I suggest you ...

Make A Blog Tool In SmugMug

We already have the journal style, but let's have one that looks just like a blog. Add one picture and then allow title, text, date, time, etc so that it looks just like a blog entry.

1,141 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Scott WalterScott Walter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Blog  ·   · 
    let this happenlet this happen shared a merged idea: offer a way to make blogs directly through SmugMug  ·   · 
    tuningpegtuningpeg shared a merged idea: Make a BLOG available to your customers!  ·   · 
    tuningpegtuningpeg shared a merged idea: make BLOGGING available through smugmug!!  ·   · 

80 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • EricEric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is shocking that this request has been around for more than 5 years now and it hasn't been implemented by SmugMug. It would be nice to know what the technical issues are because the actual feature gap seems small.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this? Given that blogging is such a big part of the web, SmugMug would be able to capture a much broader audience if they integrated blogging capabilities.

I am not interested in having a separate Word Press site and linking it over to my SmugMug site. I manage a SquareSpace site for a client. With how everything is in one place there (including a great blog platform) and how easy it is to manage I am starting to be tempted to switch.
        Can I have hope that SmugMug has something up its sleeve sometime soon?

I moved from Shopify to Smugmug because SM had a lot of features pertaining to photography that Shopify just couldn't match. However, one thing that Shopify did do is have an integrated blog.

I've set up a blog using SmugMug on my site at http://www.tomoscott.com/Site-Pages/Blog , but it takes a lot of steps to do it right. It would be a lot, lot easier if SM just offered an integrated one, especially for pro accounts.

• JonathanJonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, this is a joke that Smugmug doesn't incorporate a blogging platform. Sorry for the negative feedback, but it's true. The new Smugmug is meant to be the total website package, but doesn't even feature a simple blog! I can't recommend Smugmug to anyone when it lacks such a crucial feature. It has been way too long since the new release to not have this up and running.

• labrolabro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hallo,
        just followed you tuto and created a blog folder with a blog-images gallery and a page "post1" and it was tedious to add each block to make the page.
        not yet understood how making a blog because i don't know if all posts must be on a same page so blog vertical menu is ok. in the tuto they seem to display several pages.
        currently i have changed my blog menu linked to /blog but nothing appears and if i link to my first post, what about next posts

in a summary, it is not a blog but a kind of journal

marc

• Manuel MartinManuel Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! No I'm having a Blog outside Smugmug and linked only by a link! It would be great to have this functionality integrated in Smugmug :-)

• Amber FlowersAmber Flowers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Troup Nightingale, I know who you are and I am surprised at the recent negativity. Inbox me so we can talk. The reason for the voting limitations is to prevent abuse of votes. Someone could vote thousands of times on one feature that no one else really wants. There are other examples, but the primary reason is fairness. Votes are returned when features are completed. As for your 4:05pm comment, this 'Hero' you speak of is no longer officially with the company so please don't assume the negativity represents SmugMug. I agree that some of this person's posts have been uncharacteristically harsh lately. The right thing to do would be to kindly - and neutrally, bring them to the attention of someone who can look into the issue rather than post anonymously in the feedback forum. Provide links to the posts and give SmugMug a chance to handle an issue that they may not even be aware of.

• Troup NightingaleTroup Nightingale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FEEDBACK area is useless right now. Limited number of issues you can vote on per person because you have a finite number of votes to use. Too many issues to be limiting our voting rights. Remove the voting limitation.

• Troup NightingaleTroup Nightingale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's an idea that many small companies and large companies do - buy out a GOOD blogging company! Then, SmugMug has a blog service for its users AND for non-photography people who want blogs. A Win for SM, us, and regular bloggers. Many of those regular bloggers just might also buy into a SmugMug photography site to supply their blogs with images. A Hero, not to be be named 'cause he is also a very high up person in the company replied about SM doing Blogs was something like "What, does SmugMug have to do everything?" Well, in this increasingly integrated world - YES. Otherwise, we spend our money elsewhere. Wrong corporate attitude!

• olli thomsonolli thomson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Current work around with feed content box is nowhere near good enough. Needs a properly integrated blogging platform, and well-featured.

• JodiJodi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to be able to post to my Blogger w/ auto-forward to SM... perhaps a new IFTT recipe?

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So iam unable to log on who's changed the format?
        I can load my email address but password jumps two spaces per letter typed from key board,work ok on other web site hummm ah well....

So I now load up my pictures somewhere else for the time being Help please

• ExtraMediumLarge.comExtraMediumLarge.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

meh, too late for this. SmugMug has hired a huge team of developers (that apparently need a new project manager), raised their prices, and spent a couple years producing nothing new other than promotional blog posts of their own and cross-sales with 3rd parties like SquareSpace. I gave up on waiting for SmugMug to add real customization that would allow us to use the site for anything other than selling photos. I use SquareSpace for my landing page and blog needs.

• KevinKevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a way to incorporate a blog within the same URL as my SmugMug site. The current solution is to create a seperate site on Word Press and then, for example, use SmugMug for galleries. This is not a good solution since it requires a great amount of additional time and it requires dependency on an additional support group at WP. I am surprised that SmugMug does not recognize the importance of having a blog format but instead sends our business to other companies like WP, GoDaddy and Photography Blogsites. SmugMug needs a blog format!

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base