I suggest you ...

Make A Blog Tool In SmugMug

We already have the journal style, but let's have one that looks just like a blog. Add one picture and then allow title, text, date, time, etc so that it looks just like a blog entry.

1,217 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Scott WalterScott Walter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    DylanDylan shared a merged idea: More blog features to be able to host a selection of photos from recent photoshoots  ·   · 
    ShellyShelly shared a merged idea: Create an integrated blog platform  ·   · 
    MindyMindy shared a merged idea: Make a fully functioning blog with archives, tags, and layouts.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Blog  ·   · 
    let this happenlet this happen shared a merged idea: offer a way to make blogs directly through SmugMug  ·   · 
    tuningpegtuningpeg shared a merged idea: Make a BLOG available to your customers!  ·   · 
    tuningpegtuningpeg shared a merged idea: make BLOGGING available through smugmug!!  ·   · 

84 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Steve IvesSteve Ives commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with lots of comments here. Adding a blogging capability seems like it's a no-brainer, and the fact that SmugMug doesn't have blogging capabilities makes me think I should be looking for a service that offers both. I really don't want to have to move, I LOVE SmugMug, but I really don't want to have to maintain two separate sites any more.

• AgnesAgnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that SmugMug does not have a blogging tool is starting to outweight the pros that made me switch to the platform. Zenfolio and FotoMerchant both offer blogging together with their platform. As they other offering keeps improving this might be the time when people will start leaving SmugMug for alternative services, which offer blog as well as part of the standard package.

• John BertramJohn Bertram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be hugely useful for me (and I would add: for thousands of your other customers as well -- but that would just be stating the achingly obvious). PLEASE give us some kind of timeline as to when this painfully overdue feature will be finally be introduced. And please let the time frame be measured in weeks; months only if necessary; but NOT years. Too many of those have already passed.

• Anastasia BAnastasia B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why? Such an important tool for photographers is missing, I'm going to waste a lot of time that I could be instead using to build my business or spend with my kids - now each "blog post" is an actually page I have to build from scratch each time. Meh. I'd think a blog should be standard for a Pro subscription.

• Lauren DahnLauren Dahn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amen, I feel a bit cheated because I have just signed up with Smugmug and paid and now I see that if I want a true blog, I have to now sign up and pay with Wordpress. Bogus! Blogging is everything these days. Smugmug please work on this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How long we have to wait for a blog, Smugmug?

It's ridiculous that this has not been implemented yet. I will most likely cancel my subscription when my subscription expires next year.

• Robin RaeRobin Rae commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

**** right! Even Wix has a built in Blog page on all their templates. And this should be a "Blog page", not just a choice for the style of our galleries. I want my galleries to be galleries, and the Blog should be my blog. Otherwise we need to have a separate blog site or use Facebook. aaaargh.

• EricEric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is shocking that this request has been around for more than 5 years now and it hasn't been implemented by SmugMug. It would be nice to know what the technical issues are because the actual feature gap seems small.

Any updates on this? Given that blogging is such a big part of the web, SmugMug would be able to capture a much broader audience if they integrated blogging capabilities.

I am not interested in having a separate Word Press site and linking it over to my SmugMug site. I manage a SquareSpace site for a client. With how everything is in one place there (including a great blog platform) and how easy it is to manage I am starting to be tempted to switch.
        Can I have hope that SmugMug has something up its sleeve sometime soon?

I moved from Shopify to Smugmug because SM had a lot of features pertaining to photography that Shopify just couldn't match. However, one thing that Shopify did do is have an integrated blog.

I've set up a blog using SmugMug on my site at http://www.tomoscott.com/Site-Pages/Blog , but it takes a lot of steps to do it right. It would be a lot, lot easier if SM just offered an integrated one, especially for pro accounts.

• JonathanJonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, this is a joke that Smugmug doesn't incorporate a blogging platform. Sorry for the negative feedback, but it's true. The new Smugmug is meant to be the total website package, but doesn't even feature a simple blog! I can't recommend Smugmug to anyone when it lacks such a crucial feature. It has been way too long since the new release to not have this up and running.

• labrolabro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hallo,
        just followed you tuto and created a blog folder with a blog-images gallery and a page "post1" and it was tedious to add each block to make the page.
        not yet understood how making a blog because i don't know if all posts must be on a same page so blog vertical menu is ok. in the tuto they seem to display several pages.
        currently i have changed my blog menu linked to /blog but nothing appears and if i link to my first post, what about next posts

in a summary, it is not a blog but a kind of journal

marc

• Manuel MartinManuel Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! No I'm having a Blog outside Smugmug and linked only by a link! It would be great to have this functionality integrated in Smugmug :-)

• Amber FlowersAmber Flowers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Troup Nightingale, I know who you are and I am surprised at the recent negativity. Inbox me so we can talk. The reason for the voting limitations is to prevent abuse of votes. Someone could vote thousands of times on one feature that no one else really wants. There are other examples, but the primary reason is fairness. Votes are returned when features are completed. As for your 4:05pm comment, this 'Hero' you speak of is no longer officially with the company so please don't assume the negativity represents SmugMug. I agree that some of this person's posts have been uncharacteristically harsh lately. The right thing to do would be to kindly - and neutrally, bring them to the attention of someone who can look into the issue rather than post anonymously in the feedback forum. Provide links to the posts and give SmugMug a chance to handle an issue that they may not even be aware of.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base