(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bevan Percival shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joe West commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

4K video is no longer a luxury in many photography businesses... it's becoming a necessity. I really need the ability to archive and playback 4K video... and I'm sure many other's do as well.

• alexcad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I finally upgraded my whole PC to 4K and I am surprised smugmug still advertises 1080p video as something special...

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Badly need 4K and quality improvements to the codec. Or switch to a better streaming codec that comes closer to YouTube. SmugMug videos already don't look great in HD, no wonder the platform can't handle 4K.

• duane starr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on SmugMug...get with the times. 4K is not a future thing .....it is now and we need it...

It is a shame when one has to start looking else where????

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whenever I upload 4K videos, the website automatically downscale them to 1080p.

It's 2018. Most phones shoot at 4K as a default, some offer even better resolution.

• Mehmet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In this day and age, the fact that you guys are stuck at 1080p is a bit disappointing (and honestly embarrassing). I am a long time smugmug customer (7+ years) with quarter million uploads and I am considering leaving simply because there is no way for me to share my GoPro HERO 6 videos on your site.

• Benjamin Wigger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

4k video support should be a given at this point. Free services like youtube and vimeo both offer 4k video support in their free packages.... I just looked and youtube is even supporting 8k for some users. This lack of support for 4k video is causing me to seriously consider other services for my media hosting.

• Rob Burke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

very disappointed with Smugmug :'(
        customers expect 4K video...this is not acceptable

• Alexey Danilov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having no support of 4k videos is really disappointing. I've been a long-time smugmug user, but now am thinking of considering other options...

• Russell Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think you realistically need multiple resolutions. Most consumer camera's shoot at 3840 x 2160, or Ultra HD, including the GoPro, and iPhone.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base