SmugMug

Welcome to SmugMug’s official Feature Request page. Got suggestions or feature requests? We want to hear from you!

If you’re looking for support or help, please email our Support Heroes at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new.

Before submitting a new idea please search through the existing ideas. If you find it, add your vote to let us know how badly you want the feature!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. events organizer

Might it make sense to have the ability to manage Events using the Organize tool, instead of being buried in the Selling portion of Account Settings?

I understand Events are Selling-centric -- but the UI in "Selling" used to manage which galleries belong to an Event seems a bit limited.

I think the Organize tool would make Event management quite a bit nicer.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • add video to the Event Page

Add an option to show at least one video (like the trailer or highlight film) on the Event Page alongside photos. It's a great emotional impact and would be better than just the Slideshow option for those of us studios who offer both photo and film.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Allow customers to heart their favorites from mobile devices and tablets!

Allow customers to heart their favorites from mobile devices and tablets!

75 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          Planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • ADD in EVENT SETTINGS a "choose a featured image" option. PLEASE!!! :)

I have CUSTOM PAGE within my website for clients to view all wedding events, so they can find their wedding event or browse other weddings I have shot. However, the featured image that shows up in the list/grid of listed weddings is at random. The image doesn't fit the frame and it could be like a picture of her putting on her shoe or something else weird.. NOT exactly the image I would choose to showcase the event. I want to choose how that page looks as this the first impression for new clients who may be visiting this page…

5 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Add a group email feature in order to email all registered event guests

I would like to be able to send out the same email to everyone that has registered for an event without having to do it one by one. It is a feature that could be used to announce that an event is ready for viewing, or that new images have been added. Something where you email all members (or registered guests) and they are all blind copied.

9 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • allow the clients once they selected their favourites to arrange the order of the photos - rather than asking the photographer to do it

I had a lot of clients recently who wanted me to arrange the photos in a certain order and it was a literal nightmare.
              Why not allow the clients who have chosen their favourites under the Event feature to simply click on their favourite batch of photos and then once there, to be able to drag and drop the order of the photos as they want them to appear - rather than asking the photographer to do it for them. It is a waste of time
              For the client ( to look up the files, write them down -
              Send…

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Have a home button that returns you back to the EVENT home page, not main page.

It would be nice if when in my events galleries, there was a home button that returned clients back to the event home page, not my main home page.

6 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • like and dislike in events

Create likes and dislikes when creating events for clients.

This would be a great tool to use while uploading proofs for wedding albums, allowing clients to choose their favorites as well as the images they wouldn't like to see in their album

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Get notified when a client finished selecting their favorites in an event gallery

After clients choose favorites we don't get notified like an album proofing website would do. A very simple feature, it's mind boggling it doesn't exist already on smugmug.

11 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Stop Event Photos/Images from Turning Grey when Favorited

When a client 'hearts' their favorite photos the photo goes to 'grey', even when selected the larger image on the right side of the screen still has that ugly grey overlay. In order to see the image clearly they have to click the image a third time for it to fill the entire screen. The only photos that are clear are the images that the client doesn't like, which I feel makes no sense. A fix that I suggest would be to place a star or a heart underneath each image (and the file name or number would be helpful…

10 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Option to set a minimum purchase price on events

create an option to set a minimum purchase price on individual galleries

13 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Give a WARNING message before deleting an "EVENT" from the "EVENTS GALLERIES".

I was trying to delete a "user" from my Events Gallery and it would NOT "refresh" with them gone. So I clicked on the bottom left button (DELETE EVENT) not realizing my entire event would be deleted. There was NO warning saying I'M deleting the EVENT and needless to say, I deleted this - with all my clients 300 favs as well. :-/ smh. Not cool. Not recoverable I am told either.

Can I "RE-like" them for them, from the backdoor - NO, I am told. Urgh - mess.

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Give Feature Event blocks the ability to choose items

I've created 2 Events to include multiple galleries so when the relevant gallery is selected on a page the Required Registration form is activated. The problem is this can only be done by inserting a Featured Event block on the relevant page, which in turn holds another problem. If the 'Show On Homepage' checkbox is selected when initially creating an Event the galleries will show within the Featured Event block, but what if other Events are created with the same settings and have no relevance to the Featured Event block you've inserted on your page? All galleries show up within…

6 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • "Add To List" Button! or "Add to Favs" Button

Ability to select image FILE NAMEs to add to a list and email those selections to photographer. My clients need to choose their top 10 for retouching and top 20 favs for phone app and web files and then email us their list. Please help this process.

Its hard for clients to narrow down their favs so maybe even just being able to show only their starred images or show a list of starred images the clients could then copy and paste.

List would be best if vertical with NO commas so that it would be already in perfect format…

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Events seem to be one way only. I would like to see this be more collaborative.

I'm often asked to list my favorites so the client can use my list to assist in picking their selections. Team members and family members like to see each other's favorites too for the same reason. Kind of like voting or working together to make the right selections.

Having this work with Lightroom in some way would be added value.

3 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Download event

Owners should be able to request a link to download an entire event, i.e. one link to download all the folders included in said event. Wedding photographers divide their images into folders for easier browsing for their clients, and it's inefficient to send 15-20 links for every gallery within the event. I'd like to be able to send one link to the client for their direct downloads.

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Comments -- Show comments along with a viewer's Event favorites

Currently when reviewing a clients favorites, it's not clear whether there is a comment along with that image. It would be ideal if client's comment were displayed as the pro looks at the client's favorites gallery. This would make proofing much easier and faster. A second option would be to allow the comment icon to be "full (i.e solid) when the images has a comment and empty (i.e. outline) of the comment icon, so it's easier to detect.

3 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Allow favorites to be marked from "new" gallery view

When going over the new layout of the site I noticed it would be nice that when you are in an event's gallery there was a way to quickly mark favorites without having to click on every single picture --> make it large --> click the little heart --> close picture --> find next picture --> click it --> click heart --> repeat. With the new layout features and the fact that all the pictures now load and usually in a decent size to see enough details it would be nice to have customers click a picture (or right click)…

2 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • make the events better, it is the best way for us pros to ACTUALLY MAKE MONEY!!!

I use the events all the time, here is a webinar I did with SmugMug showing how I increase prints sales, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULpK3nUi-rY&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL09F97B49B59E88F5

A few things to improve the events... First off, everything is responsive in the new smugmug, except the event registration box. Guests NEED to be able to register on their mobile devices at the events. We get their email, and can notify them and market products when the photos are ready. I was able to fix this with custom CSS, however, other users may not be so technically inclined.

Also, the event registration confirmation email comes from ME,…

3 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • I'd LOVE to be able to use the "Event" feature straight from my gallery settings- so it automatically creates an event for each gallery I ma

I'd LOVE to be able to use the "Event" feature straight from my
                                          gallery settings- so it automatically creates an event for each gallery I
                                          make. Creating a password for each gallery, setting the settings, then
                                          having to open up 10 billion other windows and set event settings, it would
                                          be nice to condense it all down to the same "gallery settings" location so
                                          it wasn't such a hassle. Just sayin'. I'm sure you get a lot of requests
                                          like this. just adding mine :)

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base