I suggest you ...

improve SEO

Smugmug does an okay job with SEO, but there are some things that are missing that either I am not finding or Smugmug is not aware/does not care about. Some of these are advanced SEO tools, but it is ludicrous to me that they do not exist even as options to customers who are familiar with some basic coding.

1. Accelerated Mobile Pages to be compliant with Google (AMP) - or at least a way to customize websites for mobile view. My website ends up scrambled when I try and customize for mobile.

2. Canonical Tags

3. Work with GoDaddy to setup 301 re-directs (e.g. domain.smugmug.com points to https://www.domain.com)

4. Ability to set the language of a website

5. Option to add custom alt text to images (currently Google is not recognizing my alt text, and they announced awhile back that auto-tagging can be traced and is bad for SEO.) Note: I am NOT referring to captions or image titles. I am referring only to the verbiage that is automatically added into the <alt> tag.

-OR-

6. Make at least SOME of the source code more customizable, or offer an advanced site design option to users with access to source code.

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)