SmugMug

Welcome to SmugMug’s official Feature Request page. Got suggestions or feature requests? We want to hear from you!

If you’re looking for support or help, please email our Support Heroes at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new.

Before submitting a new idea please search through the existing ideas. If you find it, add your vote to let us know how badly you want the feature!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. make it possible to add google forms so my clients can take my surveys.

I use google forms for my business. I wish I could integrate them with your site. It would be so much easier for me and my clients to have them all in one.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Add testimonials

Please add a feature to add Customer Testimonials to my site. It should be a page you can add, add a menu link to it from your homepage, ask the client for their name, rating (1 to 5 or stars or something like that), have them write up to maybe 200-300 characters and then have a submit button. The owner can then review the testimonial and choose to publish or not.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Make the RSS Feed Link positionable

Currently RSS Feed link is in the footer. This doesn't work so well for very large galleries, because the infinite scroll means you have to do a lot of work to get to the link.

I'd like to propose that the link be positionable (or at least provide a few choices), so that (for instance), I could position the link in the lower right-hand corner of the gallery hero image (near the download/slideshow buttons)

Not saying the footer shouldn't be an option, but I don't think it should be the only choice!

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Add more sites pointing to our domains.smugmug.com

I have two major accounts I regularly upload photos for, one is an amusement business and they need media to be able to access a gallery of mine for publications. The other is my own photo business. I would like to have my photo business have a subdomain and their business to have a separate subdomain. That way when they send the press to my site to gather photos I've uploaded for them, they don't use my name, but theirs. But I can continue using my name for my other clients.

4 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Wrap text around an image

I know I am able to wrap text around an image by writing/editing HTML. This assumes the user has HTML knowledge.

Would it be possible to create a feature, enabling the wrapping of a block of text around an image? As opposed to only being able to place the text above, below, to the left or to the right of the image?

Thank you.

11 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Allow customizing of contact invitation emails

The email your system sends when inviting a contact to access a gallery (e.g. as used in the Client Area functionality) is pretty awesome. It would be nice to be able to brand the email and change it's message content. However, at the absolute bear minimum, can we at least have the ability to change how it refers to US? The email reads "Great news! dtrimble has invited you...". It looks amateurish and a bit silly to say "dtrimble", which is also what shows in the from header. It would be super useful to be able to say my full…

7 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Allow pinning individual page sidebars

Currently, the sidebars on pages pin only if they are an entire site sidebar or homepage sidebar.

That disallows having different pinned sidebars on different pages.

Moreover, entire site sidebars display on the 'Unlock Page' page, which would not be wanted if you want all of the content of your pages (including the sidebar) to be private.

It seems pretty basic to allow having different content on sidebars on different pages, and to choose to pin all of them or some of them individually, and for the sidebar not to be visible to people without a visitor password.

I can't…

4 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Allow slideshow (or lightbox) arrows to be placed other than at the sides.

Allow back/forward arrows for slideshow (and lightbox) to fit not just at the sides of the slideshow but also right under the slideshow and not intrude on the image area. (Or maybe other locations too?)

And to be able to group the back/forward, thumbnails link, full screen button, and play button all neatly together under the slideshow.

And for these not to disappear/reappear or fade/unfade with mouse hoverings .

For example, from a page of another photographer:

http://www.krisannejohnson.com/Projects/Old-German-Baptist/1

(She does have mouse hover animation; but we can imagine that there's an option to allow the page designer to not have…

4 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Allow interaction between slideshow/thumbnails so that both pages can have other content too.

I would like to have pages that have on them a slideshow but also other content blocks with other text, such as a paragraph about the subject of the slideshow or navigation on a sidebar, etc.

Then also a button to the thumbnails. And on the thumbnails page, also content blocks along with the thumbnails. Then to be able to click on a thumbnail to bring you back to the slideshow page at that image in the slideshow.

For example, see this page by another photographer:

http://www.krisannejohnson.com/Projects/Old-German-Baptist/1

You see that she has her sidebar navigation on both the slideshow page…

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Different type of loading effects for pages

I would really like to have an option to change the loading effect to something simple as just a smooth glide in. My pages load very poppy, images randomly pop up, it just looks very untidy like that.

3 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Have "Make this Gallery Custom" be default instead of "All Galleries"

I have a question and a suggestion. The suggestion is to change the customization of galleries to make "Make This Gallery Custom" the default position rather that "All Galleries." I propose that most text usage will be intended for one gallery, not all, and that, as happened to me twice, I changed the lead-in text on all of my galleries accidentally when I had intended it for the new gallery I was working on. My question is related: Is there a way for me to change that default on my account even though, because I was burned twice before, I…

2 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          1 comment  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Allow Design Customisation of Search Result Page

It would be great to be able to customise the design of the search results page.

The images currently show up with no spacing between each of them and as a cropped version of the full image, so it's hard to see the images properly without clicking on each one.

It would also be great to have the text that appears for each image to be its title, rather than the gallery it belongs to.

Thanks!

12 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            3 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Default Settings

Firstly, make the default settings to provide the most protection. Don't make a user have to search for all the boxes to uncheck to make sure their photos are protected. Second, allow the user to make a default setting of their own that will be applied to all new galleries so they don't have to go through all the settings everytime and hope they don't forget to uncheck one of these sharing settings. Thirdly, allow setting changes to be applied to multiple galleries at once. Fourthly, allow the mobile site to actually change gallery settings!!!

I chose a package that…

328 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              36 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Allow design in emails under share function

Share email option to include design altering- like my own logo and taking down SmugMug

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • why is it that we can not get even a basic html editor built (to do basic text editing and to control the page content) in to our dashboard

why is it that we can not get even a basic html editor built (to do basic text editing and to control the page content) in to our dashboard and from the html editor there would be way to upload a image directly from the html editor and then publish - i have requested this several times with no results yet - I think I will just go with wordpress and save $20.00 a month - this is ridicules and really getting on my nerves...

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Gallery Text, add undo

Formatting text content of a gallery is extremely cumbersome right now (e.g., no bullets). Cutting and pasting of already formatted content is not possible. When one attempts to do so, there is not back; an "Undo" does not exist. Please provide it.

3 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Allow the creation of Page templates applied automatically

Allow the creation of Page templates which are automatically applied to all pages and galleries located under a Folder and its subfolders

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Ability to change background on contact form

I have changed the background for whole of my website but the contact form remains black,

I would like to have the ability to change the contact form background to match the rest of my website

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Set up custom pages separate from the Entire site option

The ability to set up custom pages separate from the Entire site option. This would allow for multiple pages without header and/or footer on it each of them having a unique layout. Using the current standard Smugmug functionality it would require me to set up the header and footer for each individual page separately which cost a lot of time.

5 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Divider Pages

Within a gallery, is there a way to insert a blank space, where a photo would be, and then to write on it, for the purpose of making a divider page which identifies the next set of photos? I know I can label each photo, but I'm wanting to make a visible separation between a group of photos within the gallery. For example if the gallery is of a trip, it would be nice to have a divider page that identifies sub grouping such as: our hotel, side trip to blank, blah blah restaurant, tour of X winners, etc. followed…

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base