I suggest you ...

Make A Blog Tool In SmugMug

We already have the journal style, but let's have one that looks just like a blog. Add one picture and then allow title, text, date, time, etc so that it looks just like a blog entry.

1,522 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Scott WalterScott Walter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    ShaunShaun shared a merged idea: Add a blog with templates  ·   · 
    MikeMike shared a merged idea: Add Blog feature to SmugMug app!  ·   · 
    Jim NevillJim Nevill shared a merged idea: Make a Blog tool or a Page duplicaiton feature  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Become more integrated with social media  ·   · 
    DylanDylan shared a merged idea: More blog features to be able to host a selection of photos from recent photoshoots  ·   · 
    ShellyShelly shared a merged idea: Create an integrated blog platform  ·   · 
    MindyMindy shared a merged idea: Make a fully functioning blog with archives, tags, and layouts.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Blog  ·   · 
    let this happenlet this happen shared a merged idea: offer a way to make blogs directly through SmugMug  ·   · 
    tuningpegtuningpeg shared a merged idea: Make a BLOG available to your customers!  ·   · 
    tuningpegtuningpeg shared a merged idea: make BLOGGING available through smugmug!!  ·   · 

110 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Smugmug needs a blog feature. There's really no excuse. I'm not sure I'm going to renew because almost all the alternatives out there have this and its essential to a modern website. Come on guys.

• Mick McKeanMick McKean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Smugug needs to implement a blogging feature. You've been talking about it for years now. Squarespace same in recently with a working Blog feature, why isn't it on Smugmug's radar? You are trying to get professional photographers to come over, but not having a blog option is not smart in this day and age.
        Also, why do the comments in this feedback area have dates on them? When were the comments in this thread made?

• ShaunShaun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi guys, firstly i'd like to say the new app feature is fab but my question is, will there be the ability to have a real blog page with templates in the future?

Having this feature along with the app would be perfect as clients could have my blog as an app. super cool!

Cheers!

Guys, come on. Smugmug touts itself as this professional feature laden photographer paradise. I'm only going to say what everyone else has said. You need blog support!!! We can't spend 30 minutes a night setting up a page to make it look like a blog. I can't take you seriously and its becoming a big waste of time. Please put real blogs for us in or faithful users, including me, will leave by year's end.

• BrendanBrendan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really wish SmugMug would comment on what the future of this request is. Are they considering it? Do they have specific reasons for not responding to a feature that is highly requested? Are there technical limitations?

• Anthony Le Vere SageAnthony Le Vere Sage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SmugMug users need a blog to use. It is that simple. Why doesn't Smugmug respond? Maybe it is too difficult fir them. But it looks as if they could do it easily given all the work they did on the revamp. So why doesn't Smugmug respond? They are losing a lot of new customers I imagine.

• StephanieStephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The blogging options with smugmug are awful. I'm almost ready to switch to a different platform because of this alone.

• Alexander PanzeriAlexander Panzeri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I like too!!!
        In particular to build shooting story, experiences, and adventures!

In some way, as I'm a Google+ user with a service to create a RSS feed flow from G+, now I can have the stream of Google+ on my smugmug site using the RSS tool: https://alexander-panzeri.smugmug.com (bottom)

The Blog Tool should be able to digest:
        - Wordpress code
        - Html5 code
        - Latex code
        - maybe even pdf file
        - Google Bloggger (even if for now I'm not using it)

• Ron CookRon Cook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ideally, to promote your work you would post your blogs to social media and in turn folks click on it and are sent to your site. For me to accomplish this I had to buy a new domain (my domain is adobewerks.com so i had to purchase adobewerksblog.com) then, i had to customize my blog template to mimic the site pages that are on my smugmug. I am sure you can see how this is the final piece to make your product .. hands down.. amazing.

• KAGKAG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to create a photography blog to promote my work and for SEO. I'd LOVE to have one linked to SmugMug, and I'd even be willing to pay a small fee for it $5 or $10 a month if it worked very well and was EASY...drag and drop easy to use. Thank you!

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So the SmugMug app is great for uploading images, but there is so much more SmugMug can do with it! A handy blogging feature would be great for active photographer/bloggers on the go!

Let's make this happen!

• Jim NevillJim Nevill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current system for creating a blog on the Smug Mug site is antiquated. Needing to build a new "Page" from scratch, for every blog entry with no ability to even duplicate the page for future use is extremely cumbersome. Please make a simple, seamless to use blogging feature. A photo blog is the corner stone of SEO traffic for photographers, should be standard on a pro level.

• epiieq1epiieq1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any info SmugMug heroes? Heck, if this was part of your "Business" level I'd be willing to pay for that, but as of right now, if I have to do all of the work and integration, it's just not worth it. I'm debating other services just because it reduces my workload to not have to have a separate blog/site and integrate the two.

• LeslieLeslie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am in the midst of my Smugmug trial and I love the look of what I have built so far but I also find blogging a helpful way to get traffic to my current Wordpress Page. It might be dealbreaker for me...

• AndiAndi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After playing around, I created a basic blog page and quickly ran into issues. I want it to do it automatically, have the date, categories and be able to schedule my blog entry...

A blog should be a no-brainer! How much revenue is going to other vendors accounts who's product is inferior to smugmug yet gets the tuck in the box because they offer a blog function. Come on guys, we love the product, let's make it better, the best!

The current "Pages" feature is actually pretty powerful. With additional work, it could become a truly useful blogging tool. Add support for RSS, make it easier to age out old blog entries while adding new ones, and we will be well on our way.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base