I suggest you ...

add a button to pin to pinterest

Just as you can tweet and facebook a photo, I noticed some blogs now have a "pin" button to pin your photo to pinterest.

346 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ShannonShannon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Blair WachaBlair Wacha shared a merged idea: Add a "pin it" button with other marketing links to photo pages, so people can easily add a pin to their pinterest page.  ·   · 
    Nathan PettyNathan Petty shared a merged idea: PINTEREST BUTTON  ·   · 
    Arline ScottArline Scott shared a merged idea: Pinterest  ·   · 

42 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is up with Smugmug not having Pinterest support? It's not even that hard to add this!

I too would like to see Pinterest implemented for Smugmug, the sooner the better.

Thanks in anticipation

• Brandi EngelBrandi Engel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pinterest is a widely used marketing and advertising source for photographers! If you are able to "like for Facebook" I'm very surprised you aren't able to "pin it" to Pinterest. I as well as several of my photography friends are steering away from Facebook and gearing more toward Pinterest as it has a fresher, updated and more professional feel than does Facebook. Please, please, please add a "pin it" option in the "share tabs" for SmugMug!

Pinterest is one of the main way's many photographers get work these days. (Especially family/baby & Wedding photographers). It's really behind the times not to have one. I'd like to also add instagram would be better than the tweet button as well. After all that app is for photos...not twitter...

• JaneJane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ahoy there SmugMug ... anyone there?? ... apparently I can't add a Pinterest button to my new site ... why in heck's name not??? This was one feature I was really looking forward to. Are you telling me all the work I've just done setting up my site and adding photos from the past few years, all for nought? Should I just stop now and plan on moving somewhere else? Please could you address this issue with us?

• Cindi JonesCindi Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would stay with Smugmug if this is implemented. When my contract is up, I plan to move to a company that allows the use of Pinterest. My business would grow much faster with this option.

I would love this feature as well. Ive noticed a few photographers on pinterest who have photos that link to their hosting site and can be purchased directly from the link thus increasing sales.... would love to see this added, and YES as stacy commented... for each photo would be fantastic!

• StacyStacy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES PLEASE! A pinterest button for each photo would be great! It would link back to the source, so clients and their fams could pin their fav prints and it would link back to where to buy the prints! This would be wonderful!

Pintrest has shared more photos and videos then any other social media site. That could be good or bad depending on what type of photographer you are. For those it makes good business for it must be a option to add. Smug Mug Social media is were it is at we must embrace it or die.

• SamirSamir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I re-read the Pinterst TOS for business accounts, and between their stance towards copyright enforcement and their efforts towards image attribution (credit to the source), I think Pinterest is much better than Facebook for photo sharing. Pinterest will actually embed an image versus upload it, so it technically is still on our sites. They want an attribution link, like a buy link or direct link to the image in the source gallery. So having a lower-res watermarked image can in effect be some very, very strong marketing.

What's I'd like to see is not only a pin-in button, but also the ability to mass pin whole galleries to Pinterest like the Facebook upload tool. This can generate tremendous social buzz and yet still bring people back to the original image.

Smugmug has to talk to Pinterest as they can set up automatic attribution like they have for Flickr.

• tiatia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would love to have a 'pin it' button under all my photos just like fb and twitter. pinterest is the biggest marketing tool out there right now

• PeterPeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure why people are afraid of Pinterest. It's a low-res image, will include any watermark that you add, and links back to your site. Free advertising.

Please add this, SmugMug!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base