I suggest you ...

Let us define the settings for Event Favorites Galleries

Create a Parent Child Folder Relationship with Event Gallery Favorites

I deliver 1000 images to couples, their family member and vendors using the Events System. Through this system, I set the parent galleries to allow for downloading the images using a no password because passwords don't work.

When the clients then make a list of their favorite 100 plus images, smugmug creates a new Events gallery in the Events Folder. The Events folder settings defaults to basic Smugmug gallery settings (making the gallery searchable and public) and changing the download settings so that you cannot download the images. As a result, once the gallery is created, my clients have to contact me to set up the settings for this newly created gallery to enable them to download their images. (I have also set the Event Folder Gallery to apply the download settings to all galleries within the folder, however, whenever a new gallery is created the settings still default to the main default settings of Smugmug...making the gallery public and preventing downloading.

This is becoming frustrating for clients and myself as I have requests coming in daily from multiple users for all of my weddings.

Is it possible that Smugmug could allow programming of newly created events galleries to take on the parent setting of the Events Folder which is set up to allow for downloading? Or to take on the parent settings of the galleries in which the favorites are created from? This would be great as I would not have to be setting up each gallery when each client creates a favorite, and it would be a lot less hassle if this clients didn't have to contact me to adjust the galleries each time a favorite gallery is created. Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rayan Anastor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base