SmugMug

Welcome to SmugMug’s official Feature Request page. Got suggestions or feature requests? We want to hear from you!

If you’re looking for support or help, please email our Support Heroes at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new.

Before submitting a new idea please search through the existing ideas. If you find it, add your vote to let us know how badly you want the feature!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add PayPal as a SmugMug payment option.

Not just for sellers but for members buying SmugMug products, for annual renewal, etc..

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Subscription/Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Forever Albums

Allow users an option to pay a 'forever fee' to house photo albums. It could be done a payment plan for a certain amount of GB or TB amount.

Someday when I am gone (I'm only 57 so I hope I have many more years) the photos will not just disappear into the abyss after I have tireless worked to scan photos from over 60 albums my mother lovingly put together for myself and my 5 siblings and our children and grandchildren. She is gone now and I've been 'tasked' with making sure the photos are shared but once scanned…

18 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        3 comments  ·  Subscription/Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • allow us to register additional emails on the account

... in particular, to let us interact with your Support Heroes from other emails besides the one used to register the account.

The solution could be combined with other requests, e.g.:

http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug/suggestions/6348906-authorize-multiple-account-administrators

... although I don't particularly want additional administrators for the account, I just want to be able to add my work email for times I have a question and can't get to my private email. (It happens a lot in my line of work) As I explained to Ana during an uncharacteristically tense email exchange, even Comcast - yes, *Comcast*, bottom-dweller of the customer service rankings - allows…

3 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • User Account provisioning is not possible. I just want to set up subaccounts to maintain content on our master account

My Service Desk should be able to create sub-accounts that allow albums to be created and content to be managed. I don't want to share one user accounts across my organization.

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Add either ApplePay, VISA Checkout or Masterpass for subscription account.

ApplePay, VISA Checkout and Masterpass create a higher level of security because customer credit card information is not stored on vendor websites. Instead, it remains with the issuer (the customer's bank). Also, since the credit card information is drawn directly from the issuer (the bank) when credit card numbers, addresses, expiration dates change there is no need for customers to make updates on every vendor website. PLEASE add at least one of these options as a method of payment for subscriptions.

4 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • I would like to suggest that a billing contact be added to the settings for an account.

I am the main account user for our company, but billing is handled by someone else and it would be nice if bills and billing emails could be sent directly to them.

Along with this, I guess it would be nice if they had their own login that was restricted to the billing area of our settings.

Thank you,
              Art

3 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • It would be nice if you could implement a separate email for billing. That wnay you can contact me directly for billing problems.

It would be nice if you could implement a separate email for billing. That way you can contact me directly for billing problems.

We are an Astronomy Club and Billing should be separate from the users in our case.

thanks ... g.s.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Photographer sets up a site for a client and the client takes over the ownership/payments

I think if you create a program where a photographer would set up a site for a client (fully loaded with client's pictures) and send it to them to try it, you will gain a lot more sales! All the client will need to do is change the password and take over the payments. Chuck-a-Ching!
                  My experience is that the average consumer loves the experience with SmugMug but it is intimidated by the complexity of the site. I've had cases where I gifted a site to client/friend and even though it was free to them, it was never activated.
                  The…

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Bundle your plans with optional Adobe Lightroom + PhotoShop subscription

It would be awesome if you could for example offer one version of your "Power" plan as it is today, and a second "Power + Adobe LR/PS" which would include the annual Lightroom/PhotoShop subscription, as well.

4 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Opt out of automatic account renewal

Please allow a setting to OPT OUT of auto renewal of billing.

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Own domain in basic account

I and maybe more of you users don't use much space and functions but own domain is important.
                        I would like to see that in basic account.

3 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Enable Facebook login-based registration for guest accounts

For most people, creating a yet another account, no matter how quick, is still a hassle (not to mention remembering they have one, and remembering a password for it).

Please allow registration with Facebook login for guest accounts, so that private sharing with Facebook people is easier.

13 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • enterprise plan with enterprise features

This is my email reply earlier today to smugmug heroes:

Dear Smugmug Heroes,

I would like to have ssl certificate for my own domain, smugmug is really missing on this feature, I’ve notice many other smugmug users wanting this, I’ve already spend $200 for a SSL Certificate. I’ve also tried cloudflare.com, they are able to provide me with a SSL Certificate by standing between the user and host, I would be willing to pay their $20 dollars monthly fees but their service caused my site to not load properly.

I just would like to point out once again how important…

3 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Please use correct curency

You shold charge the annual amount from the user's credit card in the same currency as you use for the official VAT invoice. In the moment you charge US$ but you write EUR und British Pounds on the VAT Invoice. This is not correct and the amounts differ, also because of echange fees of credit cards.
                              It would be best to charge EUR from the credit cards in Europe.
                              Wolfgang Mohl

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • This Feature Request Page should honor SmugMug login

Why is it that while I am logged in to Smug Mug and go to the feedback page, Smug Mug does not know who I am anymore?

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

As of now we haven’t implemented the Single Sign On features of the Feature Request page (it’s a piece of software called ‘UserVoice’. We are focusing our attention on delivering the features people request here that will benefit the SmugMug site rather than develop a feature for the feature request page.

• give user the option to have manual account renewal

I understand that it is a convenience to have SmugMug store your credit card credentials so that your account can automatically renew itself. I have enjoyed that convenience myself for years now. However it is becoming increasingly clear that it is a security risk to have third parties keep your credit card info. I am not saying that I don't trust SmugMug. I am saying that I want the option to manually renew my account every year so that I don't have to have my credit card info stored somewhere.

4 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Allow alternate email addresses to be listed for submitting support request by email on a given account. (Other services I use allow this.)

I use a receive-only email address as the main address for my site. Thus I can't email support requests to SmugMug. Allow alternate email addresses to be added to my account so I can email from any of them.

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • have an ala carte option for different features

I would love to have the option of adding the favorites feature to the power package. I do not need all of the features that the bussiness package offer, but really need and want to use the favorites.

3 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Bitcoin -- Allow customers, and Pro SmugMug users, to pay with BTC!

I'd love if SmugMug would allow people to buy photography with Bitcoin, a virtual currency which is making phenomenal ground. Recently, several big name online sites, (Wordpress and Reddit), have started accepting Bitcoin payments so it's only a matter of time before it becomes the industry standard for online payment. Say goodbye to outrageous credit card merchant fees.

What is Bitcoin? Watch this quick 1:44 video.
                                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo

Bitcoin is an internet currency that allows one to accept payments with extremely low transaction fees. Users pay miners per transaction so it is included on the blockchain; A digital ledger of every…

70 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          6 comments  ·  Subscription/Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Fix the bug in your code preventing credit card dates being entered.

Users of the Opera browser (200 million!) are unable to renew accounts because of a bug in the code which blanks months when years are entered and vice versa. Reported to Heroes but they just chant 'Opera is not supported'. Well, it works perfectly other than this one item so can we get it fixed or should I take my professional account somewhere else?

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base