Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Herman CheungHerman Cheung shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Marjorie McDonaldMarjorie McDonald shared a merged idea: Canadian Print Lab  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Get a Canadian processing plant. Postage from the states just eliminates the prospect of using Smugmug to do the pix for our newspaper.  ·   · 
    Azra BajricAzra Bajric shared a merged idea: Please please please add a Canadian printing company to your option of printers!!!!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Pro Lab In Vancouver Canada  ·   · 
    Sean CSean C shared a merged idea: Canadian Printing lab  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Get a Canadian processing plant. Postage from the states just eliminates the prospect of using Smugmug to do the pix for our newspaper.  ·   · 
    Vickie ThaoVickie Thao shared a merged idea: Expanding into Canada, eh?!  ·   · 
    Leroy SchulzLeroy Schulz shared a merged idea: Offer a lab based in Canada!  ·   · 
    carshopcarshop shared a merged idea: setup print lab in Canada  ·   · 

118 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jeff VoganJeff Vogan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have heard numerous times that the shipping costs are too expensive and are the reason people do not order prints from my site. Afraid I may have to migrate away from smugmug to another like Canadian-based 500px. Please add a Canadian lab

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will be my last year with SmugMug Pro. No Canadian Lab means that if my customers only wish to buy a few photos, their shipping charges could cost more than their order.
        Really, how hard would it be SmugMug? Your silence on this issue is deafening.

• LeoneLeone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm waiting and waiting and waiting as well for a Canadian lab - am not promoting my site like I should for this very reason - too expensive and takes WAY too long to have my customers order from my SmugMug site.

Just moved from US to Canada.....I echo the requests below....please add a Canadian Lab!!

I am supper bumbed that I can't use Smugmug for this reason. Any CA photographers have any alternate suggestions for comparible competition??

can someone at Smug Mug get this done.... only asking for last 5 years... ridiculous.

• TomTom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Loss of sales due to no Canadian Lab, I guess its time to make the switch. I have customers email me regarding shipping costs and length of time for delivery. People are getting scared off by no Canadian lab.

Hard to believe there are still no Canadian labs. I'm in the process of picking an e-commerce service and this could very well be a deal breaker.

• Dan MoutalDan Moutal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll addf my name to this list. A Canadian pro lab (witch cheap shipping) would be great

• LisaLisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been comparing sites and I think this is a deal breaker for me. I will not be joining SmugMug.

just removed shopping cart from my smugmug site..... waaaaaaay to expensive shipping... canadian lab please.... for now it just for display

• Caro Caro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes Please - a Canadian Lab would be very beneficial - all angles.

• Bromley ChamberlainBromley Chamberlain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a Canadian photographer and I feel that SmugMug not having a Canadian photo lab is hurting the amount of photos I am selling.

• Brenda TateBrenda Tate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! I'm in Nova Scotia and have many potential clients in my own country. I'm on SmugMug as a trial, month to month, and came here to do a project. If it isn't Canadian-friendly, once the project sales have waned I'll head elsewhere.

• DebDeb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please hurry!!!!!!!!!!!! we need a Canadian lab. Besides price, Canadians are reluctant to order from the USA because of shipping and duties . Just do it!! Thanks!

• baroobaroo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem is when you sell anything 8 x 10 or over. I had someone buy 1 8 x 10 that I only charged $10.00 at the time - they then had to pay $10.00 for shipping (which I think is fine and understandable) but they then also had to pay $10.00 for Duty.

So a $10.00 print became a $30.00 print.

But the real problem is the optics - someone buying product from a Canadian photographer does not expect to have to pay DUTY.

They don't understand why the product has to come from the US.

I have had gigs where I limited what the customer can buy to 5 x 7 or smaller to avoid the duty charge or what I do now which is only sell digital downloads.

But the point here is that there is more money to be made for everyone if we have a Canadian Lab or an even simpler answer is to have SELF FULFILLMENT.

Now for those Canadians who like the US lab by all mean continue to use it - that is your choice. But that's exactly what I want to a choice. Right now I don't have a choice other that to not OFFEND my customers by only selling digital downloads.

Shipping costs or delivery times aren't the main issue - people understand that part - it's the extra cost of a duty - when you are buy something from someone that lives 2 blocks away but the product has to come from another country it doesn't easily compute.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base