SmugMug

Welcome to SmugMug’s official Feature Request page. Got suggestions or feature requests? We want to hear from you!

If you’re looking for support or help, please email our Support Heroes at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new.

Before submitting a new idea please search through the existing ideas. If you find it, add your vote to let us know how badly you want the feature!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make disabling bread crumb links on top of galleries a standard customization feature and not have to do advanced customization. I would li

Allowing the user to easily turn of the bread crumb links will allow the user to share the link to the gallery without having to worry about the recipient being able to navigate easily to all of the other galleries in the site.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      Completed  ·  Andy WilliamsAndy Williams responded

We have this now – you can make your galleries “hide owner” which means there’s no navigation anywhere else. If you want to keep your branding, then you must use CSS in advanced customizing to hide the breadcrumb. We can help, http://help.smugmug.com if you have questions, thanks!

• Have a way for customers to select "picks" without purchasing

I often do "time for prints" shoots, where I put all my shots in a gallery, and then have the model pick a few favorites that I get printed for them. I'd like for there to be a way to do this without asking for the filename of each photo they like. Something similar to a cart that doesn't actually purchase anything, it just sends the choices to me.This could also be useful for clients to pick out photos that need more processing than can be done in the 7 days of "proof delay" that the site offers.

418 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        81 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • make it so that photos views from myself are NOT counted in my statistics.

I suggest that photos views from myself are NOT counted in my statistics. Today I set up my account and by tonight I had 26 views, but NO referrers, which would suggest that my views were all my own. This will skew my numbers and is not helpful to me at all.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          5 comments  ·  Stats & Tracking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          Completed  ·  Andy WilliamsAndy Williams responded

Your own views, logged in, won’t be counted :) Referrers show where others have linked your images, not viewed them. More questions, holler to our heroes, always standing by at http://help.smugmug.com thanks!

• improve the gallery cover image feature so the position of the image can be adjusted

I recently started using the gallery cover image option. While I like this feature, it is cumbersome to use - I have to place several images before I find one that is positioned correctly and doesn't remove heads or other key subject elements. It would be great if I could simply adjust the photo vertically to place it in the optimal position. That's all. Facebook has this flexibility on cover photos and so should SmugMug. Thank you.

44 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            8 comments  ·  Gallery Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now reposition the Gallery Cover Image. If we are able to detect a Point of Interest within the photo, we’ll automatically center it around that, otherwise you can manually move it up, down, left or right. Some photos will only be able to move up/down, and others only left/right depending on their aspect ratio.

• Ability to export price list / catalog

I'd like to see an option giving pro users the ability to export pricing models in a spreadsheet friendly format, such as csv. This would make it easier to create a printable pricing sheet for brochures, handouts, price lists, etc.

[Admin Note: Merging this with requests for PDF price lists]

780 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              129 comments  ·  Commerce/Selling Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Upload Folders and have Hierarchy Automatically Created

Drag and Drop Folders of Pics into a folder Would SAVE ME HOURS A DAY!

Right now trying to drop a folder into the uploader results in a "File type not supported" error. It should recognize the items inside the folder and begin uploading those, creating galleries based on those folders.

Ideally you could drop a folder into a SmugMug Folder and have it launch the uploader, like the new gallery drag/drop does.

Ability to upload an entire folder hierarchy of folders and photos/videos with preset settings for folders and galleries that would apply to entire hierarchy. Would save a…

89 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                15 comments  ·  Uploading  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news! Earlier this week we launched a folder uploading feature. From within the Organizer, you’ll have the option to upload folders from your desktop. We’ll automatically recreate the hierarchy as folders or galleries on SmugMug and upload the images inside.

• Organizer -- Visually differentiate between a "collected" photo and a real photo

In Organizer, when I look at the photos in a Gallery, I can't tell which ones are the "real" photos and which ones are "collected" photos. This would be very helpful and could be achieved by making the Collected photos slightly transparent or putting a different colour of border around them.

5 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  2 comments  ·  Organizing & Curation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news! There’s now a way in the SmugMug Organizer to identify collected or smart photos just looking at the thumbnail. Look for a little arrow icon that will tell you if it’s one of those types of photo.

• Galleries on IPAD APP do not update.

Galleries on IPAD APP do not update when you add new photos to a gallery after your first viewing with the IPAD. I like to keep a favorites folder for presentations with clients, and I update this gallery often. Currently the APP will not update after your first view and the only way to update is reinstall the app!

