I suggest you ...

Want ability to copy photos to actual Facebook albums, so we can tag friends, etc.

I would like not only to be able to share our Smug Photos in our Facebook feed, but I'd like to be able to have the option to add them to our Facebook galleries so that we may tag people in them. I emailed Christina earlier, she has the name of the photo sharing site that does this. Ask her about it and look into it if you would. Thanks!

659 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jamie CodyJamie Cody shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Jason WeekJason Week shared a merged idea: Better Posting of Pictures to Facebook Wall  ·   · 
    CJCJ shared a merged idea: Add ability to upload entire SM Gallery to Facebook Page  ·   · 

53 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael RamseyMichael Ramsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to request an enhancement to the beta feature. The method of Picking Photos is quite cumbersome trying to select the desired photos by looking at the very small thumbnails of photos. In addition, the little 'i' provided on the little thumbnail to determine photo info such as filename is also very user un-friendly. It would be nice if the thumbnails were 2-4 times bigger and the photo info displayed under each thumbnail (no 'i' embedded in thumbnail).

• john curleyjohn curley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is the problem I was trying to explain today, as well.

When I, or more importantly one of my clients, presses the "share" button on one of my SmugMug photos, it shows up in a very small thumbnail on Facebook.

Instagram had the same problem until recently; when you shared an Instagram photo, it showed up on Facebook as a thumbnail. Now, when you send an Instagram photo to FB, it shows up the same size as other photos you post to your Wall.

I love the fact that SmugMug has integrated the social feature, but it really isn't very useful unless clients can SEE them on Facebook.

Also, if a SmugMug photo is shared on Facebook, it should have the same functionality as other photos: by that I mean, people should be able to "like" them, comment on them and otherwise engage with them.

Facebook is a very important and powerful marketing tool for us. And the more people see good photos hosted on SmugMug, the better for SmugMug, too.

Thanks very much for your help with this,

John

• Jason WeekJason Week commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current functionality is so poor I really consider this more of a bug than a feature request.

• RandyRandy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this feature still in beta? I'm confused because the status here is "started" but I saw an announcement that it's been expanded to business pages as well as personal albums. Or are these different features?

• Anne BeanAdminAnne Bean (Admin, SmugMug) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Nicky,

If your display copies are watermarked on SM, they will be on facebook. If you're wanting a new watermark added just for facebook copies... would you submit a new feature request? I would hate if it got buried in the comments here. Thanks.

• Jack Foster MancillaJack Foster Mancilla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly. I love the share to Facebook. I love that it takes my watermarks, and that I can assign any of several url's to the images themselves. … It is great! … Now I want the same thing for Google+

• Marcus TuckerMarcus Tucker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is promising indeed, but it's uploading to Pages that I (and surely most professionals) will need, not to our personal profiles...

• bluerosesphotographybluerosesphotography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea. However, commenters here may not realize that you have the ability to share your smugmug photos, one at a time, on FB. Look to the far right above the photo you have selected in Smug. You will see a choice, "Be social." This gives you several options for social media, depending on what accounts you have.

I have been using this feature to promote my galleries by featuring at least one photo per day on my FB personal and professional pages. In the process I have been able to drive up my site hits from a tiny sprinkle to more than 3500 hits in the first 23 days in June (i.e., today's date).

This option makes the viewer click on a thumbnail to see the photo enlarged, and that redirects the viewer TO YOUR SITE, where they can see other images in your galleries.

Try it!

• j allenj allen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would just like the ability to tag my friends and family on my SM site, and then the tagged photo would show up on that persons FB page, just like it behaves on FB.

• Megan LongMegan Long commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if this winds up being a situation where smugmug exports photos to an album in fb, then i would like to see
        1. the abillity to choose the photos within the gallery that get copied over
        2. the ability to post to albums in one's fb page
        3. that fb grabs watermarked images
        4. an option that the caption in fb include a smugmug photo-specific buy link. ex: "click to buy: [link]"

• ArsenyArseny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another thing that we could use (seeing as we got the "posting to fan page" taken care of) is to use the @ tags in the body..
        I get a lot of traffic that way, and I'm sure many do the same.

• Sean AitkenSean Aitken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just paid for a year... and now I'm faced with wanting my friends on FB to easily see the photos I've uploaded.. PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN! :)

• Pierre LegrandPierre Legrand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have an update on when this will happen.

I think that the following would be helpful:
        1. Tagging of Friends
        2. Details of who likes photos and comments integration

Can we get an update on the status of this as I will most likely move on from this product otherwise

• Sean AitkenSean Aitken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was the one thing that almost sold me, after reading that there was FB integration. I was sadly disappointed to see that the only integration was the ability to post a link to a gallery. Lame!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base