I suggest you ...

SmugMug Photos on AppleTV

I would love to see SmugMug integrate photo streaming with Apple TV like Flickr and Mobile Me

509 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    CliffCliff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    DanDan shared a merged idea: Add airplay capability to iPad Smugmug app. Stream Smugmug photos to Apple TV  ·   · 
    Soren MaigaardSoren Maigaard shared a merged idea: Add AirPlay to iPad app  ·   · 

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NorthyNorthy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They need to do it or I'll be moving my photo mgt elsewhere. Simple as that.

• jplumeyjplumey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have you approached Apple about an official offering? They are adding new content partners all of the time.

• Daryl McMullenDaryl McMullen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SmugMug Guru's. I would take most of these comments/recommendations and take them up a notch. I feel like 3rd part Apps are fine - but rarely have the polish they could have if you put the time and energy into them yourself. Please create mobile AND tablet versions of a SmugMug App for photos and video. Once these are done simply add the few lines of code to make them ChromeCast compliant. Next, please make an official Roku App. An AppleTV App would be awesome too - however, if the native App for mobile and tablet are working well then we can always AirPlay. And while you're at it - you might check into Xbox360/XboxOne/PS4 Apps! Absolutely LOVE your platform - just keep moving forward!

• Teresa DoreyTeresa Dorey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add chromecast ability as soon as Google opens it up to everyone, which should be very soon.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is probably an Apple limitation than a SmugMug one. Roku lets anyone create a channel so you see 3rd party SmugMug channel on there. Apple TV only lets Apple approved channels so I doubt you'll see anything until they open it up like they've done with the Apple Apps and Mac Apps stores.

• Patrick MairPatrick Mair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just add Airplay and slideshow functionality to the app for iPhone/iPad and that is enough. And totally under the control of SmugMug (aside from Apple's blessing to have the app in the AppStore). Getting a SmugMug app on the AppleTV list of apps may be a bridge to far but this would work immediately.

• Kathleen Prati Kathleen Prati commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's absolutely ridiculous that my SmugMug images cannot be viewed on my AppleTV interface. PLEASE SMUGMUG, make it so! It's a total drag to have to reload my Smugmug photos to iPhoto!

• TomTom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add apple tv support - they have flikr available but no smuggy.

• Greg KnollmeyerGreg Knollmeyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that an Apple TV app for SmugMug is needed and the best idea. At the moment SmugView app works well for me w/ airplay.

• GuyGuy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I definitely would like to see this capability. Even checked if there is a simple sync between SM and Flckr (couldn't find one).

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

me too. i know it's an Apple thing. maybe I can do a workaround...

• DougieDougie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too please, so annoying to see the Flickr logo but no SM access via my Apple TV.

• MacMyDayMacMyDay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add Apple TV integration to/with SmugMug as is done with Flickr, YouTube, Vimeo et. al.

please add this feature so can add album to apple tv screensaver!

Smug is with the times elsewhere.... why not here?? Let's get this small viewer feature added to smug ipad app or even Smug Viewer???

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK - What can we do to make this happen? Do we need to push SM or Apple or both?

SmugMug - please comment on this thread.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base