SmugMug

Welcome to SmugMug’s official Feature Request page. Got suggestions or feature requests? We want to hear from you!

If you’re looking for support or help, please email our Support Heroes at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new.

Before submitting a new idea please search through the existing ideas. If you find it, add your vote to let us know how badly you want the feature!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Offer mounting, texture, and protective spray to prints

Before coming to SmugMug, all of my prints 8x10 or larger were only offered mounted, textured, and sprayed. It was a really nice touch that was VERY well received by my clients. Please, please, please!!!

180 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      46 comments  ·  Products to Buy/Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Allow galleries to be configured like folder pages, eg size, spacing etc

With the 'new smugmug' you can configure folder pages to change the spacing between thumbnails, change the size, put the title inside or outside of the thumbnail

but when you get to a gallery of actual photos, you get what you are given, no configuration at all other than choosing the base style - collage, square, etc

This seems like a major omission in this new configurable smugmug!

124 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        14 comments  ·  Site Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • 90 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          20 comments  ·  Stats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • ALL thumbnails should be optioned for watermark or not.

ALL thumbnails should be optioned for watermark or not. Not JUST "Smugmug" gallery themed thumbs. "Galleries" thumbnails should not be showing watermarks either. This shouldn't have to be a suggestion. WHY DO YOU DO THIS?

3 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Site Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can change your watermark settings to only display the watermark on images sized Medium and above. This will prevent the watermark from appearing on Small sized images that may be used in gallery thumbnails. If you are displaying size Medium images, then you can change the maximum display size for the watermark to Large.

If you have specific questions about this on your site, go ahead and shoot me an email at feedback@smugmug.com and I’ll happily take a look :)

• Make it easier to assign multiple watermarks to photos within one gallery.

Similar to how SmugMug allows users to add captions/keywords to all the photos in a gallery from one page, allow us to also attach the watermark from that page under Tools --> Many Photos --> Caption/Keywords. I have 4 different watermarks that I use depending on which corner of the photo I want them to appear & would like to have a faster way to choose which watermark I will assign to each photo with less clicking around on the site.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can add watermarks to photos already in your gallery by clicking ORGANIZE at the top of your homepage > open the gallery of images > select the images you want to add watermarks to > click the little wrench icon in the upper left > select Watermarks. From there you will be able to apply one of your own watermarks or the SmugMug default watermark to all the photos at once or just one photo at a time. You can even use the keyboard shortcut Command + Option + N to save the watermark and automatically move to the next photo. This is also indicated within the watermarking feature in case you forget.

Here is a link to our help page with more info on how to apply watermarks: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93343-how-do-i-watermark-photos-?b_id=1644

• Applying a watermark is easy BUT, try removing it ...

You provide a simple On / Off option to apply watermarks, unfortunately the OFF option does absolutely nothing after watermarks have been applied.

Unless you search the forums or write to Smugmug for help, you will never be able to remove watermarks, once applied.

The OFF option should simply do what it says on the can ... TURN THEM OFF!

3 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Turning off watermarking in your gallery settings will only apply that setting to new photos that you upload to that gallery. To remove watermarks from photos already in your gallery click ORGANIZE at the top of your homepage > open the gallery of images > select the images you want to remove watermarks from > click the little wrench icon in the upper left > select Watermarks. From there you will be able to remove your watermarks.

Here is a link to our help page with more info on how to apply watermarks: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93343-how-do-i-watermark-photos-?b_id=1644

• drag and drop upload duplicate options PRIOR to dropping

When uploading, the options for duplicates (allow, replace etc) do not appear until we drag and drop into the window or make our file selection.

Please provide that menu upon launching the upload page.

2. also, when upload is complete, please still list the total images # of total uploaded so that we can confirm before hitting done. currently, once completed, the screen clears.

-gschlact
                schlacter.smugmug.com

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  3 comments  ·  Uploading  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The uploader currently shows the number of images uploaded and gives you the option to view the log to confirm that the upload was complete before clicking “done”.

When uploading images, changing the options for duplicates will take action as soon as the option is changed, without requiring the user to do anything additional. Whether or not the options for duplicates is displayed first or when the uploader shouldn’t effect the actual workflow for uploading, however, it would present User Interface challenges if displayed first.

