I suggest you ...

All visitors to password protected galleries to update captions and keywords.

I have galleries where I upload hundreds of photos from a group activity for everyone to come see. I don't want to go through and tag every photo with the names of people in that photo (for people to easily search the gallery), but would like to be able to let everyone help out (kind of like everyone helps out editing Wikipedia).

Yes, I could accomplish this by making everyone a friend or family and using that option, but that isn't realistic when we're talking about 50-100 members of each group and no two activities have the same group members ever.

If anyone has questions on this, post in the comments and I'll try to explain it better.

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Crash shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jeanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be so helpful! I am working with a group that is using SmugMug to organize and share photos for their geographically scattered community. We need a way to let anyone from the community who wants to help tagging photos do so. So far I haven't found a way to do this.

I did see that we can create an "assistant password" which we could then share to those who want to help, but then everyone is sharing that login and it adds another hurdle for people to navigate who just want to help.

• Milton Lopez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allowing those who can upload pictures to change captions and keywords after uploading just makes sense, and it would save gallery owners tons of work. I actually planned on having this feature before signing on to Smugmug and was dismayed when I found it's not there. I am having to re-think my subscription now because of this "hole". Please plug it ASAP.

Feedback and Knowledge Base