SmugMug

Welcome to SmugMug’s official feedback forum. Got suggestions or feature requests? We want to hear from you!

If you’re looking for support or help, please email our Support Heroes at http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal .

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Automatically e-mail the invoice or receipt after annual dues have been charged. Or make it available to see online.

I need copies of receipts for all my expenses and having to e-mail you guys to get a receipt for the annual fee for my gallery seems very unnecessary. Would really like to get a copy e-mailed to me immediately after the charge or at least make it available to view and print online.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Allow Users to Download Receipts

I would like the ability to download a receipt when I am automatically billed for my annual subscription. Currently, I have to request a receipt via email each year.

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Printable Subscription Receipts

For taxes, reimbursement or simple bookkeeping please allow customer accessible, printable receipts.

24 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Client Proofing Options

I would like to see a way for my clients to go through a gallery and narrow down there choices, with a "like" or "star" selection, and then be able to sort by that selection.

Also a option to compare images side by side.

At least a way for your clients to tag a photo so you know which ones to prepare for printing.

If there is an easier way for your clients to let you know there picks other than telling you the file name, then would someone enlighten me, because I can't find anything in the help files.

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            3 comments  ·  Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Include the option to remove watermarks on thumbnails and feature galleries

Watermarking of photos is essential, but not on thumbnails. With the nice new large thumbnail previews we get with new smugmug, the watermark tends to get in the way a bit.

I'd like an option to hide or remove the watermark on thumbnails and feature gallery thumbs.

19 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              3 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We added the ability on the new platform to choose the smallest display size a watermark will apply to. So, for example, you could make it so your watermarks only appear on Medium (600 × 450) sizes and above.

• mass editing of keywords - keyword picking list - renaming/combining keywords

It would be nice to be able to edit keywords in mass, without going to each photo to remove/edit them.

Maybe a feature like what is available in Lightroom would be nice. Be able to just rename/combine a keyword(s). Or event mass delete a keyword from all the images.

For example, if a bunch of photos has the keyword "weding" (yes misspelled). It would be nice to rename that keyword to "wedding" and have it merge with other photos having the same "wedding" keyword.

Or for example, if a bunch of photos has the keyword "7021" and you want to…

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                3 comments  ·  Site Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting SmugMug.

You can edit keywords and description on more than one image at a time.

Please open one of your galleries – > click TOOLS – > in the MANY PHOTOS section please click CAPTION/KEYWORD.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Take care,

Tom
                SmugMug Support Hero

• 100 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  42 comments  ·  Site Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

See the update at the end.

To enable titles and captions or edit the various aspects of the gallery slideshow style, including speed, follow these steps:

1. Go to a gallery
                  2. Click ‘Customize’ in the header and select ‘Customize Site’
                  3. Click on the Gallery content block to edit any of the gallery styles, including the Slideshow style.

Note: You need to have a Power account or above.

Edit: We are going to make it so the slideshow launched from the button inherits the settings you change in the above manner. That change may take a while to work its way through our testing.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Want ability to copy photos to actual Facebook albums, so we can tag friends, etc.

I would like not only to be able to share our Smug Photos in our Facebook feed, but I'd like to be able to have the option to add them to our Facebook galleries so that we may tag people in them. I emailed Christina earlier, she has the name of the photo sharing site that does this. Ask her about it and look into it if you would. Thanks!

659 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    54 comments  ·  Social  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • so that you can edit more than one image at a time.

Please return "TITLE" and "CAPTION back the way it was, so that you can edit more than one image at a time. Editing one image at a time is TIME CONSUMING and not an improvement.

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Organizer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Reinstate ability to crop thumbnails

Until today, I had been able to crop the thumbnail. Now when I click the Wrench it offers a Crop option, which only crops the entire image, not just the thumbnail. Many of my images are 3:2 ratio but I like the square thumbnail. With an off-center subject in the 3:2 image, it shows poorly in a square thumbnail unless I can crop it. Please allow me to individually crop each thumbnail the way I used to.

