I suggest you ...

Search button in the mobile app

I would like to see some features in the mobile app. There is actually no way to search for tags/keywords/person etc. This is really annoying if you have thousands of photos which are all properly tagged. Even flickr and the synology ds photo app have this feature (and of course many more) in their app. I think its great that smugmug has an android app, but if this is version 3 and there is so little to do, maybe the apps should get some real love ;)

146 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnshelmoAnshelmo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Russ FeeRuss Fee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is getting more and more critical as I notice that iSmug (the only app I know of that allows the user to search their SmugMug account) doesn't appear to be updated for iOS 11. Unfortunately without that update, the app simply won't run in Apple's latest operating system on the iPhone/iPad. Perhaps an update is coming, but most app developers have done this by now.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely needed. I came to SmugMug from Flickr for certain features. Had I known that I and my publications are unable to search on our mobile devices, I would have never signed up for SmugMug. It is crucial in my line of work and unless this is added, I will be switching back to Flickr or another option.

• ElizabethElizabeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that a search feature is a must. After just migrating to Smugmug and importing thousands of pictures, it's crazy that there is no search capability in the Organizer. Should be a basic feature. I learned you can search outside of the organizer, but when you want to search to organize your collections, it is so time consuming to scroll through tons of galleries and folders.

• Sharon CotterSharon Cotter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need both the search capability and the ability to show the file name to confirm that I have found the right file. I typically share my photos with other photographers on my tablet since that is what I carry around, not my computer.

• WillettsWilletts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the concept and flow of Smugmug but you have lost me as a customer, as I can't have control of the app/mobile view and keyword search is only available on my desk top. Whats the point of putting in all that time when the device used to search the web the most doesn't function properly?

• Bill SummittBill Summitt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search capability in the app is crucial. I love the service, but have to be able to search by keyword.

• NateNate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that the app is basically unusable without this functionality. How are we supposed to search through tens of thousands of pictures without search functionality?

Cannot believe there is no search! Limits the functionality dramatically.
        Surely this is a badic requirement

• Ben EvansBen Evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The old version of the SmugMug mobile app had this much needed feature. The new version of the SmugMug mobile app does not. This is a feature that is missed and is much needed for a quick search for a particular gallery. I have over 300 galleries, so whenever I am with a customer, it takes me forever to find and locate a certain galleries. Please consider re-adding a search query field on the mobile app for Android like before. I thank you in advance.

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a search feature to the mobile app. Waiting for a large gallery to load is pain when you know exactly which image you'd like to see.

definitely need a search function in the iOS app (ipad and iphone)... PLEEEEESE!

+1 for Android. Android has a beautiful app (March 2014), and filter by keyword in specific galleries, but not searching keywords or filter by keyword for all photos. Imagine wanting to show off your kid, all you would need to type in is "kidsname" (assuming you've keyworded like this, like I am), and boom, there you go! How cool would THAT be? :) (love SmugMug, just become a paying member today)

• KellyKelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this — would very much like to have the keyword search available for iPad and iPhone.

• L-ReyL-Rey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is seriously needed. Why did SmugMug only make an iPad app capable of doing this? SmugMug, please design/code an iPhone app with the same capabilities as the iPad app. Show some iPhone love =]

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base