(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bevan Percival shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • alexcad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I finally upgraded my whole PC to 4K and I am surprised smugmug still advertises 1080p video as something special...

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Badly need 4K and quality improvements to the codec. Or switch to a better streaming codec that comes closer to YouTube. SmugMug videos already don't look great in HD, no wonder the platform can't handle 4K.

• duane starr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on SmugMug...get with the times. 4K is not a future thing .....it is now and we need it...

It is a shame when one has to start looking else where????

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whenever I upload 4K videos, the website automatically downscale them to 1080p.

It's 2018. Most phones shoot at 4K as a default, some offer even better resolution.

• Mehmet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In this day and age, the fact that you guys are stuck at 1080p is a bit disappointing (and honestly embarrassing). I am a long time smugmug customer (7+ years) with quarter million uploads and I am considering leaving simply because there is no way for me to share my GoPro HERO 6 videos on your site.

• Benjamin Wigger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

4k video support should be a given at this point. Free services like youtube and vimeo both offer 4k video support in their free packages.... I just looked and youtube is even supporting 8k for some users. This lack of support for 4k video is causing me to seriously consider other services for my media hosting.

• Rob Burke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

very disappointed with Smugmug :'(
        customers expect 4K video...this is not acceptable

• Alexey Danilov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having no support of 4k videos is really disappointing. I've been a long-time smugmug user, but now am thinking of considering other options...

• Russell Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think you realistically need multiple resolutions. Most consumer camera's shoot at 3840 x 2160, or Ultra HD, including the GoPro, and iPhone.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I uploaded 4K resolution video and it's scaled down to Full HD by Smugmug. This is quite disappointed since most vendors now support 4K upload

So Smugmug, please consider this feature as the highest demand now-a-day for all users!!!

Thank you

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base