SmugMug

Welcome to SmugMug’s official Feature Request page. Got suggestions or feature requests? We want to hear from you!

If you’re looking for support or help, please email our Support Heroes at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new.

Before submitting a new idea please search through the existing ideas. If you find it, add your vote to let us know how badly you want the feature!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create CSS sprites

In order to speed up thumbnail loading, how about creating CSS sprites that contain all thumbs?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Themes -- Offer more sports themes than the few that are available now.

You have GREAT themes for us to use, but for sports themes we need more then what is offered now. I shot other sports then what you offer for themes and I think my customers would like themes such as Baskeball, Hockey, Volleyball, Soccer, Rugby, ect....... You have made some GREAT changes in the past year and adding the themes would just make out sites that much GREATER!!! Thank You.

27 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        3 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Customizations/Themes Gallery

Have a website/page for customizations and themes that users can click and add to their website. Allow developers and designers to upload to this website. A theme/customization would include a page for users to define settings (variables, settings, etc..) and images, css and javascript to go with it. When a user has a theme/customization selected, it is automatically applied to the javascript/css of the page.

10 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • larger input fields or page editor

When creating bio/caption/gallery descriptions the text box to enter text is very small. When we need large amounts of text - you have to create them in Word, then copy and paste, then copy them back to edit them.

It would be helpful to have a page editor or just show a large enough box to enter lots of text and scroll around without having to use other software to see more than a small piece of it.

3 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            2 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Use my custom theme for sharing page

Smugmug is not yet a completely white-label solution for pros. Can we remove the smugmug branding from these pages too please :)

14 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Allow Customizations to be Uploaded and Downloaded

The customizations to email feature is a great start, but what would be the icing on the cake is the ability to upload that file and it automatically read in the customizations in that file. The file format would probably have to be changed to XML, but I think this is really doable. Plus, it opens the doors for developers to have ready-made styles for SM that a user can just upload to their change and change and be ready to go!

2 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Allow Javascript per theme

Allow pros to create javascript per theme so it's possible to create different functionality depending on the theme. I realize not many people probably use multiple themes throughout their site, but for those that do it's a huge hassle if you want to use JS to add/move/remove elements or functionality.

6 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Effectictive use to watermark

1. Currently, once a .png file is uploaded, SM takes the size of
                  watermark and displays on all pics, in such case water mark looks huge and also on some vertical pics and cropped pics.

2. If SM does a algorithm like Lightroom where , the watermark can fit a user defined % on a pic, e.g I want all my pics to have 8% of space used for logo.The watermark will more pleasing then on ur face.

3. Also an option of, opacity of watermark.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →
                  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base