I suggest you ...

add a button to pin to pinterest

Just as you can tweet and facebook a photo, I noticed some blogs now have a "pin" button to pin your photo to pinterest.

439 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ShannonShannon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: that you add a "pin it" button!  ·   · 
    Vivian KrugVivian Krug shared a merged idea: Please put back Pinterest on the new pages!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: i'm wondering if you'll be adding tumblr & pinterest to the social  ·   · 
    Blair WachaBlair Wacha shared a merged idea: Add a "pin it" button with other marketing links to photo pages, so people can easily add a pin to their pinterest page.  ·   · 
    Nathan PettyNathan Petty shared a merged idea: PINTEREST BUTTON  ·   · 
    Arline ScottArline Scott shared a merged idea: Pinterest  ·   · 

60 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • dean osbornedean osborne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a really great way people share images for wedding ideas and as a wedding photographer it is important to have this feature - I am missing out on a whole area of businesses - come on smug mug

• Carl SimmermanCarl Simmerman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems like a Pinterest pin button would be a welcome addition. This is certainly a short coming, even SmugMug has a Pinterest account.

• Sam DorringtonSam Dorrington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree - talking to many other photographers they have said that Pinterest now drives a huge amount of traffic to their sites.

This is now a MUST to utilise and aid our businesses - another avenue for traffic is a necessity.

Smug Mug please look into this for us!

• JoyeJoye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pinterest is a great way to share images and get more traffic. PLEASE Smug Mug add a Pin it button to the share links. It will detour photos seen as well as Smug Mug sites.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Smugmug says: (http://news.smugmug.com/2010/07/29/search-engine-food-sitemaps/), Important: The best Sitemap in the world won’t help if you don’t have great backlinks. Keep tagging, linking and posting your photos to the world – on your blog, message forums, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

The most important things suggest to do... we can't do with Pinterest. This seems like a glaring issue that needs to be addressed. Please help!!

and "the knot" icon for wedding photographers since that is the most popular wedding website would be great!!

• GadeyneGadeyne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe that after Pinterest has been around for 4 years, SmugMug still has not added the "Pin it" button. Pinterest is a tremendous social media tool for anything graphic, it's time the SmugMug team finally wakes up. How about the Google+ button while you are at it

What is up with Smugmug not having Pinterest support? It's not even that hard to add this!

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on you guys, get with the program. Pinterest button, instagram even!

I too would like to see Pinterest implemented for Smugmug, the sooner the better.

Thanks in anticipation

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base