I suggest you ...

Get rid of the need to use Adobe Flash

Time to eliminate Adobe Flash eh? Especially given mid June warnings!

168 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jundt JoachimJundt Joachim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How many years I've been waiting to see this malware magnet disappearing from a PAID site. Do I really have to move my galleries to some other place? Or make an own one?

It's ancient, dangerous and not supported by millions of iOS devices. If you want to appear a little bit modern, dear SmugMug, get into action. I will never ever reinstall Flash

• Jao van de LagemaatJao van de Lagemaat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree. It is quite an anachronism to see the "holy batman" warning pop up on my smug mug statistics page while it is nowadays trivial to do beautiful graphs in HTML5.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get rid of Flash... it is a toxic security threat, does not work on IOS and shortly will not work on most browsers. Until then, please warn new users that the site they just put together will not be viable by many people they send it to.

Smugmug should not need this advice to from users. Your own technical director should have fixed this problem long ago.

• Robert OlesnevichRobert Olesnevich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so my stats stop working because chrome those not support flash anymore in 53. I find it very disappointed that a paid site is still using insecure obsolete flash. How about moving into the 20th century.

• stevesteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Smug should explain that full screen option requires flash which Apple does not support. But you don't explain that on your web site.

• mkpxmkpx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Flash is insecure and really obsolete... Firefox will remove support for NPAPI/flash-plugin sooner or later. This should become a high-priority request.

• RichardRichard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, you can see the stats without Flash, but there's no graph. What seems worse to me is that the buttons in the Get A Link panel in the new SM don't work on FF unless Flash is installed. I had uninstalled Flash a month ago and was doing just fine till I migrated my SM site.

Google and Apple are doing just fine without it. Why can't SmugMug?

Feedback and Knowledge Base