• 205 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    34 comments  ·  Site Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Quick Settings can be deleted after they are selected in Gallery Settings. Thanks for the feedback.

We have some ideas for dramatically improving the feature to make it easier to create, manage, and apply them. Stay tuned!

• let us customise the "contact form"

Now that we're stuck with using the Smugmug contact form we need to be able to customise it to fit our requirements. One size definitely doesn't fit all, and "The Question" is possibly the most unhelpful prompt in the history of text form prompts.

Or just give us the option to add Wufoo forms back.

12 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      2 comments  ·  Site Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • When U/L from ipad, allow select multiple/all photos in SmugShot App

Want to transfer all my photos in the field to iPad then upload them all to SmugMug via SmugShot App. Current version of app makes only allows you to select 1 photo at a time.

34 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        3 comments  ·  Apps & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is complete! SmugShot is a deprecated app that we no longer offer or support. Our current app, SmugMug, fully supports uploading of photos from your device. You are able to upload multiple photos at once.

• Support navigation history

If I click on a picture from the home page, the URL doesn't change. When I hit the back button, I get an empty page, not the homepage. I know there is a different way, that's not the point. It's that you are breaking a fundamental browser feature and user expectation. In addition, one has to use some other trick to find a shareable link, whereas it should always be the current URL. Thanks

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Site Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback Antonio! We do have the option to make the images on your homepage open in the gallery. Right now you have them opening in the Lightbox on the homepage. If you change the multi-photos content block’s Action on Click to “Open in Gallery” it will work the way you want it to. If you’d like further info, you can shoot us an email at feedback@smugmug.com.

• Account Billing History

The Control Panel should include the account billing history for subscriptions.

6 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • 112 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              51 comments  ·  Site Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is now fully complete and works for both the slideshow style as well as the Full-screen Slideshow.

To enable titles and captions or edit the various aspects, follow these steps:

1. Go into customization on a gallery page (“Content and Design”).
                              2. Click on the Content Block with the gallery photos.
                              3. Choose the Slideshow Style and customize it.

Note: You need to have a Power account or above.

• Allow attaching Lightroom publisher galleries to existing galleries in SM

Today, when a new gallery is created in the SmugMug Lightroom publishing service it always creates a new gallery on SmugMug. It can be very useful to be able to attach manually created galleries in LR, in particular smart galleries, to existing galleries in SM.
                              The sync hierarchies option gives some capability but it doesn't compare to having full manual control over the mapping of publisher galleries to site galleries.

3 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                2 comments  ·  Apps & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Enable captions whenever a viewer elects to view photos in slideshow mode, irregardless of which gallery style has been selected for display

Right now, the only way to see captions in slideshow view is to select the Slideshow Gallery style. I prefer to set my gallery style in collage format, but some of my viewers like to view the photos as a slideshow. No captions are visible if they choose to view as a slideshow - they have to "arrow" through the entire gallery one at a time, and even then the captions are scrolling off the bottom of the screen unless you arrow over them.

12 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • add the option to toggle captions on or off in Slideshow

In the old Smugmug the captions were displayed in slideshow mode. In the new Smugmug, the captions are not displayed.
                                  I would like to have the option to choose between the two.

19 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Make recent photos view more like an album

The new Recent Photos feature is great, but it only lets you show a fixed number of recent photos on the home page. It would be awesome if we could add an option to let viewers click a link to see more photos, letting them walk backwards in time through our photos.

11 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      3 comments  ·  Site Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Simpler CSS customization of galleries

Allow site owners to add one or more CSS classes to any given gallery (probably in gallery settings).

This then makes CSS customization of any given set of galleries (like your About, Services, Contact and Pricing pages) to be massively simpler. Instead of creating the same block of CSS with arcane gallery numbers in it and copying it over and over in your CSS (each copy with different gallery numbers), you only have to have one simple set of CSS with a nice English sounding class name.

The site owner can then just assign that class name to any gallery…

26 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        3 comments  ·  Site Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Continuously Loop Carousel Content Block

I just noticed the Carousel feature was it just added? Anyways it would be great if the carousel had the option of being continuous (looping) instead of just stopping at the last picture.

39 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          8 comments  ·  Site Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • give carousel a "randomize images" option.

Right now the carousel only displays images in a fixed order. I'd rather they appear in a random order, like a slideshow is capable of.

19 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base