I suggest you ...

User email distribution list that notifies user when new pictures are added to a gallery

I would like the ability to set up an email distribution list for individual galleries. Whenever new pictures are added, an email is sent to the distribution list. This would be very helpful for pictures I post that family and friends are interested in seeing.

724 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ChrisChris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Damon LeslieDamon Leslie shared a merged idea: new upload alerts for specific galleries for specific contacts  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: enable invitees to subscribe to a sharegroup so that they can receive automatic updates when new content is added  ·   · 
    David KreigerDavid Kreiger shared a merged idea: Subscription Options For Followers Of Your Gallery  ·   · 
    rpearce12rpearce12 shared a merged idea: Send emails alerting of New Galleries  ·   · 
    boliverboliver shared a merged idea: create a way to have automatic emails sent to people on a contact list, with the webpage link...  ·   · 
    MBMB shared a merged idea: Add automatic notifications to galleries as they are updated  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Mailing List Sign-up  ·   · 
    Gideon GabrielGideon Gabriel shared a merged idea: Allow emailing a group of people every time the gallery is updated (like Google Picasa does)  ·   · 
    leofoto123leofoto123 shared a merged idea: Add "follow your favorites" feature  ·   · 
    Hugo GarciaHugo Garcia shared a merged idea: Ability for visitors to subscribe to site and receive txt/email notification when site is updated.  ·   · 

48 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RickRick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would translate in to more revenue for Smugmug as well! A method to capture and/or "opt in" to a notification/distribution list would be a plus plus!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be nice to notify my customers if a new gallery has been added to a particular folder. Great idea.

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I start promoting to accounts months in advance of a session. Using a system like Mailchimp and a signup system allows me to send an email once the photos are online but... and as *** Wee Herman once said, "...and that's a big but" automatic email notification would be incredible. I was with Photoreflect years ago and they had that feature built in from the get-go. Yes, put it in. No brainer.

• Lisa KempLisa Kemp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea. I would like users to be able to sign up for this notification themselves. Would need to give them opt-out ability as well when they receive the email.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree! Just basic funtionality of being to create and maintain a distribution would be a big help! Email notification would be awesome!

• Jason YehJason Yeh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How does this not exist already??

I also tried to connect feedburner to the RSS feed and it hasn't worked for me. Maybe user error, but you shouldn't have to do that to get updates.

• Stephen McGrathStephen McGrath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's difficult to explain my move to SmugMug to my photo friends and followers, as they are all upset that they will no longer receive an email when new photos are added to my account, as they do now in Flickr. The amount of pressure I am receiving from them to stay at Flickr has me seriously considering doing so. SmugMug must include email subscription to an account (not just a gallery) in order to satisfy viewers.

• Pam BellPam Bell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have an ez way to a distribution list made up of all the emails sent out in the present year. That way, when it comes time to offer a promo for the holidays, it could be easily pulled up and the promo info sent out. Thanks!

• Leroy PettisLeroy Pettis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be nice if visitors can "op in or op out" with their email. This can be added to the downloadable spreadsheet.

• Matt WinerMatt Winer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well I have an idea... it's certainly not a solution to the lack of data mining. But... what I've started doing is creating a holding gallery with an image that says "coming soon". Then I drop a wufoo form at the top of it that says "enter your email to be notified when pictures are available". It's a dirty fix for PART of the issue. but not a solution.

• David AndersonDavid Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like the ability to export the the registration information so that we can create distribution emails for various purposes, and for creating contact lists, etc... Unfortunately, the only current way that we can get the email information is to click on the share email button in the event list for each and every user :( We also support the original idea that managing events could be much better if we had the ability to allow users to register their email for notification of availability...

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base