I suggest you ...

Search button in the mobile app

I would like to see some features in the mobile app. There is actually no way to search for tags/keywords/person etc. This is really annoying if you have thousands of photos which are all properly tagged. Even flickr and the synology ds photo app have this feature (and of course many more) in their app. I think its great that smugmug has an android app, but if this is version 3 and there is so little to do, maybe the apps should get some real love ;)

253 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anshelmo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

38 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kusi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

great, finally!! first impression of the search functionality is good :)

• poggiware commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to show the same gallery with photos under different folders. I know that I can create a new gallery and manually collect the photos into the new gallery. I am wondering if there is any plan to make this process easier by providing a way to create a smart rule for a folder to dynamically add galleries to the folder based on specific keywords. At the moment we only have smart rule in Gallery Settings.

A Smart rule at the Folder Level will facilitate to set-up dynamic galleries by just adding the pre-defined keyword at the time a gallery is created. As an example, I could setup two folders, one folder with Smart Folder keyword EVENT2018 and the other one with Smart Folder Keyword TRAVELFRANCE. Then at the gallery I would add the Keywords: EVENT2018 and TRAVELFRANCE to enable the same gallery to be shown on the two Folders.

Under the option Customize-> Content and Design I can create a context block Galleries to select Galleries to be shown on a folder, but there is no option to select
        Galleries via a Keyword.

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

keywords or titles search please - hopeless when im asked for a particular player out of 1000s of pics

• Adminaaron (Director of Product Management, SmugMug) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@mike: 2 months ago we announced that it was coming in the iOS app and that's still the case. As an iOS user myself, launching it on the Android app has made us even more eager to get this into the iOS app and our team is working as fast as possible to get it ready for launch. Stay tuned, just a bit longer!

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has been over two years since this post was declared partial and iOS was coming. What is the status?

• Stacey Greenawalt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have been using SmugMug for two years-- our guys in the field need a system that allows them to quickly pull up photos by keyword. I HAD NO IDEA they could not do that on their phones until today. We are actively searching for another photo service that allows for search from a mobile phone. It is too basic a functionality to be missing. I am embarrassed and appalled.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The mobile app is of little value without a search function. Hard to believe that something this basic has been left out for so long.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for the search functionality of the mobile app.

Sadly, I'm now searching google for a new photo management system with a better mobile app experience.

I really don't care about following other users or having anyone follow me. I just want to find the album I'm looking for quickly when showing pictures to clients.

O agree with Anshelmo. when SmuMug plan to upgrade the app to use Keywords. I use keywords very frequently on my homepage and it would be awesome cool if the app had the same feature..
        Today I spend to much time searching for picture when I want to present for customers.

• Amy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely insane. As if I'm going to scroll through 12 years of photos to find on freaking album?! HOW DO THEY NOT HAVE SEARCH?!

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Previous versions of the SmugMug Android app permitted searching. The current version does not seem to have a search feature. I am told by SmugMug support that there is no way to revert to the older version of the app. I simply want to search on folder name. The Android mobile app is a wonderful way to view and share photos, but without a search capability it is severely crippled. Providing search is urgent!

• Russ Fee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is getting more and more critical as I notice that iSmug (the only app I know of that allows the user to search their SmugMug account) doesn't appear to be updated for iOS 11. Unfortunately without that update, the app simply won't run in Apple's latest operating system on the iPhone/iPad. Perhaps an update is coming, but most app developers have done this by now.

This is absolutely needed. I came to SmugMug from Flickr for certain features. Had I known that I and my publications are unable to search on our mobile devices, I would have never signed up for SmugMug. It is crucial in my line of work and unless this is added, I will be switching back to Flickr or another option.

• Elizabeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that a search feature is a must. After just migrating to Smugmug and importing thousands of pictures, it's crazy that there is no search capability in the Organizer. Should be a basic feature. I learned you can search outside of the organizer, but when you want to search to organize your collections, it is so time consuming to scroll through tons of galleries and folders.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base