SmugMug

Welcome to SmugMug’s official Feature Request page. Got suggestions or feature requests? We want to hear from you!

If you’re looking for support or help, please email our Support Heroes at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new.

Before submitting a new idea please search through the existing ideas. If you find it, add your vote to let us know how badly you want the feature!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow Pros to remove footer

This was apparently a short lived option. Some folks are still grandfathered in, but Smugmug's current policy is to force a smugmug branding on our sites (various tricks to hide it are prohibited).

I understand the need for branding, but as Pros paying quite a bit yearly, I think we should have the choice of whether we want the branding or not. I feel as if Smugmug is trying to play a small part at running my site.

Can we get this option back please?

1,295 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      221 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Music makes everything better!

Being able to upload songs for viewers to play for each gallery can set the mood for each different photoshoot you are presenting.

599 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        121 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The topic of music appears to be highly contested based on the comments here. At this time we are concentrating on developing some other awesome features that we know will benefit everyone. Please continue to discuss this as it will help us understand how we might be be able to use music more effectively in the future.

• Set gallery expiration dates within gallery settings

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be able to set gallery expiration dates within my settings. I only allow clients to view their gallery for X amount of days and then have to manually go in and change the password to something random that they won't know.

I would like the choice to have their gallery password work for a certain amount of days that I can designate and then when it expires default to a "Your gallery has expired, please contact for more information" kind of deal. Maybe even a "days left" counter when they have to log in…

580 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          75 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Ability to Copy Pages / Custom Templates / Maintain Elements While being "Unique"

[admin update 2015/1/2: Merged multiple ideas]

It would great if we could have the ability to make copies of our pages so we can keep a consistent look to them if need be. such in my case i want to use it for my blog but others may want it for client pages or what have you.
          -----------
          Now every time you create a page you have to add all the elements you want to use and set the width and ... it would be easier when you could save or reuse a template you made before.
          -----
          I would…

516 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            69 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

November 2016: We do have some beta functionality that allows the copying of individual pages. This will take a page, it’s customization (including content blocks), and duplicate it. Right now, you’d need to write into our Support Heroes and ask them to copy the page for you. help@smugmug.com. I hope that helps some folks until we can get this more formalized!

• Default Settings

Firstly, make the default settings to provide the most protection. Don't make a user have to search for all the boxes to uncheck to make sure their photos are protected. Second, allow the user to make a default setting of their own that will be applied to all new galleries so they don't have to go through all the settings everytime and hope they don't forget to uncheck one of these sharing settings. Thirdly, allow setting changes to be applied to multiple galleries at once. Fourthly, allow the mobile site to actually change gallery settings!!!

I chose a package that…

326 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              35 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Need a better way to sort galleries & photos in the "Items I Choose" option

In a gallery content block, when the "Select From" option is set to "Galleries I Choose" (or "Photos I Choose", or "Items I choose") the only sorting option is the order in which the galleries are chosen. If you find later that you want to add a gallery or change the order of those displaying, you have to go back in and choose all the galleries over again and be sure you are choosing them in the right order. It would be nice to be able to have a sort option available.

207 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                42 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Re-enable javascript on the New Smugmug

I along with quite a few smugmug users self-fulfill our orders. We use paypal for payment and in order to do so, javascript has to be used, whci cannot be done on the new release. (unless the super heroes know of a way of pulling gallery and photo information using html). Is smugmug looking into enabling javascript on the new version?

160 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  23 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Add Ability To Customize Sharegroup Pages

Also:
                  Make Sharegroups a first-class citizen
                  Posted in SmugMug » Site Look & Feel

Search around here and in the forums you'll see it again and again:

- Display categories and subcategories in Sharegroups
                  - Easy customization of my Sharegroup page
                  - Advanced customization of my Sharegroup page

For some of us, Sharegroups serve as primary landing pages to large collections of galleries. They fill the general need for unlisted URLs and password-protection. However, we have very little control over how that content is displayed to the visitor.

When you already have the organized category and subcategory information…

93 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    12 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Ability to Customize Events Page like any other Page / Folder / Gallery

I want to customize event pages. Currently they stick out like a sore thumb within new smugmug. If I craft an event for a wedding, I want to customize the look for that. If I create an event for a child's birthday, I want to customize it for that.

I can do this for a folder versus an event page, which looks much nicer...but that folder must be public for the galleries within to be visible.

