SmugMug

Welcome to SmugMug’s official Feature Request page. Got suggestions or feature requests? We want to hear from you!

If you’re looking for support or help, please email our Support Heroes at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new.

Before submitting a new idea please search through the existing ideas. If you find it, add your vote to let us know how badly you want the feature!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have "Make this Gallery Custom" be default instead of "All Galleries"

I have a question and a suggestion. The suggestion is to change the customization of galleries to make "Make This Gallery Custom" the default position rather that "All Galleries." I propose that most text usage will be intended for one gallery, not all, and that, as happened to me twice, I changed the lead-in text on all of my galleries accidentally when I had intended it for the new gallery I was working on. My question is related: Is there a way for me to change that default on my account even though, because I was burned twice before, I…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Default Settings

Firstly, make the default settings to provide the most protection. Don't make a user have to search for all the boxes to uncheck to make sure their photos are protected. Second, allow the user to make a default setting of their own that will be applied to all new galleries so they don't have to go through all the settings everytime and hope they don't forget to uncheck one of these sharing settings. Thirdly, allow setting changes to be applied to multiple galleries at once. Fourthly, allow the mobile site to actually change gallery settings!!!

I chose a package that…

331 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        37 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Allow design in emails under share function

Share email option to include design altering- like my own logo and taking down SmugMug

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • why is it that we can not get even a basic html editor built (to do basic text editing and to control the page content) in to our dashboard

why is it that we can not get even a basic html editor built (to do basic text editing and to control the page content) in to our dashboard and from the html editor there would be way to upload a image directly from the html editor and then publish - i have requested this several times with no results yet - I think I will just go with wordpress and save $20.00 a month - this is ridicules and really getting on my nerves...

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Gallery Text, add undo

Formatting text content of a gallery is extremely cumbersome right now (e.g., no bullets). Cutting and pasting of already formatted content is not possible. When one attempts to do so, there is not back; an "Undo" does not exist. Please provide it.

3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Allow the creation of Page templates applied automatically

Allow the creation of Page templates which are automatically applied to all pages and galleries located under a Folder and its subfolders

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Ability to change background on contact form

I have changed the background for whole of my website but the contact form remains black,

I would like to have the ability to change the contact form background to match the rest of my website

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Set up custom pages separate from the Entire site option

The ability to set up custom pages separate from the Entire site option. This would allow for multiple pages without header and/or footer on it each of them having a unique layout. Using the current standard Smugmug functionality it would require me to set up the header and footer for each individual page separately which cost a lot of time.

5 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Divider Pages

Within a gallery, is there a way to insert a blank space, where a photo would be, and then to write on it, for the purpose of making a divider page which identifies the next set of photos? I know I can label each photo, but I'm wanting to make a visible separation between a group of photos within the gallery. For example if the gallery is of a trip, it would be nice to have a divider page that identifies sub grouping such as: our hotel, side trip to blank, blah blah restaurant, tour of X winners, etc. followed…

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Allow a way to go back in time when making site edits

When making site edits, allow users to go back through a series of edits to get back to a specific point in time. This would probably reduce the number of support requests as well as enabling users to experiment with their site without the risk of messing it up.

2 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Make periodic backups of all custom settings (CSS, HTML, etc.)

It is easy to lose or damage your customizations when making changes, and maybe you want or need to return to a previous working version of your customized site.

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Improve maintainability of site-wide "Gallery Settings"

I envision a method whereby the site owner can quickly scan the gallery settings of all the site's galleries at once. This will help to quickly identify various kinds of errors, for example, a gallery with a deprecated Quick Setting. I then envision a capability to change the settings of multiple galleries at once, for example, changing a single “gallery setting” value or applying a Quick Setting to multiple galleries simultaneously.

I would expect the "scanning" capability not to be hampered by a user interface requiring the presentation of the "gallery settings" on dozens or hundreds of pages on a…

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Add buy button to images displayed outside a gallery (such as showcasing multiple images on homepage)

When a user gets on my homepage, They cannot understand that I'm selling the photos. For some of us it should be right in their face.

The problem is on a gallery page tou have the buy button but if you use the same gallery on a page (such as your homepage) The photos will not have the buy button (unless user clicks for lightbox view).

6 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Allow the cookie consent bar text and the link destination to be edited by users

I just sent this suggestion to support and they asked that I post it here:

Is it possible to edit the text on the cookie consent bar? It currently reads: "FYI: This site uses cookies to make sure your visit is as awesome as possible. What and why?" but I don't like the way it's worded, it just doesn't suit my site or the style of my business - especially as I'm in Europe, not the US.

I also wondered if it's possible to have the link in the cookie consent bar directed elsewhere? At the moment it goes to…

14 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                3 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Ability to customize while offline and apply later

I want to be able to customise my site! OFF LINE
                                example:

To be able to edit everything on a page

Then to be able to save the edit for later when I am on line to upload the changes!

This would be very very handy if I was somewhere with no internet access, which is quite often!

Its VERY frustrating when you have an idea and cannot sort it because guess what you have no internet access!

PLEASE PLEASE give smug muggers this ability it would be a great assett to the tool set on SMUG MUG

3 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Options to customize the Download, Share, etc. buttons in a gallery

Or have more user friendly icons placed in a higher position on the galleries.
                                  My clients always seem to be confused / or unaware of the download button (not the download all), the share button and the favorites. Would like the option to customize it.

6 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    2 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • metadata display option panel

whenever the Image Info on or off is checked on and the location is under, present a window that allows us to turn on or off the display of not only
                                    title
                                    caption
                                    keywords
                                    But also let us pick and choose from amongst all the other metadata found in the image file.

In other words, make the standard image display include the possibility of also displaying under or to the side all of the metadata found in the file that can be rendered as text.

Nice extras would be to be able to reorder the list and to choose whether…

0 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Save text in the description field with "quick settings"

Hi!

I have the settings I need for my various client galleries saved as pre-sets in the "quick settings" - it's great. However, I'd love to save the text I enter into "description" to those pre-sets as well (that's where I leave instructions for the client on how to select from their proofs in their preliminary gallery, or how to download their final images from their edited gallery etc).

It would save several steps (now I create the new gallery, go to an old gallery where I click through organize>settings>description and then copy the text there, close out of that,…

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Better Mobile Site Customization

Allow better, more independent customization of my mobile site. While my mobile site generally resembles my desktop site, with headers, menu items, etc, I really don't have any control over how my mobile site works. While I like that the changes i make to galleries, color schemes, etc, apply to both my desktop and mobile site, I'd like to be able to toggle between desktop and mobile customization platforms. I want special features that are only available to mobile sites (don't you browse sites on your phone differently than you do on your desktop?). As web traffic to our sites…

48 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          5 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Ability to scope "Most Popular" and "Recent Photos" to certain galleries

"Most Popular" and "Recent Photos" should have the ability to limit the scope to certain galleries and not just globally. It would be nice to have these designations for different sections of my site.

9 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base