I suggest you ...

Save shopping carts on smugmug servers rather than in the user's browser

Currently shopping carts are saved on the user's browser. This means that a user can't login to a different computer and access their saved shopping cart. Further, there are issues with cookies and carts often get emptied arbitrarily. To avoid all this, the carts should just be saved on smugmug servers directly. Anytime someone logs in and starts a cart, these should be synced with the smugmug server. Then issues with cookies can be completely avoided, and users can update carts on any number of computers.

42 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    NikhilNikhil shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Christopher HarrChristopher Harr shared a merged idea: Save the contents of my shopping cart similar to the way it works at Amazon.com and not tie an order to a specific browser instance on a si  ·   · 

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JessicaJessica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I'm amazed this isn't already how it works. I would like to start an order on my work computer and then keep working on at it at home, just like every other site.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

allow clients the possibility to save the contents of their shopping cart so that they can come back to it if they are not finished....so that they don't loose their selections or any work they have done cropping to print, etc.

Please make this just like Amazon, where you can log in from any computer and see your shopping cart just as you left it off.

The fact that this is not made clear when I am working in my shopping cart, is infuriating. I've just spent 7 days working on a large order, choosing the exact number of photos I need - 450 of 980 - and editing them all. After days of work, it's all gone. If this standard photo site function can't be accomplished here, it should at least be noted as a warning in the shopping cart so you don't have people working in your site assuming their cart is being saved.

And the response I got was NOT, "I am very sorry for your lost work, we don't save your shopping cart (I've had to search to learn this) but we: will note an enhancement request for this, or point you to where you can vote for this fx. (and search for this) or add a helpful message to the cart, or let me give you some helpful info!!" Instead I got this, "I am very sorry you have had such trouble. We have no way to "backup" and find your shopping cart. As a test can you try using another browser to place the order?" REALLY, Heather?

• Christopher HarrChristopher Harr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Save the contents of my shopping cart similar to the way it works at Amazon.com and not tie an order to a specific browser instance on a single computer. I would like to be able to start an order on my work computer and save it so that I can pull it up at home later for my wife to review and add to before we finalize and place a single order.

Feedback and Knowledge Base