I suggest you ...

Disallow Screenshots Of Our Images Using Cell Phones

People taking screenshots of our photos is a huge problem. SmugMug needs to do more to combat this problem. Watermarks work great, but so many people don't care about them. Plus, there's apps and software that remove watermarks. I don't know how many times I have seen someone post on social media a screenshot of a photo of themselves from my website.
I know there is technology with some apps, and I'm pretty sure websites as well, that don't allow your cell phone to take a screenshot. This technology needs to be applied to our SmugMug websites.

65 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dieter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, the GREENSHOT app allows for capture of any part of a screen.
        Not sure if SM can do anything about this.

• Kenneth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This probably won't happen. You would have to convince Apple and Google (not SmugMug) to build a solution into their browsers that web developers can then implement on their sites, and I bet it would be immediately rejected because implications for screenshot prevention would stretch far beyond this intended purpose.

Your best bet is to inform your customers of copyright law and issue cease and desists if they ignore it. Or you can disallow your clients' unsupervised access to the digital images until they purchase the rights.

Feedback and Knowledge Base