I suggest you ...

Support rotating 360 degree or spherical panoramas

There are a few websites that allow uploading 360 degree or spherical panoramas. I'd really like to have them on smugmug! Ideally the possibility of uploading interactive panoramas created for Flash and java viewers, or even better, a smugmug viewer with smugmug quality (a dream!) and all we need to upload is a seamless 360 degree .jpeg file...

452 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Danilo Hegg shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

82 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Smugmug should be able to display 360° photos such as from Ricoh Theta and other popular 360 cameras. Facebook does. But who here wants to post on Facebook?

• Matthew Hine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any thoughts on this from SmugMug? I think it's becoming more and more clear that photosphere shooting is here to stay. I'm coming to the point where I would seriously consider different gallery hosting if they offered really slick 360° presentation along with good traditional photo presentation.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like this feature and would make sense to keep in line with progressing technology. I see in the near future this will be a deciding factor to remain with SmugMug as this is where content is shifting towards.

• Looking4LA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add my voice to this chorus. I just started using an Insta360 Air camera.

I need the ability to post 360, click and drag, panoramas to Smugmug.

This is for work, not for social media.

When can we expect support for 360?

• Stoney Meagher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to host 360 virtual tours on my smugmug account. Will this be added anytime soon?

Flickr and Facebook support 360 photos/ videos. Smugmug should keep up with the times and make this functionality available asap. Otherwise you risk losing members to Flickr.

• Chuck Solie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Requesting again now that i'm shooting some 360 degree images, and i have to post them on Facebook instead of here where the rest of my photos are.

Smugmug needs to catch up to Facebook (and others). The availability to share my 360 pictures would be wonderful.

• Haru commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Smugmug is so great for photos. I can't understand, why smugmug have not 360 degree photos. See Flickr...

I have just begun using my 360 camera, and need to be able to share these photos with other members of my groups.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base