I suggest you ...

Music makes everything better!

Being able to upload songs for viewers to play for each gallery can set the mood for each different photoshoot you are presenting.

484 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    shannashanna shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Jim BurkeJim Burke shared a merged idea: allow us to tie music together with photos...and if people want to buy the music, link them to the site where they can purchase it.  ·   · 
    RickRick shared a merged idea: Allow music to be played while viewing pictures. Can put people in a transcendent mood.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add a music embedded music option for slideshows.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I would like to have the ability to add music to the website. This would be a great feature! Thanks!  ·   · 
    GregGreg shared a merged idea: Add the ability to play music in slideshows  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: WE NEED MUSIC!!!  ·   · 
    IraIra shared a merged idea: HTML to play music at subscriber other webspace  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: MUSIC  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Having an option to add music to the website/slideshow.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: add music to the slide show function in SmugMug like Phanfare does  ·   · 
    TimTim shared a merged idea: Can you make it so we can add music to a gallery? Would be pretty cool.  ·   · 
    NEILNEIL shared a merged idea: MAKE IT EASY TO ADD MUSIC TO A PHOTO ALBUM. CUT AND PASTE A CUT FROM MY FILES  ·   · 
    Ursula DubrickUrsula Dubrick shared a merged idea: Offering a choice of music to go with viewing of photographs might be nice  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: make music available with slidedshows and videos  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Allow for music files to be uploaded to Smugmug so that we can play a song while viewing a photo album in slideshow or manual mode  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Allow users to add music to a particular Gallery that plays with the slideshow view option  ·   · 
    BilliBilli shared a merged idea: Music  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: add MP3 uploading capabilities  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: audio as found in Zenfolio  ·   · 
    Colleen SoudanColleen Soudan shared a merged idea: Music uploads to our site  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Easier music embedding  ·   · 
    Steve ZwillingerSteve Zwillinger shared a merged idea: Add music as a possibility for slideshow view  ·   · 
    tjosephtjoseph shared a merged idea: Integrate Streaming Audio Services (Pandora)  ·   · 
    Shannon FieckeShannon Fiecke shared a merged idea: enable users to add audio tracks to their photo slideshows  ·   · 
    Gary LeonardGary Leonard shared a merged idea: Add music to shared galleries  ·   · 

86 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • IraIra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have requested nothing more than what I was able to do with Legacy SmugMug. That is via a bit of HTML at the Gallery, link to mp3 that I have at other webspace

How SmugMug does not see this as a MAJOR void in New SmugMug is beyond my comprehension. Offering other music features in addition to what we had would be good also.

It's simply boring to look at a slide show with music. If the viewer does not like to hear it, they can mute it.

When the feature I described is ported to New Smugmug I will move over. Until then, no way!

• wilwil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For a paid photo sharing service, I see music as a basic / given feature. Please add this feature ASAP.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please pay attention to these comments and the votes and work on givi g us what we are asking for, specially Music OPTIONAL. all the other sites have it, I dont see whats so hard about adding it.
        the awesome feature your working on should be MUSIC!!!

• Jim BurkeJim Burke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to upload my own music. In fact. If Smugmug was smart, they would make a deal with iTunes or some other music service to use their music in exchange for placing a link on the page to purchase the music the viewers are listening to and make it a profit deal. Come on Smugmug, get innovative.

• Brett RossBrett Ross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have shown my clients their Wedding Photos in my Gallery on Smugmug and they love it, smile and say WOW! .... I have then shown them the same pictures in a Video with the appropriate song (usually the song they danced to at their wedding), and they Cry.... ! ... and then I say WOW! ... need we say more?!

Come on SmugMug ... you guys are great at what you do ... lets work TOGETHER and bring music, and that sentimental touch, to everyone.

• GaryGary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keep it high on your list. It is really great for non-business-to-business applications. Check out how Phanfare did it. It was pretty slick.

• robertrobert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would even be a attraction just to get traffic & networking, that song that makes a difference in ppl lives... & breaking the smiles on their face viewing the moments captured... please A.S.A.P.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have this as an optional feature. I think it can add so much to a photography website and really set the mood for clients looking through your work. I'm shocked it is still not an option.

• Ben LBen L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To agree with several other posters - Oh God no!

Phillip Thomas put it best:

"One argument is that folks should be able to make their pages the way they want to.

HOWEVER, it WILL reflect (poorly) on SmugMug as a whole if web audiences see smugmg-branded pages that are ANNOYING AS **** (in which category I would put *ALL* web pages that automatically start music).

I don't see any place to post a "NO" vote... but I would certainly cast mine in that direction (unless there was some way to give folks the option to add music in such a way that it is NEVER played unsolicited).

Really, though, if you want to create annoying pages like that, just use something besides smugmug."

I could not agree more. All webpages that play music automatically are extremely annoying and in very bad taste, which would reflect poorly on the SmugMug community as a whole.

• Brice D. Gray DeylacBrice D. Gray Deylac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A good way to add music, is to simply add a video ! Record your music on a video, even with a beautiful fixed picture, and upload it to youtube or vimeo, and you can set it to play auto, or not and put where you want in your gallery... For me, it solves my problem for now, waiting for the same for soundcloud, or a embedded mp3 player.

• EdEd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Music, music, music! A wonderful option that would make Smugmug even better. I post my slideshows on the site and direct visitors to them I would love to be able to have them enjoy a slideshow with music. Please make it happen! Thanks.

• Sarah Jane MuirheadSarah Jane Muirhead commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Smugmug please have music as an option. Its difficult trying to make a living so we need all options available. Thanks you.

• S|ES|E commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need music available for the site, this will help some photographers who's work is inspired by music, helps people get a better feel about photos.

• TagsTags commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not perfect, but I've just worked around the lack of this feature. You can customise the look and feel of any gallery - when you are editing this you can add content to the page; I added a YouTube video of the music I wanted, set it to autoplay and then reduced the size so that it was small enough not to intrude.

As I say, far from perfect.

• Anastasia BAnastasia B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm surprised SmugMug still doesn't have this option! I'm a Pro member and would expect that to be a given, a bit disappointing, especially since I've decided to redesign my website and migrate hosting to SmugMug.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base