I suggest you ...

Allow captains of at least a dozen lines to display below slideshow photos

Oh, I am so sad! This past week I explored a number of photo hosting sites and in every other respect, I like Smugmug the best, but this is just fatal.

Yes, I could suggest it as a feature but even if Smugmug were to go for it, it will take some time and by then it will be too late.

Thank you for your effort.

Bill

On Sep 3, 2017, at 9:39 PM, SmugMug Heroes <help@smugmug.com> wrote:

Hey Bill,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Unfortunately there is no possibility at the moment to display slideshow captions below the image.

You can suggest this as a feature request on our forum:

http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Take care,

Tom
SmugMug Support Hero

On Monday, September 4th 2017 at 5:36:50 AM runningdog@ak.net wrote:
Tom, thank you for doing this and showing me how its done, but I’m afraid it does not help.

If you check out the essay I sent to you, you will see that the captions are below the photo, while your’s are embedded in the bottom of the photo. This is unacceptable to me. Your captions are also limited to two lines. I’m not certain what the limit is in the app burn uses, but I’ve counted some that are a dozen lines long.

I need this same capability.

Can you do it? I hope so, because I’ve got to say, I love everything else I have so far discovered about Smugmug - although the only place I would want those distracting “buy” buttons to show would be in a store I would create. From what I read, this sounds easy enough to accomplish.

Thanks again,

On Monday, September 4th 2017 at 5:26:08 AM help@smugmug.com wrote:
Hey Bill,

Thanks for contacting SmugMug.

I have turned captions ON in the Slideshow gallery style - please see my screenshot: http://take.ms/tYM04

This is how I have done this on your account → I have opened your gallery → clicked CUSTOMIZE → CONTENT AND DESIGN → I have hovered my cursor over the slideshow gallery → clicked the wrench icon → opened the SLIDESHOW GALLERY STYLE → turned caption ON.

I hope this helps. If we can be of further service, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Take care,

Tom

On Monday, September 4th 2017 at 5:23:01 AM runningdog@ak.net wrote:
I'm still in my trial fase and there is much I like about this, but I have encountered a flaw that is completely fatal to the immediate purpose I had wanted to put it to, and may be fatal altogether - unless you have a solution.

I want to be able to show captions to show in slideshow mode. They are invisible, as if they do not exist. Yes, they show in journal mode but I need them to show in slide show. As an example of how I want the captions to be able to show, here is an essay I published in Burn: http://www.burnmagazine.org/?s=Bill+Hess+Agviq

Can it be done?

Thank you,

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon