I suggest you ...

A Bulk Gallery Download button for my Visitors

[Admin update Jan 8, 2015: Merged multiple ideas. Including their text here]

We are run a underwear company and have several large fashion shoots each year. We shoot and retouch anywhere between 50-100 per shoot. Our clients do not want to click download 100 times. The inability to download entire gallery may be a deal breaker. As the owner of account I can download entire gallery. This should be an easy funtion to add to site?

---------

My *fantasy Bulk Download *looks like a button that shows up on every page of my private gallery where I have enabled the Bulk Download Feature on. The button says something like "download all photos in this gallery". And if they click it they get a message somehow that says something like: "great! i'm on it, it'll take a while and i'll send you a link when it's ready"

---------

I share quite a bit with family and friends, and it can get frustrating when someone puts up pictures you'd like to save to your computer or add to one of your albums (perhaps from the same event).

I propose one of two options: either a user-specific sharing system that allows specified SmugMug users to have full-download access to another user's gallery, or a simple on-off switch (in gallery settings) for full-download functionality.

As an example, a few of us go on vacation. We all have different cameras and upload pictures to our respective SmugMug pages. I would like my family/friends to see ALL the pictures from my trip regardless of who took them, but to download each photo one at a time from three other galleries gets quite tedious.

Similarly, I may want to put together an album (a real one, not digital) of all the photos from our trip. Again, bulk downloads would be great in this case.

-----

Recently I was sent a link to download all photos from a friends gallery online(using another service). It was great a straight forward as he sent me a link and a password and I downloaded all my images into a folder of choice. I really would appreciate something like this as well over the current download all method. where I must wait and forward a bunch of random links to my clients and the album names are randomly numbered

------

I provide visitors with password-protected access to galleries and allow them to download original size photos. This is time consuming to do one at a time. Others have requested a "download entire gallery" function for visitors, but I'd like to suggest a "Mark" feature which would be useful in several ways. Users would "Mark" photos as they are browsing, and then be able to take action on the Marked photos, such as Download All Marked, or Buy (if enabled) or Get Prints, etc.

----

Allow bulk download for visitors with owner specified max-allowed size and possibly custom renaming or keep the original naming.

1,252 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Trish TunneyTrish Tunney shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Ability for client to download entire gallery?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: DOWNLOAD ALL high res files button. Option for clients only or multiple downloads.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Make it possible to download multiple selected pictures at one time (not just single picture or whole gallery).  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Let us download a Print Marked gallery!  ·   · 
    Karen AlexanderKaren Alexander shared a merged idea: Let users select multiple photos for download!  ·   · 
    SteveSteve shared a merged idea: Something in between "all or one" downloads  ·   · 
    Trevor GardinerTrevor Gardiner shared a merged idea: Enable selctive downloads from a Gallery  ·   · 
    NevNev shared a merged idea: client side full gallery download  ·   · 
    Emily MagersEmily Magers shared a merged idea: allow for easier downloading  ·   · 
    Lorne LevittLorne Levitt shared a merged idea: "download Gallery"  ·   · 
    Andy LiAndy Li shared a merged idea: Single click for entire download for clients who are viewing their gallery.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Allow bulk download for visitors with owner specified max-allowed size and possibly custom renaming or keep the original naming.  ·   · 
    BrianBrian shared a merged idea: Have an option for Client to download ALL images in a galley instead of one by one,once a client has purchased all rights, this would ideal.  ·   · 
    Dieter KurtzDieter Kurtz shared a merged idea: Allow Download of All photos  ·   · 
    NigelNigel shared a merged idea: Ability of gallery viewers to download all images in one click  ·   · 
    Bruce MacdougallBruce Macdougall shared a merged idea: Need for better and consistent download tools (& Better File Management).  ·   · 
    Sten HartmanSten Hartman shared a merged idea: A better way to allow a client to download all pictures in a gallery  ·   · 
    Tonya SimpsonTonya Simpson shared a merged idea: more downloading  ·   · 
    RayRay shared a merged idea: allow multiple photo downloads  ·   · 
    Brandon MartinezBrandon Martinez shared a merged idea: "Download All" link for private galleries  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Allow "download all photos" option for any viewer I've shared the gallery with.  ·   · 
    MikeMike shared a merged idea: Make it easier to give hi-res downloads to clients! No more 7 zipped files in separate emails!  ·   · 
    Ed TEd T shared a merged idea: Include a 'download whole gallery' option for customers.  ·   · 
    mikemike shared a merged idea: set it up so clients could DL entire galleries  ·   · 
    Brad PriceBrad Price shared a merged idea: Allow visitors to Mark photos for bulk download, printing or buying.  ·   · 
    Marian MüllerMarian Müller shared a merged idea: Create a download area for friends  ·   · 
    Paul GibsonPaul Gibson shared a merged idea: Visitors download more than one image at a time  ·   · 
    EltonElton shared a merged idea: Allow visitors to have the option to download entire album!  ·   · 
    TomTom shared a merged idea: Add a batch download link directly to the gallery for clients, not just photographers  ·   · 
    F.c. WongF.c. Wong shared a merged idea: Bulk image downloads for my Clients direct from galleries  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Provide setting to allow free download of image galleries  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Allow full gallery download to specific users (or simple on/off functionality)  ·   · 
    SummerstaySummerstay shared a merged idea: Allow guests/clients to download entire gallery at once, in a simple manner.  ·   · 
    pureexposurepureexposure shared a merged idea: Put a make downloads free button  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Allow visitors to download multiple photos or all the photos in a gallery  ·   · 
    Mark AlisonMark Alison shared a merged idea: Add a "Download All Images" feature for my clients  ·   · 
    roakleycaroakleyca shared a merged idea: create a way for guests/clients to download an entire gallery --- easily.  ·   · 

