I suggest you ...

Add email notification when photos and/or an entire gallery have been downloaded

I have clients that download an entire gallery after I have given them a password. I would like to be notified by email when they download the gallery so I can delete what was downloaded or change the password.

137 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    John GoffJohn Goff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add my 2 cents. I would love to be able to send or receive an email when a gallery has been completed. Example: Photograph Portrait, when creating gallery add customer's email address and after upload customer receive's the email.

This function is totally essential if you want to keep professional users. I love SmugMug but can't see myself here in a year if I can't receive download confirmations and download statistics. I can't imagine it would even be that difficult to program. It could even be an add on to your existing service.

• Georgina EdwardsGeorgina Edwards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! Knowing when an image or gallery has been downloaded (whether password protected or not) would be SOOOO useful!

This would be great if they would also allow email notifications when a gallery has been uploaded to!

• Hollie BrooksHollie Brooks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really helpful! We're using SmugMug so that press can download our high res product images for use in magazine features, but currently I have no way of knowing what they've downloaded, so I can monitor articles and ensure adequate stock levels for upcoming features etc.

• ShannonShannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please!! This was a very convenient tool that I had with a previous gallery host. In my opinion, it is the only downside to using SmugMug.

• Freddie Lee ThompsonFreddie Lee Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes!!! I'm forever asking if my client has finished with their gallery. A conformation of download would save me so much time. Please make this happen.

NEED EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS WHEN SOMETHING HAS BEEN UPLOADED OR CHANGED WITHIN A FOLDER/GALLERY!

• CarinaCarina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to get CC'd or a notification when someone downloads images or their gallery. That way I will know for sure they have received their files and if they tell me months or years from now they never received it I can simply pull up my CC'd email confirmation.

It would be great to have proof of file delivery as well as information on which files they downloaded and what date.

• Lindsay GoudreauLindsay Goudreau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would LOVE this!

I would LOVE to suggest offering to let us photographer's know when photos have been downloaded. Prior to you offering downloads, I had used PASS and Pixiset for downloads... and when the client does download the photos, an email is sent letting us know that the photos have been delivered. I'd like to know so I can provide my clients with better service. Especially if they are having troubles. I love when I get an email notifying me of failed password attempts because I know they can't remember their password and immediately contact them. My clients love it. If they do not download, I know they need help. I'd love if smugmug would make this feature available. PRETTY PLEASE!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base