I suggest you ...

let us have a self-fulfillment print order capability

SM's fulfillment is very swish. Problem is it's only valid for US people - printing costs and lead times make orders for EU customers prohibitively expensive.

I know several other would like this feature, and like many others, I've been playing around with paypal payments (there's a good thread on dgrin about it). Problem is, well, it's paypal and doesn't give the photographer / seller the option to view an order before receiving payment.

Google has a far better order processing system, but doesn't support logistics; a third party shopping cart is required and that costs money!

So, why not open up SM's excellent print ordering system so that SM members can receive an order via email and manage the fulfillment themselves? :)

Being based in the UK, I'm not losing out on people not being able to buy my photos easily and because of that, I fear I may cancel my SM renewal because it's a real showstopper for me...

1,709 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    XavierXavier shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    David OwenDavid Owen shared a merged idea: Gift Vouchers for Photo Sessions  ·   · 
    Carla JoCarla Jo shared a merged idea: allow us to sell original stuff and 'write it in' with pricelists  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: to please allow photogrpto please allow photographers to use their own pahers to use their own print labs and let them fill their own orders  ·   · 
    BeamieBeamie shared a merged idea: Allow us to sell our own prints  ·   · 
    TheModelShoppeTheModelShoppe shared a merged idea: Manual Additions to Pricing - custom self-fulfilled products  ·   · 
    dclphotodclphoto shared a merged idea: allow local printing option  ·   · 
    Randy SoopRandy Soop shared a merged idea: Allow self fulfillment  ·   · 
    MRudlandMRudland shared a merged idea: I suggest a "fill in the blank" area in the shopping cart where we can add a product we want  ·   · 
    Walter James PhotographyWalter James Photography shared a merged idea: An independent shopping cart is required of the photographers choice and currency ie in the UK...  ·   · 
    Amber FlowersAmber Flowers shared a merged idea: Custom products/items and ability to sell sessions etc  ·   · 
    Joe AllenJoe Allen shared a merged idea: "E-Mail it" button on shopping cart page.  ·   · 
    Heather AdamsHeather Adams shared a merged idea: allow us to charge for self fulfilled items through SmugMug (sitting fees, DVD Slideshows, etc.)  ·   · 

168 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Caio CArrCaio CArr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a professional from Brazil and i do my own fine art prints. This is a must! Plz make it available for us asap. Thank you!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Print and shipping cost are WAY higher with SM and I either drop my profit to almost nothing or loose people that want to buy pictures.

• Ho Yin AuHo Yin Au commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to see this feature, but it's really disheartening to see that this idea's been around for almost half a decade and SmugMug hasn't acted on it...

• Andrew DobellAndrew Dobell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, another vote from me to allow us Self Fullfilment and to let us sell other things beyond Prints.

• CornelCornel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely needed. I would like the option to sell my own framed prints.

I agree completely. I will cancel my subscription once the year is out unless a viable shipping option for non-US dwellers is implemented.

• baroobaroo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES Smugmug - this was so important to me that after continued requests and no feedback as to if it was coming I had to leave and am NOW with ZENFOLIO.

I didn't want to leave but I had no choice.

I agree with Jeff - EVeryone if it this issue is important to you please post and vote for it.

• BaronBaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. In the UK the only supplier available is Loxley. That is fine, I use them extensively in the studio but the range available on the website is frankly pants. It is almost as if they have gathered together all the products they struggle to sell and decided to use those for the online sales. Not only that but they have also added a huge premium onto their normal prices for no valid reason.

With self fulfilment, as offered by TheImageFile and others, I can at least offer the same products I sell in the studio.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really want to come back to SM but lack of self-fulfillment is no-go for me as well.

There are various kinds of Gift found in the tedious market which have many importance and significance. Present is the best part of each and every celebration. Flower is supposed to be the wonderful Gift for your loved ones on any occasions. It not only brings a moment of joy and happiness delivers the inner feeling of hearts to someone very special in your life. Send Fresh Mixed Flowers to Worldwide through the online and express your best love and affection in just a single click. This will really bring lost smile to the face of your friends and family and make them feel very special and loving. No matter where you staying all over the world on any special day of your dear ones. You can get connected with them and send your best wishes through the best exclusive ways.

• Karina FineganKarina Finegan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm just on a SM trial, and quickly realised there is no self-fulfilment option. I'm going to have a look at Zenfolio now because of this. I'm in Ireland and not being able to offer my own products etc... is a dealbreaker.

• Melissa M GoodillMelissa M Goodill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tired of carrying two different account because one gives me the option to self fulfill. It takes the payments for me then I fill the orders. Would love to be able to put more time into this one site instead of splitting the time on two. Smugmug has a lot to offer but splitting my time limits what I can actually use.

• baroobaroo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really really like smugmug and am so disappointed that I too have made up my mind to leave and go to zenfolio. I signed up for their account and as soon as my smugmug account expires in March I am leaving.

I want to be loyal but my business can't continue without a Canadian printer or the very least Self fulfillment.

It's a shame!

• Frederic SeguinFrederic Seguin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really can't believe SM is ready to lose as many clients to other websites such as ZenFolio for refusing self-fulfillment capability. I will eventually have to change as well...too bad

• Jonathan ChabreJonathan Chabre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea was posted in 2009! And we dont have any answer from smugmug... I am from Mexico and have a lab that does all my printing here.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base