51 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    12 comments  ·  xxApps & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    Completed  ·  kellykelly responded

The SmugMug App will automatically stay synced with all of our galleries and folders.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us at feedback@smugmug.com.

• Include the option to remove watermarks on thumbnails and feature galleries

Watermarking of photos is essential, but not on thumbnails. With the nice new large thumbnail previews we get with new smugmug, the watermark tends to get in the way a bit.

I'd like an option to hide or remove the watermark on thumbnails and feature gallery thumbs.

19 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      5 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We added the ability on the new platform to choose the smallest display size a watermark will apply to. So, for example, you could make it so your watermarks only appear on Medium (600 × 450) sizes and above.

• SmugMug Photos on AppleTV

I would love to see SmugMug integrate photo streaming with Apple TV like Flickr and Mobile Me

823 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        153 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m pleased to announce that the SmugMug Apple TV app has been released and can be found in the Apple TV App Store. You may read more about it on our blog: https://news.smugmug.com/2016/11/09/you-asked-we-listened-the-smugmug-apple-tv-app-is-here/

The SmugMug Apple TV app is the most beautiful way to view photos on your TV.
                        • You can browse all your SmugMug folders and galleries right from the app. Now you can amaze people with your photos from your TV.
                        • View the latest featured SmugMug photographers right on your TV
                        • Follow other SmugMug customers. We make it easy to find friends, family, and people whose work you admire. Inspiration is everywhere you look with the SmugMug family of photographers.

• make a single photo on user's homepage be clickable to that photo in its gallery

When I put a single, still photo on my homepage, it isn't clickable to its respective gallery. One can click through from slideshows and thumbnails on the homepage to their places in galleries. It seems that this should be the same with single photos.

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Site Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Show captions in Collage Landscape gallery style

Collage Portrait shows captions underneath each photo. Why not do so in Collage Landscape too?

My captions are an important part of the story of the pictures. To show them only in certain viewing modes or gallery styles is unfortunate.

4 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Gallery Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • display file names below thumbnails in Organizer

I'd just like SmugMug to replicate Window's thumbnail view in Explorer: the file name displayed under each thumbnail. This will make it much easier when in Arrange or Delete mode, with only thumbnails showing.

3 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Organizing & Curation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Add iPhone covers to the merchandise that can be purchased.

Have you guys thought about putting iPhone covers in the merchandise section? I have received some requests for those and have been going to an outside vendor, but it would be nice to do it from this site with the pics already there.

26 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                5 comments  ·  Ordering/Products to Buy & Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Play video without opening a popup lightbox window

Currently when you click on a video it opens a lightbox popup window to play. I would like the video to play in the main window without leaving the gallery.

19 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  5 comments  ·  Video  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  Completed  ·  Anne BeanAnne Bean responded

I’m happy to say we rolled out this change recently. Thanks for the feedback!

-Anne

• Photo cards section needs serious improvement!

I'm new to smugmug. I just checked out the photo-card options and I'm very disappointed to say the least! Very few options compared to other services (e.g. Snapfish) and an extremely cumbersome interface. Am I missing something here?

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Ordering/Products to Buy & Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Collage Landscape Gallery Style-- Add the ability to change the photo size

You can change the site-wide default gallery view, but you can't change the size of the pictures with the collage styles. Some of my images end up being way to small and the gallery doesn't fill the page.

113 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      18 comments  ·  Gallery Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry to be so delayed updating the status of this, since this feature has been available for several years now, but you can change the size of Collage style Gallery photos in the Customizer, by going to “Customize” and then “Content and Design” and clicking on “All Galleries” or “Just this Gallery”, then clicking on the Gallery and setting the size inside the Collage settings.

• Offer mounting, texture, and protective spray to prints

Before coming to SmugMug, all of my prints 8x10 or larger were only offered mounted, textured, and sprayed. It was a really nice touch that was VERY well received by my clients. Please, please, please!!!

180 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        47 comments  ·  Ordering/Products to Buy & Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • 616 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          Completed  ·  62 comments  ·  Ordering/Products to Buy & Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Variable Slideshow speed on Apple TV App

Make it possible to adjust the speed of the slideshow on Smugmug's Apple TV App. It currently zooms through the gallery at high speed.

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  SmugMug Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base