4 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Please bring back the thumbnail crop functionality

I am not sure why the thumbnail crop is completely removed. It is difficult to display images in a professional manner unless you shoot in square like for instagram. We need a way to fix when the thumbnail shows a person with their head cut off etc.

14 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • PLEASE allow batch caption-editing under organize. Having to Save each caption separately is multiplying my work!!!!

Now that you've done another fix, I can no longer add captions to a group of photos and upload with ONE SAVE. Instead, I have to highlight, caption and save each photo separately. You've increased my work by miles!

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • make it so that photos views from myself are NOT counted in my statistics.

I suggest that photos views from myself are NOT counted in my statistics. Today I set up my account and by tonight I had 26 views, but NO referrers, which would suggest that my views were all my own. This will skew my numbers and is not helpful to me at all.

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              3 comments  ·  Stats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              completed  ·  Andy WilliamsAndy Williams responded

Your own views, logged in, won’t be counted :) Referrers show where others have linked your images, not viewed them. More questions, holler to our heroes, always standing by at http://help.smugmug.com thanks!

• Give us the ability to customize our right-click message

In Legacy Smugmug we had the ability to customize our right-click message. This is no longer an option in the New Smugmug, but it should be, especially for the pros who use you guys for their business. Customized right-click messages add professionalism to a site.

20 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  Site Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Any chance of getting a "random" setting for slideshows selecting a specific gallery in the new format?

Any chance of getting a "random" setting for the
                                Slideshow block - when a specific gallery is selected or when images are selected by keyword...using the new format, of course?

The options were available in the legacy version.

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Apologies for the delay in updating this. You are able to create slideshows and have the images randomized.

1. Go to Customize Site
                                  2. Add a “Slideshow” content block to a desired place on your site.
                                  3. Go to the “Playback” tab in the content block’s settings.
                                  4. Toggle on “Randomize Images”

Note: you can also enable a slideshow as the background of a page, and this can also be randomized. Go to the Customizer, then “Background” tab, then select type as “Slideshow.”

• 4 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Site Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Apologies for the delay in updating this. You are able to create slideshows and have the images randomized.

1. Go to Customize Site

Note: you can also enable a slideshow as the background of a page, and this can also be randomized. Go to the Customizer, then “Background” tab, then select type as “Slideshow.”

• Slideshow - Random Option Needed

Need to provide the random selection of photos for the slideshows. Only sequential now - not good! Seems you have removed features with this new version - not a good idea!

10 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1. Go to Customize Site

• Bring back random playback for slideshow

The new SmugMug appears to have taken away the ability to have a slideshow display photos in random order. Could you please bring that feature back? It was handy for showing off photos of a portfolio.

123 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        26 comments  ·  Site Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1. Go to Customize Site

• Let us delete quick settings.

Let us delete quick settings. I have several that I no longer need and want them off there.

43 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Apologies for not updating this feature request sooner. The ability to delete quick settings was added a few months back.

To remove an existing quick setting, follow these steps:

1. Go to a gallery
                                          2. Click ‘Customize’ in the header and select ‘Gallery Settings’
                                          3. Go to the “Quick Settings” tab
                                          4. In the “Quick Settings” drop down, select a quick setting that you have created (i.e. not the “SmugMug Default.”
                                          5. Two icons will appear – a “trash” icon and a “checkmark” icon. The former deletes the quick setting from your account, and the latter applies the chosen quick setting to your gallery.

• Collect Photos - Need to Select Multiple Photos to Collect

The old version allowed the user to select multiple photos to collect in another folder. Now, the user is only able to collect one photo at a time. Removing features when trying to improve the UI adversely affects the user experience. Give us our functionality back!

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=238250

157 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            28 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the late update, but we did solve this in Organizer on the new SmugMug. You can select one or more photos in a gallery, drag them to a gallery on the tree on the left, and choose ‘Collect’. It’s the same process for moving multiple photos.

Thanks for the feedback!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base