I suggest you ...

Make cards, photo albums, etc... available to our customers to order!

The future of our business depends on our customers being able to order from many options such as holiday greeting cards, photo albums and even photos on foam/hard board. When will become a possibility?? I know that we (as owners) can order photo cards and albums but our customers cannot. We do a lot of high volume portrait parties and our customers want these options! Help and thank you!!!

167 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kathryn HillKathryn Hill shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    QuinnQuinn shared a merged idea: Add existing owner purchase options for visitors (books, mounted, calendars, etc)  ·   · 

42 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RickRick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The option to purchase photo albums seems to have not been fully implemented. I think that this suggestion should have been flagged as "partially" completed.

Please allow photo albums to be created and purchased. Thanks!!

• jsjs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give our clients the option to make Calendars and Books! This is really important as we've received a lot of requests from our Clients....and they are going elsewhere without this feature.

• DMarieDMarie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This shows a status of completed, I am confused, are clients able to create their own albums? My clients tend to be very creative and want the ability to create them on their own, and it would make my life easier :) Please let me know if this is possible.

• NSNS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Smugmug...what is the hold up on letting our clients make cards from our site. It doesn't make sense that this is not an option when we are paying for this photo service!

• Best Image Photo & VideoBest Image Photo & Video commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SmugMug has wonderful setup for customers to select and order prints and other merchandise. However, it doesn't look like a smooth process to select and create albums and place an order for flush mount albums. I believe customers should be able to select pictures and the size of album, design the album and place the order for flush mount album, currently this is not achievable and causing problems with my clients. Thank you for your help,
        Raj

• Tina BeckerTina Becker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just joined smugMug and realized after trying to figure out how my customer could make a calendar, book or cards that there is no such link. I am disapointed. Hope that you (smugMug) will fulfil this suggestion soon. I take lots of High School Senior photos and would like them to be able to order their invites with the photos I have taken as well and still I would make a profit. Thanks

• JimW396JimW396 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be offered by SmugMug. Our customers want it and we should be able to offer them.

• jj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this needs to be added for smugmug user's customers

• angieangie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice even if we could design them and have them in a gallery they could order. I'd love to sell cards with images from my travels as well. It's crazy this can't be done. I'm checking into zenfolio

• sandy rooneysandy rooney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After the excitement of seeing the photo card announcement, I quickly realized that we didn't get specific enough as a customer. Even though the choices are really excellent, in my opinion, we still need for the customer to be able to order them and not us. The price is easily twice that of any other site, and you have to join smug mug to order them (another fee). I can't think of why someone would pay to join to buy a more expensive card. Costco (where you can get 75 cards for 20$) makes sense but I don't see it otherwise. As a professional and reseller it doesn't add up. I don't like sending out images to customers and this is a way to keep them on site. Sometimes lowering the price has a huge impact on your income. It goes up. Family portraits and photo cards go together, but there is only so much people are willing to pay.

• laurarhoadeslaurarhoades commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm sure it would be complicated, but I'd love an even stronger partnership with TinyPrints where customers could select from any of their designs, put in one or more photos from their SmugMug gallery, and make one purchase that pays TinyPrints for the card, me for the use of the photo and SmugMug for their 15% fee.

You guys have some great card designs, but clients really do want to order cards themselves, and from a greater variety of choices! Thanks!

• Shawn KrausShawn Kraus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What more needs to be said. I think customers would love this feature and hope it comes to fruition soon.

• Donald HightDonald Hight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I ran into this problem today. I have my 1st customer since joining SmugMug and she loves the pictures and wants to order Christmas cards but can't. She is also buying prints directley from my SmugMug site but really wanted the cards too without having to pay a fee to join SmugMug. She has no use for a SmugMug account just to order some Christmas cards.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base