SmugMug

Welcome to SmugMug’s official Feature Request page. Got suggestions or feature requests? We want to hear from you!

If you’re looking for support or help, please email our Support Heroes at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new.

Before submitting a new idea please search through the existing ideas. If you find it, add your vote to let us know how badly you want the feature!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Partner with an european lab that offers standard metric (cm/mm) sizes of prints.

The current offering of labs are very good quality wise but they all just offer prints in imperial units. Most of Europe use metric sizes for prints.

Please partner with an European lab that offers prints in standard cm-sizes. There should be plenty of good labs in most of Europe. Transportation wise, probably the Netherlands or Germany should be best for covering the EU.

As a resident in Sweden I'd like you to integrate to Crimson as they are one of the best of the digital printers here and they provide good integration possibilities but this might be too much…

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      4 comments  ·  xxProducts to Buy/Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Online booking and scheduling

I can't be the only one who get's hundreds of calls asking if I am booked on a certain day.

I would love it if there was a tool that allowed my open appointments to be seen to clients/ potential clients.

Also if they could pay their deposit through the site I would love it!

I do not book until the client pays a deposit, so why not let them book their own date and pay the deposit at the same time?!

It would have to have a way for us to add and change dates on the back end,…

35 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        2 comments  ·  xxProducts to Buy/Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Ability to add touch-up fees for clients.

Please give us the option to add in our own fee.

24 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          6 comments  ·  xxProducts to Buy/Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • allow printing of contact sheets

I would really like the option to print contact sheets - I just use SmugMug for family photos and would like to have a hard copy of all my digital photos for quick reference.

23 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            5 comments  ·  xxProducts to Buy/Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Let the customer choose from all labs, and be able to control the pricing structure for them, from Bay, Loxley to EZ

I am getting frustrated with Smugmug answers to the pros that pay for their service, to customers that want choices, and a percent in the "extras," to consumer needs.. All is an E.G. given, very frustrating…"So, in other words,, you do not want to change with customers needs, and and consumers of many income variations??
            You will fail then. Change is inevitable.
            I will start searching for a new site, heck even sell from flikr.. Why do you not all,,, acknowledge what is being said on your own blogs?
            Timothy and Marcia Cannon
            mcannon4103@insightbb.com

www.textictures.com

17 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              3 comments  ·  xxProducts to Buy/Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Offer More Sizes of Downloadable Digital Images

I would like to see multiple options of sizes offered, at the same time, educating the visitor (visually) about what the differences are in available downloads. My preferred sizes would be 800 pixels (max dim.) 1200 pixels, 2400 pixels, 3200 and 4800 pixels (or original) which would be the current max for my uses

12 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  xxProducts to Buy/Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • make the buying experience easier for the client.

Instead of the default 6x4" print option on display when a customer has clicked through to 'Buy from this gallery', have a page that allows customers to click on multiple images and make multiple diverse print and download selections from that same page.

Currently they have to go back and forth far too much. They have to click on the 'change product' button (which isn't very clear to people what this even is) to select eg. 7x5" print, then repeat this process to 'change product' to eg. 10x8", then go back and UNSELECT the previous 7x5" clicked options to then…

11 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  xxProducts to Buy/Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Add the ability to download a free digital copy of an image when people purchase a print copy of an image.

Add the ability to download a free digital copy of an image when people purchase a print copy of an image. If people purchase a digital copy they will have to pay to get it printed, however when spending a lot on a print copy there should be the option to download the digital file for free.

