or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SteveSteve shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    MelodieMelodie shared a merged idea: create an app for android phones.  ·   · 
    Devang  BhuvaDevang Bhuva shared a merged idea: app for the android phones to upload pictures and videos directly from phone to smugmug account  ·   · 
    simon igielniksimon igielnik shared a merged idea: create and/or support an android app  ·   · 

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andrew AulettaAndrew Auletta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+If you close the application and the category radio button is selected, it should open the next time with the category selection. Or, at the very least, there should be a way to configure the app to automatically open as categories or galleries.

• Mitch BaxterMitch Baxter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 on a request for an Android app. It's a killer platform, and I'd love to be able to create and add to galleries from my PDA.

Loving SmugMug too - I'm a recent subscriber.

• SMooSMoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Android is definitely catching up to if not surpassing iPhone. Need an Android specific SmugMug app. And, yes, I use JustPictures for now.

• nxthreenxthree commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely needed! I'd love to have the ability to take pictures and have them automatically upload to Smugmug. Emailing can be tedious and slow.

• PhilSPhilS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my vote for a true SmugMug app. Another one out is SmugBot - have not tried -- but would trust more an app issued by SmugMug for SmugMug. Draw up the specs, give it to a bunch of young programmers with plenty of Mountain Dew and they will have it for you in a week..

• Rom SrinivasanRom Srinivasan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be happy if the HTML5 slideshow worked on Android phones like it does on on Iphones. The whole point of HTML5 is that you don't have to write something multiple times for different OS's and since SmugMug has already created an HTML5 slideshow, it shouldn't be too hard to enable it for Android phones since they use the same core browser (webkit) as Iphones.

• Devang  BhuvaDevang Bhuva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am actually shocked that SmugMug that has generally been ahead of the curve on development seems to be falling behind especially when they have paid customers. Perhaps it is time to look for new alternatives...I hope not! Let's go smugmug

• simon igielniksimon igielnik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

not so fast -- my new evo (android) using /m/ will only display 3 or 4 photos in > or < mode before displaying "digital image" instead the photo.

• Andy WilliamsAndy Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the suggestion! In the meantime, be sure to append /m to your site url and you can browse the site quite nicely on Android.

• desmonddesmond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that an official SmugMug app would be nice. I am using a free Android app called "JustPictures!" that works really well with Smugmug. Give it a shot if you're interested.
        http://code.google.com/p/justpictures/

I'd rather have smugmug devs focus on the many many feature requests that are still pending... (still waiting on basic stuff like "arrange" for virtual copies!)

• Frank SiebertFrank Siebert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was very surprised to find no SmugMug Android app for my new HTC Desire. Have been a SmugMug user for many years but due to this will now probably look elsewhere to host my photos due to lack of development on this issue.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base