I suggest you ...

Make it possible to modify the order when set to proof delay.

Allow orders to be modified during proof delay (isn't that the whole point of it?).

Photographers should have the ability to change orders with customer's approval. If someone orders 100 prints and chooses glossy instead of matte, I should be able to change that.
If they choose 8x10, I should be able to modify it to 8x12 because of poor cropping. Heck, I'd rather absorb the $1 different than make my client spend anther hour redoing the order and give them the larger size for the same price.

I've heard the argument that you can't charge something different than the customer agreed to...valid point, but how about you just don't charge them until the order has been fully approved?

Proof delay is an optional item. Turn it into something more like a proposed/mock order instead of one that can't ever be changed. The photographer can modify it if necessary and then the customer can approve and pay.

This should be a mandatory feature.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    EE shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jeff JohnsonJeff Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Ran into this the other day when a customer selected a square image with an 8x10 print and it would have been cropped funny if it went out the door. There was no way for me to change it other than contact support heroes and have them do some sort of back-door order for it. Proofing should allow all aspects of adjusting the order and letting me converse with the customer about why I was changing it for better quality.

Feedback and Knowledge Base