I suggest you ...

Add Google's +1 button to photo galleries similar to the twitter and facebook sharing buttons.

Now that google's
+1 is live (a facebook "like"
competitor), it would be cool to have the option to have it available on our photos much like the facebook and twitter sharing buttons.

392 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JoshJosh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    MichaelMichael shared a merged idea: Integrate with Google+  ·   · 
    karen w meyerkaren w meyer shared a merged idea: find a way to share smugmug on gmail+ .Tons of photographers on this new medium  ·   · 
    jyrgennjyrgenn shared a merged idea: add Google+ to the list of social network sites to share photos on  ·   · 

41 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Victoria KoningVictoria Koning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's really nice that we can share our photos .. but it would be even better to share our pages and galleries too!! Please include Google+ in the Social Share buttons?

• Tor Ivan Tor Ivan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

really? over 2 years since google+ came, and still no button? cant be that hard?

• Icepick PressIcepick Press commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No threats or cajoling. I just think it would make MANY MANY PHOTOGRAPHERS HAPPY if you provided easy sharing to Google+. Thanks guys and keep up the good work!

• Laura MacdonaldLaura Macdonald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just been investigating google+ and picasa. Why would I pay smugmug for ANYTHING since they removed the communities and since I rarely print when I can have all my photos on Picasa and have exposure through google+?

• Peter ScharffPeter Scharff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just cant get my head around why this has not been fixed yet Smugmug, this is key to me staying with smugmug for my next year, an official explanation should at least be given on this matter.......

• Felipe LodiFelipe Lodi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there, I totaly agree that G+ is fundamental at this stage. In my case, I don't use Facebook and without having Google Plus integration, I loose in visibility to my photos.

• John MartinJohn Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello. Ummm. Hello, SM. Seems time to give me (and others) a little g+ button that allows the visitor to add me to their Google+ circle. For me SmugMug is all about marketing. As I type this I see 283 votes for this subject. Won't someone from SM put this comment stream to bed with a response?

• Justin KillianJustin Killian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok so this was shared in Jul, 2011 and nothing has been done yet? Really? Why isn't Google + integrated into the social sharing yet? What's the hold up?

• James PetruzziJames Petruzzi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many, many articles out there explaining why Google + is the place to be for photographers. I'm off Facebook as of the 1st of this year. PLEASE add Google + button.

• BertrandBertrand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very strange they didn't yet integrate G+...I guess it's a strategic commercial decision..?

• ScottScott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Uh, SmugMug, it's been over a year since your users began requesting this feature. What's the holdup? Your social media integration is looking pretty weak with only Facebook and Twitter on deck.

• Megan LongMegan Long commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i think that a nice social media button solution would be to code all of the social media buttons into the quickshare box as the service becomes popular (maybe defined as something like over 1 million users), then allow customers to choose which ones to enable in their settings ... so if i wanted only the twitter, google +1, and tumblr buttons i'd just check those boxes and be done.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base