I suggest you ...

Make A Blog Tool In SmugMug

We already have the journal style, but let's have one that looks just like a blog. Add one picture and then allow title, text, date, time, etc so that it looks just like a blog entry.

1,694 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Scott Walter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

131 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

love smugmug but definitely needs this to keep me solely here. don't want to manage multiple platforms. want all my stuff safe with smugmug

I love my account here, but I have been looking elsewhere just because this isn't a feature yet. All of my fellow photographers are blogging and it is really detracting from my ability to market myself and stand out in the marketplace when I have to jerry-rig a WordPress site to try and look like my portfolio, and without my domain name.

A blog is an invaluable tool to attract people to a photo website. It provides new material of interest on a regular basis, and gives people reason to return again and again. Please add a blog feature in the near future.

• John Robert McNally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Would Love To See A Blog Tool On SmugMug, As It Would Be Great While I Am Travelling In To Have A A Daily Updated Journal/Blog Of My Travels.

Smugmug, you have a great platform that has the capabilities of becoming even greater with true blog functionality. Having a blog will enable us to share our images, tell our stories and market and promote ourselves (and you) effectively. The fact that you have not yet implemented a true blog functionality, the caliber of WordPress or such, is disturbing. I encourage you to move on this before many of us find other solutions.

• Brendan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The third most popular request and one that is fundamental to successful SEO. It blows my mind that SmugMug hasn't implemented this. Like others have said below, I'm looking at moving to another platform.

SmugMug, if you look at these posts, I encourage you to respond to this in some way. If you aren't going to implement a better way to handle blog type content, then tell us why. If you are looking into implementing at least let us know a general timeframe.

• xav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a big deal, I am now looking at other options like squarespace and Zenfolio, they both have the option to blog and are a bit cheaper too! There is no reason not to have this as an option on your service. it is getting to the point where I really can't recommend you to anyone because of this and a couple of other features, I am not an influencer by any stretch but I do have a few thousand followers on Insta and Twitter as well as a healthy FB following, it's not as if this request is news to you, really wish I could have gone to the photo show to speak in person!! Feeling aggrieved and you are just ignoring a really important feature request because someone there has said NO and you have now stuck your fingers in your collective ears like a bunch of children trying to ignore a parent!

• Najam UsSaqib commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been a customer of Smugmug for many many years but I think blog will be a deal breaker for me as well this year. There are many other reasons for having blog on your website but SEO is huge for me. You can't up your SEO game without Blogging.
        Please, let us know the timeframe in case SmugMug is considering this option

March 05, 2018

• Ronda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I must say that I've been a VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER of Smugmug for years ... with one exception that is probably going to be a deal breaker for me this year. I NEED an integrated blog. Not a separate blog that connects to my website. Those are two expenses that another vendor is offering. Problem is, I don't want another vendor. I want Smugmug. However, my WANTS and NEEDS as a professional photographer are two different things. I need to hear that Smugmug is actually working on and will be releasing a blog module this year or I may have to end what has been a really good relationship.

Please. Pretty please.

• John Robert McNally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Smugmug, I Don't Know How Many Years This Goes Back, But Is It Not About Time You Listened To Your Customers Ideas/Request, But Please Give Us Some Proper Blogging Tools, So We Can Make Ourselves Seen & Heard. You Have A Great Site Here For Photographers, Lets Make It "Excellent" - Get Your Technicians Working On New Ideas & Tools So We Can Add A Professional Looking Blog To Our Smugmug Hosted Site.Lets Get This Done For Early 2018.

Many Thanks
        John Mac
        Tuesday 28/November - 2017

• Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Smugmug PMs, I would like to point out the importance of listening to your customers and looking at today's industry trends.

Having a blog as part of a photography website (under one same domain) is critical to drive traffic and improve your SEO. It is clear that many of us need this feature and probably most of your customers will start using it once it is enabled. This will also attract potential new customers for you.

A blog outside our main website is not an option and not a best practice. Look at the comments below and please listen to your customers. Developing a blog feature is a win-win-win: for us as customers, for our audiences and for you.

What's stopping you? Please get it done :-)
        Thanks!

• KAG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a more robust blogging tool in SmugMug without having to go to Wordpress or some other company. You have 1,620 VOTES FOR THIS! It's a big deal. PLEASE. Thanks.

• Rick Stufflebean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1,617 votes and still no progress on official blog support from SmugMug.

Pretty ridiculous, yet they've got time to produce SmugMug Films.

• Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would suggest make the blog tool available as well as an app to go together with that. An app that will help us create blogs on the fly without the need of using a computer to write a blog. That will be amazing.

• xav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just add a blogging platform properly, I am about to renew and considering my options!! Work around a are not good enough, this really needs addressing and soon! Many people have waited a lot longer than me 3 yrs isn't a short time though!) PLEASE, it is clearly something we want!!

• Mick McKean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You've been touting an upcoming blog option since I signed up over three years ago. 1500+ votes on this feature and still nothing. Come on Smugmug, listen to your users or you'll lose lots of professionals who are looking for a blog option.

• Kedar Bhave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely needs a proper Blog feature! That's one thing that really makes SmugMug unfit for Photographers. The way they suggest we do Blogs is simply an unacceptable workaround! If I get off their service, it will be because of this.

I've tried WIX and squarespace, and neither of those are as good at photos as you are. If you guys did blogs a little better, a lot of us would have no reason to use another tool.

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of other portfolio sites have a blogging feature! I've read that having a blog along with your photos generates more attention to your site and I'd like to have one too. I was surprised when I found out there was no tool for creating a blog!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base