speed up Lightroom uploads

I upload my photos from Lightroom to Smugmug and Flickr.

I find the Flickr uploads complete in half the time for the same size upload.

Please could you look into this and speed up the upload.

8 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Use the left/right arrows to switch between LR Plugin Sync matches

When going through sync matches, I have tried every key combination to switch between the multiple amount of burst mode images, and can only find "enter" to accept a change.

But the most obvious key pattern seems like it would be "Right Right, no wait Left, Enter"

Thank you.. Here's hoping that EXIF is amended to include milliseconds someday!!

2 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Alerts for when Lightroom Sync has missing files

Create an Alert, and even better a list, for missing images when Synchronizing Photos with the Lightroom PlugIn.

Recently I was trying to get my online and local configurations to meet. The idea being that everything that was on SmugMug was linked to a local file on my computer. What I found was that there were more images on SmugMug than there were local to my computer. I mistook the issue as a bug. Sorry Dev

I would recommend that when one initiates a Sync Photos from the SmugMug PlugIn if there are images on SmugMug alert the user. I…

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Allow upload bandwidth throttling via the Lightroom Plugin app or account settings

Basically what I'm hoping the plugin can do is let one input a max amount of bandwidth, say 128 Kb/sec (About 1Mbps/sec). Only reason being, is when I'm uploading at max speeds my ISP allows for it, it slows down general web browsing, etc. This way it would allow users to update galleries, etc but not slow down all general web usability.

9 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      2 comments  ·  Lightroom Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Create links to photos to share between galleries with Lightroom plugin

I use the Lightroom plugin to manage my Smugmug. One thing missing is the ability to share the same photo in two different galleries. This can be done on the website and is very useful. However it can't be managed through the plugin.

8 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Upload PNG Files from Lightroom Plugin

every time I upload a PNG file via SmugMug Lightroom plugin
                                        it turns into a JPG (into the SmugMug file Folder — do not delete)
                                        why is that .... should not

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately this is a Lightroom limitation in that it does not support exporting PNG (as you’ll see it can only export JPG, PSD, TIF, DNG, or ‘Original’). Setting it to Original would upload the PNG but without edits, which isn’t what you want.

• Allow the SM Lightroom Plugin to download images from SM

Allow the SM Lightroom Plugin to download images from SM which do not exist in an LR catalog.

I'm sure there are excellent reasons for not allowing download/sync of images not in the LR catalogs, but you might consider that judging by the traffic on the dgrin fora, there are a LOT of us frustrated with Aperture/iPhoto lack of support for sync of any kind. Allowing us to download/mirror **from SM** images not already in LR would be a great way to solve this dilemma.

The SM LR Plugin is a great tool but this would really complete it.

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base