I suggest you ...

SmugMug Photos on AppleTV

I would love to see SmugMug integrate photo streaming with Apple TV like Flickr and Mobile Me

794 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    CliffCliff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Ps7Ps7 shared a merged idea: Apple TV support  ·   · 
    TylerTyler shared a merged idea: I wish there was an Apple TV app for smugmug so I can watch my brother's video on my big screen.  ·   · 
    DeborahDeborah shared a merged idea: SmugMug app AppleTV  ·   · 
    DanDan shared a merged idea: Add airplay capability to iPad Smugmug app. Stream Smugmug photos to Apple TV  ·   · 
    Soren MaigaardSoren Maigaard shared a merged idea: Add AirPlay to iPad app  ·   · 

As we look into building a SmugMug AppleTV app we’d like to get some feedback that I couldn’t find in the comments. Are you all looking for the ability to view just your photos on the TV? Are you looking to view other peoples photos? Are you looking to have clients, customers, family, etc (other people) view your photos on their TV? Some combination? Feel free to leave comments and let us know so we can build an app that solves your needs!

140 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Asmund MaelandAsmund Maeland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adobe just added a Ligthroom app. Basically we need the same functionallity - at least as a start. Since you have and IOS app - it cant be to much work to port it to Apple tv.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ideally the Apple TV account should be able to login and view as an individual SmugMug user.

The Roku SmugMug client is a good reference point. At my kids school we use it to see the school photos. Ideally it should be view only so that when it is in kiosk mode you don't have to worry about people breaking into your account.

• ErikErik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would mostly just like to view my own photos on the apple tv, so when I get family visitors we can all enjoy the slideshow on the big screen

I added my vote on this SmugMug App for AppleTV long ago. How about a progress report. Where are you on this? Is it even being done? Are you waiting for Apple's developer conference in a week to see what changes in tvOS?

In any case, some news from you would be most welcome.

• AJAJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1) Look at my own photos
        2) Share access with family/friends
        3) Search for other user pictures
        Thanks!

• Ps7Ps7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Latest Apple TV support , actually I joined and to be renew soon.
        4K video support please

Agree with the general sentiment that viewing our own photos is priority number one. What I hope is implied is that seeing our own videos as well is high priority, although I hope that this is implied.

From there, I would absolutely love to view photos that have been shared with me and the ability to have my family/clients view shared photos.

I also agree the ability to view photos as a screensaver would be great, though please release the app and then add the screensaver feature.

Thank you!!

• EmilyEmily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just looking to view my photos and have them on slideshow mode for friends and family to sit and view on the TV or just have rotating in the backdrop of a family event. It would be nice to have the option to cycle through all galleries, or specific ones etc.

And it would be a great advertisement for your service I'm sure...

• Michael HeathmanMichael Heathman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Want to show my photos, and my fellow friend photographer photos, as well as view a selection of public favorites. Mostly for my entertainment, but I am paying for the Pro account and occasionally have "jobs" that I'd like to display. This is one issue which has stalled my Smugmug use and kept me more on Flickr. Ah, and of course this must extend to video as I'm increasingly doing time-lapse and starting drone shots. Flickr and Vimeo are so convenient. Thanks.

• Brad PriceBrad Price commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

COMMENT: I'm looking for the ability to view JUST MY PHOTOS on Apple TV. Agree it would be a nice bonus, however, if other people could use an AppleTV app to view my galleries (either public, password-protected, or unique-URL) if possible.

As stated before, first is own images but other's images would be a good second.

I can view my Vimeo videos and those of others.

Seems to be taking for ever to get this feature off the ground when so many other media outlets have been on Apple TV since the beginning.

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, run like slideshow would be very nice. Also if there could be a random viewing why - so the tv could look like a picture frame on the wall and change the image every so often like 10 min. and that way the TV was not just a TV but a large image frame viewer.

• Dave PriceDave Price commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Aaron -- My priorities:

First priority -- View my own photos

Second priority -- Ability for others to view my galleries on their own Apple TV (according to the access I have specified)

Thanks for asking,

Dave P.

• Nick DiToroNick DiToro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for getting back to us with this. I concur with Adam's list of priorities:

1) view own photos
        2) clients view photos
        3) view others' photos

Thanks,
        Nick

Awesome to see you do this! My primary interest is in being able to show my photos as a screen save, WHILE PANDORA IS PLAYING MUSIC. I used to be able to show Flickr photos as a screen saver, but Apple removed this option in the new Apple TV. I would love to be able to show SmugMug photos on my TV when hosting guests, but it is critical that I be able to play music at the same time - otherwise I won't be able to show the photos (gotta have music...)

• Fred ImhofFred Imhof commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes as long as it is private and password protected. Have an app display SAME pictures/videos on iPhone and iPad, so only one album to setup.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base