I suggest you ...

SmugMug to display both Title and Caption Metadata

Lightroom uses both Title and Caption Metadata but SmugMug only displays the Caption. Lightroom users would really appreciate an upgrade to SmugMug so that it shows both Title and Caption.

30 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ChrisChris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Ed GaillardEd Gaillard shared a merged idea: description field for photos  ·   · 

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matthew MillerMatthew Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is marked as "completed", but it does not actually seem to be the case — when I imported some photos with just Titles set, I can't find those titles anywhere.

• John BantaJohn Banta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 vote for this feature. I was very surprised after uploading my initial photos that title was not displayed

• SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm surprised that this is not the most requested feature. As much as I LOVE SmugMug, the most fundamental aspect of posting pictures is making sure that titles are shown! What's the point of posting pictures if titles aren't shown? Any given photo-sharing site shows titles. Even Facebook posts titles! I don't understand why this was not always implemented.
        Definitely show titles in addition to captions! Please!!! (I have some really creative titles!)

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Long term Lightroom users may have thousands of photos with both Title and Caption metadata populated and it is impossible to go back and update all these. It would be fantastic if in SmugMug you could select either/all Title and Caption metadata for display.

Feedback and Knowledge Base