I suggest you ...

Make A Blog Tool In SmugMug

We already have the journal style, but let's have one that looks just like a blog. Add one picture and then allow title, text, date, time, etc so that it looks just like a blog entry.

1,649 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Scott Walter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

121 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Smugmug PMs, I would like to point out the importance of listening to your customers and looking at today's industry trends.

Having a blog as part of a photography website (under one same domain) is critical to drive traffic and improve your SEO. It is clear that many of us need this feature and probably most of your customers will start using it once it is enabled. This will also attract potential new customers for you.

A blog outside our main website is not an option and not a best practice. Look at the comments below and please listen to your customers. Developing a blog feature is a win-win-win: for us as customers, for our audiences and for you.

What's stopping you? Please get it done :-)
        Thanks!

• KAG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a more robust blogging tool in SmugMug without having to go to Wordpress or some other company. You have 1,620 VOTES FOR THIS! It's a big deal. PLEASE. Thanks.

• Rick Stufflebean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1,617 votes and still no progress on official blog support from SmugMug.

Pretty ridiculous, yet they've got time to produce SmugMug Films.

• Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would suggest make the blog tool available as well as an app to go together with that. An app that will help us create blogs on the fly without the need of using a computer to write a blog. That will be amazing.

• xav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just add a blogging platform properly, I am about to renew and considering my options!! Work around a are not good enough, this really needs addressing and soon! Many people have waited a lot longer than me 3 yrs isn't a short time though!) PLEASE, it is clearly something we want!!

• Mick McKean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You've been touting an upcoming blog option since I signed up over three years ago. 1500+ votes on this feature and still nothing. Come on Smugmug, listen to your users or you'll lose lots of professionals who are looking for a blog option.

• Kedar Bhave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely needs a proper Blog feature! That's one thing that really makes SmugMug unfit for Photographers. The way they suggest we do Blogs is simply an unacceptable workaround! If I get off their service, it will be because of this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've tried WIX and squarespace, and neither of those are as good at photos as you are. If you guys did blogs a little better, a lot of us would have no reason to use another tool.

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of other portfolio sites have a blogging feature! I've read that having a blog along with your photos generates more attention to your site and I'd like to have one too. I was surprised when I found out there was no tool for creating a blog!!

• Rick Stufflebean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Competitors have handy blog functions... Smugmug keeps telling people to do it themselves using clunky self built existing functions. No clue why Smugmug keeps thinking this would not be an actual Selling Point to add a popular social tool to their system.
        Honestly, can't recall the last time you guys added something actually new that wasn't just a tweak or rework.

Smugmug needs a blog feature. There's really no excuse. I'm not sure I'm going to renew because almost all the alternatives out there have this and its essential to a modern website. Come on guys.

• Mick McKean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Smugug needs to implement a blogging feature. You've been talking about it for years now. Squarespace same in recently with a working Blog feature, why isn't it on Smugmug's radar? You are trying to get professional photographers to come over, but not having a blog option is not smart in this day and age.
        Also, why do the comments in this feedback area have dates on them? When were the comments in this thread made?

• Shaun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi guys, firstly i'd like to say the new app feature is fab but my question is, will there be the ability to have a real blog page with templates in the future?

Having this feature along with the app would be perfect as clients could have my blog as an app. super cool!

Cheers!

Guys, come on. Smugmug touts itself as this professional feature laden photographer paradise. I'm only going to say what everyone else has said. You need blog support!!! We can't spend 30 minutes a night setting up a page to make it look like a blog. I can't take you seriously and its becoming a big waste of time. Please put real blogs for us in or faithful users, including me, will leave by year's end.

• Brendan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really wish SmugMug would comment on what the future of this request is. Are they considering it? Do they have specific reasons for not responding to a feature that is highly requested? Are there technical limitations?

• Anthony Le Vere Sage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SmugMug users need a blog to use. It is that simple. Why doesn't Smugmug respond? Maybe it is too difficult fir them. But it looks as if they could do it easily given all the work they did on the revamp. So why doesn't Smugmug respond? They are losing a lot of new customers I imagine.

• Stephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The blogging options with smugmug are awful. I'm almost ready to switch to a different platform because of this alone.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base