I suggest you ...

More gallery levels.

Now you can only create 3 levels of galleries: Category > Sub category >Gallery >photos.
Make it possible to have at least one more level of galleries, or why not as many as you need.

1,437 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ulla Huhta shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

282 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Shannon M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah and now we're stuck with 6! How the **** is this a HUGE improvement?! This isn't even complete this is a half imporvement from 3 to 6 levels Zenfolio has the ability to create 10-20 levels if I really were that insane. (but in some situations I do need more than 5 folders)

• Thelip Thelip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As far as the new smugmug, TOI on here's how you did it in the legacy and here's how you do it in new would have been helpful.

• Jetranger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The cost for this was losing the Full Screen Slideshow on the home page and having ads put onto the footer of every screen.

Too high a price. Staying with Legacy.

• David Terry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Finally. :)

Now if we can get the bugs worked out of the new smugmug so that we can turn it on. (hopefully not long now)

• goldentwig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm so very grateful that this issue is now resolved so that people will stop constantly complaining on this thread!!!

I am VERY excited about the new Smugmug!! :-D Thank you Smug Heroes for all of your extremely hard work! It was definitely worth the wait (no matter how impatient some people are)!! I appreciate everything you've given us to work with and love that we can customize it to be whatever WE want it to be now! :)

• Marilyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In having at least one more sub-category, it would allow to make the site neater for our customer and others to navigate the site. They would be able to pick and choose where to go quicker.
        I hope that are taking a look into it. I know, it sounds easier to do than what it actually is. Something for the future :-)

• Trey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More bumps. I'd like to remind you guys at smugmug, a supposedly customer oriented company, that your customer top suggestion has been on file now for over 3 years and 8 months. You've released numerous apps and fluff in the mean time. You've said "soon" over and over and completely ignored our pleas for information on the issue both publicly and in private.

As a result I have zero faith in smugmug, do not trust their employees, and have no hesitation whatsoever in shying people away from smugmug and citing this thread in the process.

• David Terry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has been nearly 4 months since Michael popped in here and said, and I quote: "I can tell you we are working on it everyday, and as I stated, the development is coming along nicely."

Four months of working on it every day and coming along nicely ... I sure hope we're getting close.

• Scott Lagos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This limitation is also impacting my use of the site and how I present galleries to my customers. Is there an estimated time of delivery as to when the feature to allow additional levels will become available, if at all?

In the meantime has anyone come up with any creative approaches to this dilemma? Do share.

• RJ Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just got started with Smugmug and have already run into the subcategory issue. Please resolve this soon. I need at least 2 more levels. Please hurry...

• Steeve Vanengeland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Started since more than 2 years and still no result... I'm not sure to renew my subscription next time if nothing happens! Zenfolio has that kind of architecture with unlimited levels and password protected levels, so...

• Joe Drago commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am considering SmugMug as my photography site. Glad I found this discussion so I can see how management reacts to requests from the User group. I will follow this closely to see if a resolution is made. Hopefully something will happen before I make my decision to join.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A ridiculous limitation for a professional site. Probably would be OK for my family photos but it quickly becomes limiting for everything else. I need at least 5 levels and maybe six. Even adding one more is probably too restrictive. Zenfolio uses folders that allow unllimited nested levels. Although I like the customization of Smugmug better, I can't live with this limitation and will have to take a ****** look at Zenfolio.

• Külli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree, this is a very needed feature. I have exactly the same problem as Rob Herrera has. Please, could you give some info, are you guys at least working on gallery levels and is it going to happen this year?

• FabFierceFotoger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been my number one request for a while. I believe the lack of this feature is hurting my sales and site organization is one of the KEY elements of ease of use. PLEASE hurry!

• Rob Herrera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find myself needing just this very suggestion due to a shoot this past weekend.

I already have a "Sports" category and a "Gymnastics" sub-category, but need the option to create one more level for "Meet Name"---->"Session #1 (2, 3, 4, etc)---->photos

The meet lasted about 9 hrs and we shot almost 5,000 images so it would be easier for the parents just to be able to browse by session, not to mention easier to maintain.

I know I can just create 6 galleries like "Meet name - Session 1", "Meet name - Session 2", "Meet name -Session 3", etc but it's just not as tidy :-/

• Trey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Anonymous: What's the point of having your own suggestion thread if you attempt to hijack others?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base