SmugMug

Welcome to SmugMug’s official feedback forum. Got suggestions or feature requests? We want to hear from you!

If you’re looking for support or help, please email our Support Heroes at http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal .

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. enable bulk gallery downloading.

This is already listed as completed, but I thought I'd slap it back on the table because to download an entire gallery requires you to step outside of Smugmug, download external software & run a non-branded app, & that just isn't good enough.

I make wedding photos books using guests' photos, so as a Pro user have external contributors - who are neither photographers nor computer folk & who are, essentially, doing this as a favour - adding photos to galleries using the Assistant password. This part works. Then when I have looked at all contributions, & selected & enhanced…

409 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      69 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Add the ability to add default descriptions/captions to gallery uploads

When I upload the pics from a client shoot, there's no default descriptions/captions added. So when they say "Oh, I like the third one down the best", I have to go look in the gallery, and figure out which one they're talking about.

Ideally, there'd be an option to just add an incremental number to the caption. Even better still would be the uploaded filename. "I like DSC_1047 best" means I can go grab that photo by name.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Uploading  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Facebook integration improvements needed

After using (or trying to use) the Smugmug Facebook integration, I am finding it in serious need of a bunch of enhancements.

1) The "Be Social" interface doesn't allow me to use a shortcut link (I use bit.ly) that lets me track click-throughs. It only puts in the very long Smugmug link.

2) The "Be Social" interface doesn't have a way to link to a gallery, only to the lightbox view of a single photo. I nearly always want to pick a representative thumb and then link to a gallery, not to a single photo. The way it ends up…

75 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          7 comments  ·  Social  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Change default settings to: 1) right protect photos 2) allow water markings on Med Prints

1) Why wouldn't Smugmug have right protecting photos turned ON as a default setting. If I want to give people a free copy, I can change my settings to allow that. 2) Allow me to put water marks on Medium sized prints. I realize a person can't make a print by screen copying a photo at medium, but in this day and age, people can use them to look at those photos on their phones, tablets or computers. If someone wants to screen capture my photos ... regardless of size, I would like people who see those photos with my…

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Ability to have no watermark on gallery covers

It can just be a simple option right under where you choose the cover image for a gallery. That way it makes the site look beautiful & clean on entry but protects the images once clicking in!

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Site Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We currently offer you the option to select the minimize size for which watermarks will be displayed. If set to something like Medium, for example, watermarks will not be set on anything smaller, like the thumbnails and gallery cover images.

• Be able to go backwards & navigate easily from a Gallery!

It makes no sense that when you go into a gallery you can not go backwards to where that gallery is stored, the home page, etc unless you press your browsers back button having to navigate completely back through all of the pages in that gallery. Please add some simple buttons for this task.

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Site Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Add a full screen button (toggle) for a single photo.

Add a full screen button that can be used in galleries to instantly show a single photo full screen and then allow pressing the Esc key to return. This functionality exists for a slideshow but not individual photos. You can change the size of photos displayed in the lightbox but it would be useful to have a button (like the two arrow button) with slideshows that could be used to instantly toggle to full screen and back.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • drag and drop upload duplicate options PRIOR to dropping

When uploading, the options for duplicates (allow, replace etc) do not appear until we drag and drop into the window or make our file selection.

Please provide that menu upon launching the upload page.

2. also, when upload is complete, please still list the total images # of total uploaded so that we can confirm before hitting done. currently, once completed, the screen clears.

-gschlact
                  schlacter.smugmug.com

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    2 comments  ·  Uploading  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The uploader currently shows the number of images uploaded and gives you the option to view the log to confirm that the upload was complete before clicking “done”.

When uploading images, changing the options for duplicates will take action as soon as the option is changed, without requiring the user to do anything additional. Whether or not the options for duplicates is displayed first or when the uploader shouldn’t effect the actual workflow for uploading, however, it would present User Interface challenges if displayed first.

• Reinstate ability to crop thumbnails

Until today, I had been able to crop the thumbnail. Now when I click the Wrench it offers a Crop option, which only crops the entire image, not just the thumbnail. Many of my images are 3:2 ratio but I like the square thumbnail. With an off-center subject in the 3:2 image, it shows poorly in a square thumbnail unless I can crop it. Please allow me to individually crop each thumbnail the way I used to.

