I suggest you ...

LET US BE ABLE TO SELL VIDEOS, PLEASE, open-up the possibilities !!!

The difinition of the videos with Smugmug if so amazing probably the best HD on the marcket of video-site, unleash the possibilities for you (smugmug) and for creative people to expose their wok and sell it.

MOST WANTED :) Thank's Mika

373 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mikaphotographiemikaphotographie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    PierreFWalterPierreFWalter shared a merged idea: I had requested the feature to sell digital photos and videos when I was a PRO member for almost a year with you. Now it's there:)  ·   · 
    DougDoug shared a merged idea: Develop something for video sales in addition to photo sales (HD, SD, web sizes)  ·   · 
    SteveSteve shared a merged idea: I want to sale videos, do add purchase functionality for videos..there is money there!  ·   · 
    kelly klinekelly kline shared a merged idea: The ability to sell videos  ·   · 
    Steffi SmithSteffi Smith shared a merged idea: Please add the sale of videos  ·   · 

95 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As much as my clients love beautiful photographs they always ask of they can have a disk with all the images. Now I include the disk in the pricing. It means extra time buying disks, labeling, burning, making sure the disk runs. I would love to simply have the client order the disk when they order prints. I also do video productions and have requests for them on disks. It would be great to be able to send the video link to Smug Mug and let the clients order the disk directly from Smug Mug.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As I was browsing the web to determine which site I would like to use for my photography business, I really felt confident with choosing "SmugMug" but once I learned DVD/CD's weren't available for customer purchase, that was such a big let down for me because DVD/CD are highly recommended in this market at this time. SmugMug please add DVD/CD's!!

• PierreFWalterPierreFWalter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have the best helpdesk, and most easy to handle that I have seen in my now 15 years of Internet experience. All my compliments.
        – Pierre

• Rex Rex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I mean smugmug burn the disc before mail out.. not download.. DVD or Blu-Ray

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for the added feature. A few questions.

1. Would there be a feature for Pay-Per-View option in the future?

2. Could videos have proof feature as photos? This would allow
        producer to maybe upload short trailer initially. Once clip was purchased, producer could upload full clip while in proof state.

• RickBRickB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Sony a580 takes great video clips and the newspaper I shoot for uses the links for the events I cover. It would be great if I could sell other videos to my photography customers.

• PhilPhil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Nikon camera and also GOPRO camera allows for great video clips to be produced. I think people would buy for their iphones etc. How close is the feature?

• photobugphotobug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to shoot and sell dance recitals on DVDs. Nowadays it's more appropriate to sell video clips so people can put them on youtube or cellphones.

• Shawn TeagueShawn Teague commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ACK! I'm REALLY needing the ability to sell videos and I just assumed I could through my smugmug site. I didn't see any kind of warning that I couldn't and I now have my foot firmly in my mouth. Please make this a possibility for us!

• jafishjafish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see this feature - I use the video service primarily to produce educational tutorials and would love to use SmugMug to sell access some videos that I'd consider more valuable. This would also really set SmugMug apart from other personal video services.

• Neil R. ThompsonNeil R. Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Selling video downloads or DVDs of files (as we do with pictures) would be GREAT. It would keep us from having to answer tat question over and over and over... Thanks!

• James CallasJames Callas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

with cameras that take videos along with pictures it would be so cool to be able to sell the videos also.

• Carolyn HimesCarolyn Himes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to resell videos specifically if you have a RESELLER Account with Animoto. And it's a logical way to add a revenue stream to existing photography. Thanks, please consider!

• Rex Rex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi I am Events @ School Sport Photographer and many people asked me WHY NOT YOU SELL DVD SOMETHING LIKE THAT. i think its cool if you add to sales DVD or Blu-Ray for some fee and send to them.

• Jim KnightsJim Knights commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I definitely see videos, and clips as a source of new revenue for SMUGMUG as well as myself. My videos are being used right now to help set up draqracing cars. as my wife and I are dragracing photographers...
        Jim

• SparkySparky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Videos would add so much to Smug Mug and it's users! More visibility and more sales!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base