I suggest you ...

Slideshow music

Will SmugMug please look into adding music to the slideshow?

SmugMug Support Hero,

Will SmugMug please look into adding music to the slideshow? My other website www.RichardDalcinStudios.com has music and it helps so much with the images. Please respond with a positive reply.
Best,
Richard Dalcin

154 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Richard DalcinRichard Dalcin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also a Phanfare refugee and I dearly miss the music slidewhows. I found an article about how to make videos with the Animato-Smugmug integration but it's definitely no rplacement for simply being able to set a background music track for a sideshow (I don't have time to fiddle with making movies :)

A slideshow combined with music create a magical experience IMO (as strong as creating a cerefully edited movie but in a fraction of the time).
        Thanks!

• Caleb S.Caleb S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The music adds so much please bring this option to smugmug. Slightly off topic but if we could also have the option to add some movement to the images like we had in phanfare that would be awesome!

Please add musc to the slideshow. It is the principal and ONLY reason I am not staying with you. I have photos from 52 countires of travel ( about 12,000) that I will soon upload to slideshows for my family to see. Now imhave to find another website.

I was a long time member with Phanfare. I truly enjoy the SmugMug site more especially being able to contact the Heroes with responses almost immediately. The only draw back is not being able to make slideshows and upload music for these shows. Please take this up the ladder as truly feel if this was added Y'all's site would be at the top of the food chain...

• Paul HerholzPaul Herholz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ten years using Phanfare slideshow music. So important. It's like watching a modern movie and a silent movie. Miss it. Don't make slideshows on SmugMug. What's the joint? SmugMug..Why don't you do this? Maybe you can buy the software from Phanfare.

I have hundreds of slideshows over 10 years on Phanfare, they allow my own purchased music, it makes the slideshow way more enjoyable to the viewer, no music is so bland, bad, very bad

• Laurie BLaurie B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am dying. The simplicity of Phanfare was priceless. I have spent a fortune trying to duplicate it. If anybody has found a satisfactory substitute, please share your info. Everything else is sooo lame. Smugmug suggested Animoto. HORRIBLE!! WITH A CAPITAL H! Blurry, busy, bull**T.

• Pam MoorePam Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was a phanfare customer for ten years. I felt devastated when I found out that they were closing their website down. All the time I've spent making slideshows for my family is gone. My music collection is gone. I made memorial shows for family or friends who lost love ones. All the links that no longer exist or can't be seen again by me or those I made them for. I made slideshows using my photos and clipart to go with the song to tell it like a story. Ten years worth! So yeah I'm disappointed. I appreciate that smugMug took on the challenge of moving all our media to their site, I am sure that it wasn't an easy task to take on. And I am glad that I still have time to decide what to do with the photos from those slideshows I made. But like everyone else says, without those features to play music of our choice and add videos with the slideshows your site is not going to be enough to keep me another year. It would have been nice if SmugMug could have bought phanfare's software then we wouldn't have lost so much. SmugMug I hope you figure out before it's too late.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very disappointed with the transfer from Phanfare to Smug Mug, I would have expected to have MORE features with a new provider to try and encourage me to stay... instead I have less.

Video slideshow with no music is not only far less engaging for my audience, it does not warrant the time I spend on creating the albums.

It is a very big business mistake on the part of Smug Mug to assume that because customers were transferred to your platform we will stay if the experience is lacking.

The cost of acquiring new customers is far higher than keeping current customers happy. Listen to your consumers or it will cost you in the long run.

I am losing my patience ...

Customer service informed me of a $22/mo service I could use to add this. 0.0 Really?

I am struggling to find the added value to this site over dropbox.

I have used phanfare for many years to create and share slideshows with a large audience of friends, now numbering about 1,000. A big component of my slideshows is adding uploaded music which adds great impact and flavor. When will you add this capability to smugmug?
        This is a big deal for me.
        George L

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Songs/music added so much to my slideshows. Love most of the SmugMug features, but missing this so much from my Phanfare account. Please consider adding this music option, it's really missed my many.

Agree with others, how boring is a slideshow without music! Listen to your customers and please add this service.....

This is just horrible. What meaning and experience is lost!!! This alone will make me leave and look elsewhere, come on!!!!!

• Bryan LoganBryan Logan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a many year Phanfare client it is very disappointing to lose the ability to add my music to my slideshows. If you can't add this straightforward feature to SM by the time my present Phanfare subscription runs out I will have no option but to go elsewhere to get this important feature for my slideshows.

• David LundquistDavid Lundquist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll join this chorus and agree that if this doesn't happen by the time my transfer subscription runs our, then I'm outta here.

• LenLen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi. Love your stuff but miss the music. This is not hard to implement. I look forward to the day I can add music to my folders.

thanks

Len

• GlennGlenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's lots royalty free music available from YouTube. Not providing the ability to add music to a slideshow similar to Phanfare is pretty lame. I'm looking for phanfare alternatives that offer this feature.

As a Phanfare customer I mourned the loss of music in my over 50 slideshows I had to recreate. However, I embedded the music separately and the problem is solved.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base