4 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Please bring back the thumbnail crop functionality

I am not sure why the thumbnail crop is completely removed. It is difficult to display images in a professional manner unless you shoot in square like for instagram. We need a way to fix when the thumbnail shows a person with their head cut off etc.

14 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • PLEASE allow batch caption-editing under organize. Having to Save each caption separately is multiplying my work!!!!

Now that you've done another fix, I can no longer add captions to a group of photos and upload with ONE SAVE. Instead, I have to highlight, caption and save each photo separately. You've increased my work by miles!

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Include the option to remove watermarks on thumbnails and feature galleries

Watermarking of photos is essential, but not on thumbnails. With the nice new large thumbnail previews we get with new smugmug, the watermark tends to get in the way a bit.

I'd like an option to hide or remove the watermark on thumbnails and feature gallery thumbs.

19 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            3 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We added the ability on the new platform to choose the smallest display size a watermark will apply to. So, for example, you could make it so your watermarks only appear on Medium (600 × 450) sizes and above.

• Google+ in Share Buttons

Please add Google+ in Share Buttons block, exactly as you did for Facebook and Twitter.
                            Thank you!

15 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              1 comment  ·  Social  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Let us delete quick settings.

Let us delete quick settings. I have several that I no longer need and want them off there.

43 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Apologies for not updating this feature request sooner. The ability to delete quick settings was added a few months back.

To remove an existing quick setting, follow these steps:

1. Go to a gallery
                                2. Click ‘Customize’ in the header and select ‘Gallery Settings’
                                3. Go to the “Quick Settings” tab
                                4. In the “Quick Settings” drop down, select a quick setting that you have created (i.e. not the “SmugMug Default.”
                                5. Two icons will appear – a “trash” icon and a “checkmark” icon. The former deletes the quick setting from your account, and the latter applies the chosen quick setting to your gallery.

• 100 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  44 comments  ·  Site Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

See the update at the end.

To enable titles and captions or edit the various aspects of the gallery slideshow style, including speed, follow these steps:

1. Go to a gallery
                                  2. Click ‘Customize’ in the header and select ‘Customize Site’
                                  3. Click on the Gallery content block to edit any of the gallery styles, including the Slideshow style.

Note: You need to have a Power account or above.

Edit: We are going to make it so the slideshow launched from the button inherits the settings you change in the above manner. That change may take a while to work its way through our testing.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Buy feature on mobile devices

Its unimaginable that we have a system that does not allow buyers to buy on mobile devices.
                                  We are discriminating against buyer based on device
                                  there are approx 900,000,000 android users
                                  there are approx 500,000,000 apple iphone devices out there and we cannot sell to them
                                  Why? the add to cart function works on an Ipad yet not on an iphone
                                  Do Smug Mug actually want Pro's to get sales?
                                  I can see from my web analytics that a big chunk of my visits are on mobile devices yet i cannot sell to them?
                                  Come on Smug Mug get with…

50 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    4 comments  ·  General Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • ARRANGE PICTURES

ARRANGE PICTURES FOR THE TIME WAS TAKEN. WILL BE GOOD FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS. EASY TO ORGANIZE FILES

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • 205 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        33 comments  ·  Site Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Quick Settings can be deleted after they are selected in Gallery Settings. Thanks for the feedback.

We have some ideas for dramatically improving the feature to make it easier to create, manage, and apply them. Stay tuned!

• Add A Google Calendar Content Block

Like WuFoo, add a block to allow a Google Calendar to be embedded

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=239500

11 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Feature Image option to remove watermark

I love the new feature to allow us to use our favorite thumbnail image even on password protected galleries. I would love for the option to be able to use pictures in the gallery without it having a watermark. Currently if you choose a feature image from a gallery that you have watermarked, the feature image as well will have that same watermark. It would be great to have the feature to include or exclude watermarks on feature images from a gallery. The only way to get around it now is take my favorites and upload them to an unlisted…

4 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Site Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve implemented a feature that allows you to set the “Smallest Size” for a watermark. Anything smaller than this set size will not receiving the watermark. Setting it to something like medium, or large, can make the watermark not display on the thumbnail.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base