I suggest you ...

SmugMug Photos on AppleTV

I would love to see SmugMug integrate photo streaming with Apple TV like Flickr and Mobile Me

823 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    CliffCliff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Ps7Ps7 shared a merged idea: Apple TV support  ·   · 
    TylerTyler shared a merged idea: I wish there was an Apple TV app for smugmug so I can watch my brother's video on my big screen.  ·   · 
    DeborahDeborah shared a merged idea: SmugMug app AppleTV  ·   · 
    DanDan shared a merged idea: Add airplay capability to iPad Smugmug app. Stream Smugmug photos to Apple TV  ·   · 
    Soren MaigaardSoren Maigaard shared a merged idea: Add AirPlay to iPad app  ·   · 
    Completed  ·  aaronAdminaaron (Director of Product Management, SmugMug) responded  · 

I’m pleased to announce that the SmugMug Apple TV app has been released and can be found in the Apple TV App Store. You may read more about it on our blog: https://news.smugmug.com/2016/11/09/you-asked-we-listened-the-smugmug-apple-tv-app-is-here/

The SmugMug Apple TV app is the most beautiful way to view photos on your TV.
    • You can browse all your SmugMug folders and galleries right from the app. Now you can amaze people with your photos from your TV.
    • View the latest featured SmugMug photographers right on your TV
    • Follow other SmugMug customers. We make it easy to find friends, family, and people whose work you admire. Inspiration is everywhere you look with the SmugMug family of photographers.

152 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joshua HankeJoshua Hanke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to shuffle the photos.
        Would like to play more than one gallery in a slideshow, not just one individual event from a main gallery.
        Transitions would be nice.

• poggiwarepoggiware commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we also have the option to use the standard web page format in the Apple TV? Some of my folders only work on the webpage format.

Thanks

• Jeff SmithJeff Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A great start would be to simply view my photos on ATV. Many
        of your competitors already have ATV apps. You guys have such
        a great iOS app that I'm surprised it is taking so long to get your
        app on ATV.

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This app is needed to much. I have several friends wanting this so much and they would totally be fine with a basic app at first just being able to view the Smugmug photos, the private ones from your own account.
        You can add features later but the basic viewer and some settings like sorting, slideshow etc would be great.

Thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ideally view my own photos and videos and also be able to give permission to others to view by gallery. Thanks

All of the above would be great but a start would be to have the ability to show my own galleries.

The appletv default method of showing photos orders the photos randomly. This is quite annoying and it's been a problem for years. The user has to resort to changing the modification and sometimes the creation date in the exif data to default it to the filename order and that still results in random orders. It would be awesome if SmugMug developed an app for the appletv like you have for the iphone and ipad.

Are you comming up with an App for Apple TV soon?

As your competitor such as SnapShots.com does?

Look forward to hear from you soon…

Would love to view our photos on Apple TV. Would be amazing to have a complete access to the website where we and our friends and family can view the photos as well.

• Michael KoetterMichael Koetter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a huge gap. I've been cross posting a bunch of stuff to Flickr just so I can view it on my appleTV. I'm a paid smugmug member - if there was a similar service that included appletv, I would switch to it.

• Asmund MaelandAsmund Maeland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adobe just added a Ligthroom app. Basically we need the same functionallity - at least as a start. Since you have and IOS app - it cant be to much work to port it to Apple tv.

Ideally the Apple TV account should be able to login and view as an individual SmugMug user.

The Roku SmugMug client is a good reference point. At my kids school we use it to see the school photos. Ideally it should be view only so that when it is in kiosk mode you don't have to worry about people breaking into your account.

• ErikErik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would mostly just like to view my own photos on the apple tv, so when I get family visitors we can all enjoy the slideshow on the big screen

I added my vote on this SmugMug App for AppleTV long ago. How about a progress report. Where are you on this? Is it even being done? Are you waiting for Apple's developer conference in a week to see what changes in tvOS?

In any case, some news from you would be most welcome.

• AJAJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1) Look at my own photos
        2) Share access with family/friends
        3) Search for other user pictures
        Thanks!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base