10 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    4 comments  ·  xxProducts to Buy/Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Provide a way to track sales that do not have a markup

Currently only photos you sell which you have put a markup onto will be shown in your sales history.
                    There are times when I add a "Friends" pricing to some photos which has no markup. These do not show up in the sales history and I have no way of tracking or seeing how many times people have printed or downloaded the picture

9 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  xxProducts to Buy/Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Add a Digital Copy to a Print Order for Reduced Price

If a customer buys a print online, give them the option to add the digital copy of the print at a reduced price. Most customers these days want the digital copy along with a print so they can share it on socail media. Give customers the option to add a digital copy of the print for a reduced price. Say you charge $10 for a print and $10 for the digital copy. Customers will neve buy both. They will most like take a horrible picture of the print with their smart phone or tablet that will say nothing about your…

9 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Border and Name Headshots

I suggest you work with Bay Photo to create an automatic option to add a border and name to a photo, much like a traditional headshot. There is a company that I send my actor clients to called spotlight printing where they add the border and your name and you can order 300 color copies for $95. I'm not sure how much money they're making on this but it seems like a really really good deal for actors who seem to need a lot of headshots to hand out. I just can't recommend to my clients to order even 100…

9 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          1 comment  ·  xxProducts to Buy/Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Allow us to turn off the "Photos from this Gallery" on BUY button. Default to "This Photo" instead.

I limit my fine art print sales to only Metal and Luster paper. I really LOVE how when a client clicks BUY and then "This Photo" they are given the choice of Wall Art or Paper Prints, and then available sizes as a list. That seems right to me Great Job!!!

I am however not at all satisfied with the interface my customers reach if they select the "BUY PHOTOS" button at the top of a gallery or "Photos from this Gallery" from the BUY button drop down.

It defaults to the cheapest standard size luster paper option I allow…

8 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Multiple Gallery Digital Downloads

It would be really nice to be able to give clients the option to download all photos in all galleries for an event, instead of having to download all photos in EACH gallery. For our wedding clients, we break the day down into 10 different galleries (Getting Ready, Bride + Bridesmaids, Groom + Groomsmen, Details, etc.)

The way it works right now, we have to give them a coupon code to download all the photos in EACH of those galleries (which means they have to go through the process of adding to cart 10 times). It would be nice to…

8 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • speak to other UK/EU print services which can offer photo merchandise on par with US providers

The level of photo merchandise available in the UK is limited, in some instances shipping can cost more than the value of the product. While I understand that Loxley are great for their print their level of photo merchandise is limited.

Perhaps considering a partnership with snapfish or other print provider to supplement the range of UK printers who can match the range which is known throughout the US

8 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                2 comments  ·  xxProducts to Buy/Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • give an option to photo split.

I would really like to see you start to do the photo splits. I have plans to get a photo made into a 3 or 4 canvas split and I'd prefer to order from you. Even if photo splits were available, I know I would use it for home decor prints. I have one beautiful photo of my daughter playing the guitar that I would like printed in 4 20x20 so I could hang them as a collage in her music room.

Thanks

8 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Order a Skinit.com Print.

I would love to have an Order option for one of my photos to export to Skinit.com for a Fee. People are adding these to phones, laptops & tablets.

8 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Graduation Announcements ~ card designs

High School Seniors are the majority of my customers. I would to see Graduation Announcements made available in the card templates please.

7 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Ability to Choose Default Product Choice

I prefer to sell digital downloads. Could you give us a choice as to the "default" product ... "Digital Downloads" for example or at least offer a "Download" alternative button when the system takes them to the shopping cart. I find that most people are not sophisticated enough to choose anything other than the default product (especially when they enter the shopping cart from the BUY "Photos from this Gallery" button). Single photo purchases are perfect because they present a clear choice.

6 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • enable purchase of digital downloads of entire gallery on mobile

Even though, as one of your support staff pointed out, the .zip files delivered with a bulk digital download purchase can't be opened on a mobile device, I'd really like my customers to be able to *purchase* digital downloads of all photos in a gallery on mobile, which they currently can't.

6 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Offer mountings in all sizes, or at least a filter for which sizes have them.

I’m spending a LOT of time adding different products to my cart and later finding out which ones allow various types of mounting. I would love to be able to hit a button that says something like “show only sizes that offer Standout mounting” or similar.

I’m also really disappointed that 15x20 doesn’t offer any mounting at all, since that size would be perfect. I wish all sizes offered the various mountings.

6 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base