I suggest you ...

Allow visitors to keyword photos

Necessary for sports photographers & crowd photographers... allowing the end-users to 'tag' AND add 'key words' (player /peoples names, schools, and descriptions) to photos... in a pending file (like the comments) so abuse doesn't occur.

There are tens of thousands of my photos that I have ZERO idea WHO any (or many) of the people are... yet they (their family or coach) are usually given my business card. It would be great if they could 'tag' or add 'key words' to the photos EASILY - and then I could cruise down the list and make sure there wasn't any 'bad language' (unless y'all can filter that out)... and BOOM... better search engine placement, and easier future searching and sorting for them (their family & friends).

Would also be GREAT if 'key words' could be used to 'auto-form' 'events' galleries or selections, for favoriting of photos (for orders).

Example: SMHS - virtually every game I've shot of them has that in the keywords field... I can search on that now... and it lists 61 galleries and 1000+ photos (actually over 20,000 photos). And 'SMHS Girls' produces 7 galleries and only 36 photos (clearly not all are tagged). Anyhow, I can search and wade through all of these... BUT, it would be REALLY AWESOME, if I could save the search (and my place - in going through these photos... as an end-user) to an 'event' (for favoring).

Thank You,

Terry Mercer

32 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Terry Mercer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Doug Fullerton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This concept was presented to me for bulk social organization of photos from a large event such as a convention or concert. The idea would allow for bulk photo tagging of particular keywords, have a whitelist / blacklist of words to reference potentially, but primarily allow any guests of said event to tag and allow others to find photos taken of themselves or others.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love a way for family and friends to tag their own photos so they are searchable. For example if I take photos at a swim-meet (substitute party, wedding, any event) I don't want to spend the energy to tag 60 different kids but I would love for a way for them to comment or tag themselves and have it be searchable so that their grandma doesn't have to look through 59 kids they don't know to see their kid's three photos.
        Thanks!!!!

• Terry Mercer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

allowing 'tagging' through facebook or other social sites might be too much of a hassle and out of your control, depending on them (and dependent upon them). HOWEVER, allowing it from those actually viewing our photos on smugmug is completely within your control (and helpful to all of us posting photos on this site).

Feedback and Knowledge Base