I suggest you ...

Allow geotagging ("edit geography") of multiple photos on one screen

At the moment I can only geotag photos one at a time; I have to open each picture first, then select the 'edit geography' link. I would like to be able to geotag multiple photos on one screen, as in the 'edit caption / keyword' feature for muliple images. Even better would be if I could just copy and paste coordinates for multiple images from an Excel spreadsheet. Geotagging images is my most time consuming operation in smugmug at present!

366 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Danilo HeggDanilo Hegg shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Allow multiple pics to be "mapped" at once  ·   · 
    Rob McIntyreRob McIntyre shared a merged idea: I would love it if you could find a way to allow geotaging of multiple images or entire gallery's!  ·   · 
    AntonAnton shared a merged idea: add Edit geography on tools-Manyphoto-More  ·   · 
    mikaphotographiemikaphotographie shared a merged idea: Allow Bulk GoogleMap edit  ·   · 
    MauiIsTheBest.comMauiIsTheBest.com shared a merged idea: Add GPS / geotagging option for an entire Gallery at once in addition to individual photo.  ·   · 
    bongestrellabongestrella shared a merged idea: allow the "Edit Geography" to process by batch  ·   · 
    sameer chavansameer chavan shared a merged idea: multi photo location , Geo tag edit  ·   · 
    sjrnazsjrnaz shared a merged idea: Let users 'edit geography' in bulk at the gallery level in Settings and during gallery creation.  ·   · 
    Christopher NoyesChristopher Noyes shared a merged idea: Add Geotag button to Gallery and apply as default  ·   · 
    Johan KarlsteenJohan Karlsteen shared a merged idea: Allow bulk geotagging  ·   · 

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly what I'm looking for. Looks like no one has looked into this. How many votes does it take for a feature to get implemented?

• Image South East UKImage South East UK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's true that it can now all be done in Lightroom 4 or 5 - the upload to SmugMug works well for me too. Please ignore my earlier request. ImageSouthEast.

• Jay ThomasJay Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add some form of bulk geotagging. The one at a time really does not work in my work flow.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature! The fact that it's not currently possible means that I will not be signing up for SmugMug after my free trial ends.

• Kim McAvoyKim McAvoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd also like to be able to edit the existing tag on an image, rather than having to start the whole tagging process from the start. The 'Edit Geography' option should show where an existing tag is and allow you to move it to a correct place, rather than finding where it has to go right from the start.

• GalarinaGalarina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know I've already commented on this thread (15 months ago) to promote my GeoLogTag app, but I just want to mention that since a couple of weeks there is also an iPad version available. The app has native support for geotagging SmugMug photos.

http://www.galarina.eu/geologtag

I really don't want to spam this thread, but I'm convinced that GeoLogTag is worth looking at if you already have an iPhone and/or iPad.

• Rob McIntyreRob McIntyre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have this feature as well. Either to geotag an entire gallery or by multiple photos! Please!

• Russell WebsterRussell Webster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3 for geotagging multiple photos and libraries. Geotagging one-by-one is taking an age on a slow internet connection!

• Image South East UKImage South East UK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Danilo but would like to add a map interface so that you can pinpoint a photo location on the map and have it transferred into the photo EXIF GPS data fields.

• GalarinaGalarina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm the developer of the iPhone geotagging app GeoLogTag. Yesterday I submitted a new version to Apple that includes native SmugMug geotagging support.
        In short, GeoLogTag tracks your location while you take photos (with any digital camera). Once the photos are uploaded to SmugMug, GeoLogTag geotags the photos.
        If everything goes well, the version with SmugMug support will be available in the App Store by the end of next week.

Chris.

http://www.galarina.eu/GeoLogTag/Home.html
        http://twitter.com/GalarinaDev

• StanStan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Mapping an entire gallery would be useful, too."
        ditto!...it would be very useful..and looking for the way to do that is how I ended up on this thread.

• BoatguyBoatguy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this would be better accomplished by doing the metadata tagging and geocoding offline (e.g., Photo Mechanic, Lightroom, etc.), then sync that metadata with SM.

• RedJRedJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really want to use the cool built-in mapping feature of SmugMug but, because of the large number of photos that are already uploaded to my SmugMug account, that feature won't get used unless I can retro-actively set locations to multiple photos at a time.

• RogerRoger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree we need a way to map, or easily copy coordinates to, multiple photos. Mapping an entire gallery would be useful, too. A screen similar to the bulk caption/keyword screen that shows the 3 coordinate fields could do this, and could then update to Google one at a time (which I assume is the current restriction).

Like others, I now geotag in my software prior to uploading, but have many older photos without tags simply because it would take too long.

It would also be useful if the map on the homepage would only show 1 photo per gallery as part of the 150 pin or 200 photo limit.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base