I suggest you ...

offer a view to potential buyers of how this picture would look in a particular room or setting, such as conference room, family room, etc

Check out artstorefronts.com. This would be a wonderful feature to add for our smugmug buyers. To visably see how one of our pictures would look in a particular room or setting. They actually offer "wall colors" to see how a picture would look in their room. I know there are places that I order my prints from that allow me to choose various frames, matting, wall color change and then display the final "look". It gives the buyer a complete overview.

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Terri KellerTerri Keller shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah - I bought a picture from a gallery last year. Had seen the picture in person but living miles away could not visualise it when I came to buy online. Website has a really nice feature where you could choose product and view it in a gallery or room with the exact choice of mount etc showing what it looks like. Could change background colours also. Very neat!

This would be a fabulous feature and it would boost sales by easing the customers doubt and look and size. If they are questioning the choice, they might stall in hitting the commit button. The optimal viewing option will help them choose to buy quicker.

Shell Ette Photography

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know why this hasn't been done. It is a big miss on Smug Mug's part.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Smug Mug…time to get in the game! Art Storefronts is beating you to the punch! Having a virtual room where images are displayed above a couch, in an office, or many other room-type settings is a MUST and will increase my sales and yours. Please advise.

The idea is to add a feature where the client can see at the same time he is viewing a photo, a photo of a living room where he can see the photo placed. And every time he views another photo he can see it how it woould look like.
        This will definitely boost up sales.
        Cheers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base