184 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John AspdenJohn Aspden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll add my voice to the cacophony - please add "download all" and "download selected" options for gallery viewers and not just for the gallery owner. I'm surprised that it's been on the "wanted" list for so long and you normally willing and helpful folks have not implemented it.

• AmitAmit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lovely Smugmug Heros this is a no-brainer. This implementation would make life so much easier for promotional photographers. Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really?? No "Download All" Button!! it is 2015!!

If Smugmug doesn't make it available, I will have to switch to a different company. It is a MUST HAVE feature. Even those free platform has it. I am new to smugmug, but only stay as a loyal customer if this most basic function is on there.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've only started using smugmug today. I've spent about 6 hours so far. I was trying to work out the download all option so I can share with my family and it doesn't even exist!
        For me this is a deal breaker. I feel like I have wasted a lot of time. Other than that Smugmug is great. Surely it's not that hard to fix?

• Michael SeirerMichael Seirer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just spent my 3 votes for this one - REALLY NEEDED! look at pixiesite and how they have implemented this feature - quite neat I would say

• aaronAdminaaron (Product Manager / DGrin Admin, SmugMug) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've gone through and merged several duplicate ideas into this one. We'll try to do a better job of getting merging these duplicate ideas going forward.

We do see the large # of requests for this feature and take it into account when we're planning / executing future products. We are listening!

• MeMe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely! This request is already in this forum multiple places though. I hope SM implements it someday. It's been requested for years.

Definitely. I totally agree. This has been requested multiple times in multiple suggestions on this forum. I really hope Smugmug listens and implements this someday.

I'd love this feature ... but there are other similar requests in the forum. I'm guessing people are voting elsewhere in the forum.

I could really use this also. I share pictures with family, friends, and my kids soccer teams, etc. From the gallery, they should be able to select the pictures they want, and download them all at once instead of having to do it one at a time. Please, please, please add this.

• John BertramJohn Bertram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the very least, please tell us WHY you have decided not to implement such fundamental features as Download All & Download Selected buttons (or the Blog functionality requested for so long). Is there some great technical hurdle, or a contrary design philosophy, standing in the way? It can't possibly be "we're really busy, but we ARE working on it", because if THAT were the case, features as basic as these would still have been introduced long ago. So please, let's not talk about a magic number of "votes" -- just tell us the reason you have chosen to not implement this kind of functionality, so your customers can make an informed choice as to whether that reasoning makes sense for their needs.

• Matt AkersMatt Akers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely want this feature too! If you can download one, downloading all especially at the 2nd package level is fine.

• CarsonCarson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Had no problem downloading one of my smugmug galleries and saved it as a zip file but it does not allow me to view icons as images. I have to click on each file to open image. Especially since I made no changes to the pictures after upload I want to view the download the same as I uploaded them as images. Is there a way around this?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base