I suggest you ...

Improve maintainability of site-wide "Gallery Settings"

I envision a method whereby the site owner can quickly scan the gallery settings of all the site's galleries at once. This will help to quickly identify various kinds of errors, for example, a gallery with a deprecated Quick Setting. I then envision a capability to change the settings of multiple galleries at once, for example, changing a single “gallery setting” value or applying a Quick Setting to multiple galleries simultaneously.

I would expect the "scanning" capability not to be hampered by a user interface requiring the presentation of the "gallery settings" on dozens or hundreds of pages on a computer monitor; rather, a download in spreadsheet format which the user can manipulate may be a better alternative. And I would expect the "setting" capability to allow effortless compilation of the list of galleries to be reconfigured and the settings to be applied.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    George shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Janice Browne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see the value of this request, and don't understand the "Not at this time" decision. I believe the first part of this request is for a SINGLE view listing ALL settings for ALL galleries. This is very different from the Organizer functions. For the type of review George wants to be able to do, I've found the Sherlock Chrome extension useful for exporting a SINGLE list of ALL of my galleries; but it does NOT include ALL of the settings.
        http://origin.sherlockphotography.org/Customisations/SmugMug-for-Chrome

Feedback and Knowledge Base