91 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      22 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • More customization with smug mug's contact form

Smugmug Provides its users with a very limited contact form that you can only be accessed from the menu. It looks amazing as it matches your website when you change your theme or anything else. But it is extremely limited; Ive asked about more customization but for that smugmug cs tells me i should use another service that is connected to them. It would be so much nicer to have smugmug create their own customization contact forms for us to use. Im sticking with the contact form provided by smugmug as it fits the theme of my website very well,…

75 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        6 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • allow users to choose how many "Most Populars" they have on their own site.

It would be nice if we could choose any number for our own Most Populars; possibly even for visitors to see more than the usual thousand if they would like to, even for the Sitewide Most Populars (i.e. a "click for more" button or some such thing). Other sites show you how many items there are altogether in a partciular category and you can flip through all of them, but smugmug only goes to 1000 -- it's a lot, but I personally would like to have the option for more.

66 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          4 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • allow us to modify quick settings and automatically update galleries

make it possible to modify gallery quick settings. Right now if I want to change a quick setting I basically have to make the change and then do a "SAVE AS" for that change and create a new quick set. If I want this change to be on other galleries I would have to "Apply Quick Settings to multiple galleries" and pick which galleries should use the new quick set. Why can't I just change the setting and it could then automatically be applied to all the galleries with this quick set

48 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            10 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • allow us to manually associate a date with a gallery

It would be good to have the ability to manually associate a date with a gallery as a structured metadata item without having to use the workaround of sticking it in the gallery name, and the ability to arrange galleries by this associated date. I know you have some functionality which works off the camera date or the upload date, but I'm posting a lot of scanned-in old pictures and would like to be able to assign dates to all my galleries for sorting purposes without having to start my gallery names yyyy-mm-dd.

37 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              5 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • favicon

There are multiple problems with facicon customization in current smugmug:
                              1 No support for ico files. This means user cannot upload and use a custom ico file. This in turn means older browsers which only support ico files dont see custom favicon.

2. Smugmug only renders 16px png files for custom favicon. This means, browsers cannot pick a custom resolution icon to show (ico files allow this, png files dont). 16px icons look horrible on high resolution screens. Most browsers today support 32px favicons

few different possible solutions:
                              1. smugmug can allow user to upload a favicon.ico file. This way,…

28 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                2 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Themes -- Offer more sports themes than the few that are available now.

You have GREAT themes for us to use, but for sports themes we need more then what is offered now. I shot other sports then what you offer for themes and I think my customers would like themes such as Baskeball, Hockey, Volleyball, Soccer, Rugby, ect....... You have made some GREAT changes in the past year and adding the themes would just make out sites that much GREATER!!! Thank You.

27 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  3 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Add Ability To Customize High Level Folders, And Have Changes Flow Down Into Child Galleries

If you make a edit in Customize to a high level folder, allow for the changes to be applied to all children galleries. Essentially, it would copy whatever changes were made in the Customizer to all folders, galleries, and pages contained within the folder. If a Content Block was added to one item, it would also be added to all the other folders, galleries, or pages within that parent folder. There should be an easy way to edit one page, gallery, or folder, and have those changes apply to everything else. It's difficult to have to redo those changes for…

27 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    11 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As was announced in November on DGrin (http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=239444&page=3) we’ve added the ability to create custom CSS based on a parent folder. You can now use CSS to customize all folders, galleries, and pages within a parent folder.

This is only the beginning of this request, as it does not allow you to add content blocks or customize certain aspects of a higher level folder and let it apply to all galleries, folders, pages, etc within that folder. There is still no way to copy Customizations or content blocks into another gallery or sub-items in a folder. Until that is implemented, I will leave this as “started”.

• apply quick settings to all galleries

Allow for applying gallery quick settings to ALL galleries and bulk selected galleries.

24 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • More/better/updated gallery themes please!

I think a few themes on Smugmug are pretty nice, but most of them are a little old and some are even a little tacky.
                                      I know there are options to customize, but I dont have the time for that.
                                      Please please make available some smart good looking themes!

23 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        1 comment  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Better Mobile Site Customization

Allow better, more independent customization of my mobile site. While my mobile site generally resembles my desktop site, with headers, menu items, etc, I really don't have any control over how my mobile site works. While I like that the changes i make to galleries, color schemes, etc, apply to both my desktop and mobile site, I'd like to be able to toggle between desktop and mobile customization platforms. I want special features that are only available to mobile sites (don't you browse sites on your phone differently than you do on your desktop?). As web traffic to our sites…

23 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • make the pulldown box for Gallery Quick Settings wider so I can see the full name.

If you can't build an interface to CRUD Quick Settings in the short term, at least make the pulldown menu wider so I can differentiate between similarly named quick settings.

19 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            2 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base