Add Canadian pro lab
- Cheaper shipping cost for Canadian clients
- Hopefully quicker delivery
Laurie McConnell commented
I can deal with shipping out of the US; it's UPS stalling everything at the border and slapping on a whopping brokerage fee that makes it totally unworkable. Is there a way to specify only FEDEX for shipping?
sigh, Potential new customer from Canada here, just checking out the features of this company. guess this is as far as I go. i'll check back in a couple years.
Darren Francis commented
Please add a Canadian Print Lab, its way too expensive to use American Print Labs.
Anne-Marie Comte commented
Too bad about the lack of Canadian labs on Smugmug. We have great labs here that are reasonable. I was under the impression that you did serve the Canadian market? That means that I will have to opt out of printing with you as the Canadian dollar is lower than the American and the shipping and handling fees are usually exorbitant to Canadian. I will continue to take care of it from my side (the Canadian side). Any interest to serve the canadian market?
Please, please arrange for a Canadian Lab
Yes totally agree that a Canadian photo lab would be beneficial to use Canadians. The US shipping and exchange rate is a outrageous cost to our clients in Canada. There are so many pro photo labs here that I am sure Smugmug would not have problem partnering with. Come on Smugmug make this happen.
USA shipping and customs cost a big deterent for Canadian Clients.
I'm currently researching a web host for my new photography business. Not having a Canadian Lab option is a deal breaker.
I have been a long time customer of smugmug and love everything about it except for the void of a canadian lab. Now that my work is more recognized I am forced to pursue another provider and will be withdrawing from smugmug. This issue has been outstanding for years now and I am very disappointed in the lack of acknowledgement from the smugmug team.
I'm also in a quandary about printing costs. Definitely a Canadian pro lab will be instrumental in keeping me on smugmug after this year.
Technicare in Edmonton is my vote for a Canadian lab...they are one of the best in Canada
No Smugmug, Canadian printer option, still??? Noticed Zenfolio has now partnered with a Canadian printing company. I use Technicare Imaging Ltd. in Alberta. Has anyone at Smugmug considered contacting Technicare?
Miles Tindal commented
Similar to what others are saying here, if you add a Canadian photo lab i'd look at upgrading - currently makes no sense to order prints from a US based lab with exchange rate and shipping.
Rod Wilson commented
Canadian Lab, or at the very least cheaper shipping options. A $6 print costs $13 and 4 weeks shipping. I'm loosing business.
I just joined. Like the rest of the Canadians are saying, my clients would never purchase from a US printer, given the exchange rate.
Only you know whether this is worth your bother in terms of numbers, commitment, etc, but for Canadians wanting to sell prints now, it's not going to happen.
I'm going to contact help and ask for a downgrade to Power / refund I guess, given that I can't use any of the print services.
USD exchange rate is insane! Cost for us Canadians is now x1.45 !!! .. plus USA-CAN cross-boarder shipping costs.
Liz Barrett commented
So frustrating that only USA printing options are available -create options so we can print close to home. With the dollar the way it is, this is gouging us and many customers are turned off using SMUGMUG! Shipping costs are expensive!
Rob Holland commented
Not have a Canadian lab available makes the pro accounts not worth the cost.
Stu Seldon commented
I will only add my voice to those already here. Having to use a US lab makes the e-commerce portion of the site useless.
As others have said, there are may quality printing houses around major cities and I can't imagine that any of them would not have an interests in expanding there business through a partnership with Smugs.
From what I can understand, this has been a bone of contention for some time now, and it would be interesting to know if discussions are underway, of if this is a no-go. I"m happy to wait, but if you have no plans to offer this, I will explore alternate vendors!