I suggest you ...

add a button to pin to pinterest

Just as you can tweet and facebook a photo, I noticed some blogs now have a "pin" button to pin your photo to pinterest.

569 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ShannonShannon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Pinterest  ·   · 
    DMWDMW shared a merged idea: Pinterest Please!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: that you add a "pin it" button!  ·   · 
    Cinful CCinful C shared a merged idea: Allow sharing of photos to Pinterest  ·   · 
    Vivian KrugVivian Krug shared a merged idea: Please put back Pinterest on the new pages!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add sharing of photos to allow for Pinning to Pinterest  ·   · 
    Cindy. ShaverCindy. Shaver shared a merged idea: Add the pin it button option.  ·   · 
    MollyMolly shared a merged idea: I want to be able to upload some of my photos from smugmug to pinterest?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: i'm wondering if you'll be adding tumblr & pinterest to the social  ·   · 
    Blair WachaBlair Wacha shared a merged idea: Add a "pin it" button with other marketing links to photo pages, so people can easily add a pin to their pinterest page.  ·   · 
    Nathan PettyNathan Petty shared a merged idea: PINTEREST BUTTON  ·   · 
    Arline ScottArline Scott shared a merged idea: Pinterest  ·   · 

75 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Helen McParlaneHelen McParlane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that Social media seems to be the biggest driver for advertising can we please also include Pintrest access to our photos as a lot of business people I know say this is their biggest driver of their business and considering it is driven by photos and photos is our business it would be fabulous if we could also have this as an option when showing our photos Thanks for all your ongoing help and support...love the Smug Mug Heroes they have saved me so many times from mini meltdowns!! Helen

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am requesting a pin button so that I can pin individual images and/or a specific gallery from my SmugMug account to my Pinterest boards. Would be very pleased to see this happen and disappointed if SmugMug does not make it available. After all, it would help get traffic to SmugMug as well.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please. I see a pin it button pop up but it does not work. I have a web retail site. I am using SM to hold my product photos, but I dont want to direct clicks to my SM site, I need them to go to my site so they can buy.

• DMWDMW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make a Pinterest button available. You can link it, but can't pin directly from your page (photos). UGH.
        I just signed up for smugmug and didn't know this wasn't an option. I had it on my old website and it is a very important tool for professional photographers.

Thanks!

PLEASE PLEASE Add the capability to have a pin button on our gallery photos! Super important to professional photographers. I'm hoping this is added very soon.

• INSTUDIO EINSTUDIO E commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes Please! Works great on all our WordPress sites. It's a must for smug asap! Thanks!

As a wedding photographer, a Pinterest pin it button would be extremely helpful! Almost every bride I work with uses Pinterest to share their wedding and engagement photo ideas!

• dean osbornedean osborne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a really great way people share images for wedding ideas and as a wedding photographer it is important to have this feature - I am missing out on a whole area of businesses - come on smug mug

• Carl SimmermanCarl Simmerman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems like a Pinterest pin button would be a welcome addition. This is certainly a short coming, even SmugMug has a Pinterest account.

• Sam DorringtonSam Dorrington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree - talking to many other photographers they have said that Pinterest now drives a huge amount of traffic to their sites.

This is now a MUST to utilise and aid our businesses - another avenue for traffic is a necessity.

Smug Mug please look into this for us!

• JoyeJoye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pinterest is a great way to share images and get more traffic. PLEASE Smug Mug add a Pin it button to the share links. It will detour photos seen as well as Smug Mug sites.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base