I suggest you ...

Forever Albums

Allow users an option to pay a 'forever fee' to house photo albums. It could be done a payment plan for a certain amount of GB or TB amount.

Someday when I am gone (I'm only 57 so I hope I have many more years) the photos will not just disappear into the abyss after I have tireless worked to scan photos from over 60 albums my mother lovingly put together for myself and my 5 siblings and our children and grandchildren. She is gone now and I've been 'tasked' with making sure the photos are shared but once scanned and uploaded there would have to be someone who would make sure the payment continued.

This led me to think 'what could Smugmug offer'?? Anyone else have that issue? I'm SURE they do. Your site is a groundbreaking site and making sure files are saved in 'redundancy' is still fallible. The cloud is a better option!

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DanielDaniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, I have often thought about how this would be great. If not a lifetime length, maybe be able to pay for the next 10 or 20 years? On the other hand, I can see that the company would be hesitant to do this for several reasons, like if something should happen in the future then they would be liable, or at least have to pay you back etc., it could cause headaches, also if they have to raise the subscription price in the future, that could also be problematic.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a lovely option and I think something which should be implemented ASAP!

• stillichtstillicht commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully agree, although I just subscribed, I'll might hesitated next year... Everything I shot, edited, uploaded and shared will be gone, when (after my death) my account is ended.
        Would it be a fair policy for loyal users that their material stays online, but nothing can be added anymore when a subscription isn't paid for anymore?

Feedback and Knowledge Base