I suggest you ...

Music makes everything better!

Being able to upload songs for viewers to play for each gallery can set the mood for each different photoshoot you are presenting.

388 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    shannashanna shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    TimTim shared a merged idea: Can you make it so we can add music to a gallery? Would be pretty cool.  ·   · 
    Ursula DubrickUrsula Dubrick shared a merged idea: Offering a choice of music to go with viewing of photographs might be nice  ·   · 
    BilliBilli shared a merged idea: Music  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: add MP3 uploading capabilities  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: audio as found in Zenfolio  ·   · 
    Colleen SoudanColleen Soudan shared a merged idea: Music uploads to our site  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Easier music embedding  ·   · 
    Steve ZwillingerSteve Zwillinger shared a merged idea: Add music as a possibility for slideshow view  ·   · 
    Gary LeonardGary Leonard shared a merged idea: Add music to shared galleries  ·   · 

69 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TagsTags commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not perfect, but I've just worked around the lack of this feature. You can customise the look and feel of any gallery - when you are editing this you can add content to the page; I added a YouTube video of the music I wanted, set it to autoplay and then reduced the size so that it was small enough not to intrude.

As I say, far from perfect.

• Anastasia BAnastasia B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm surprised SmugMug still doesn't have this option! I'm a Pro member and would expect that to be a given, a bit disappointing, especially since I've decided to redesign my website and migrate hosting to SmugMug.

• laurielaurie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Music that plays with a slideshow is the ONLY thing missing from SmugMug- with it, and you guys are AMAZING!!!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update as it when Smugmug will allow embedding music/audio files to the new Smugmug design?

• Aimee RadicAimee Radic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the comments below. Although, I am disappointed in the amount of anonymous opinions here.... I would like the option to add music to my homepage. It adds a certain "touch" that puts me above my biggest competitor in this area (website-wise).

Please let me know what I need to do (as a PAYING customer) to allow such a thing.

Thank you
        Aimee

For the love of "music" please ADD music option to smug mug PLEASSSSSE!!!
        Wont renew with smug mug if it isnt added

all the other hosting websites allow it, and especially for us that PAY TO HAVE A WEBSITE, it should be offered

• jeremiahjeremiah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm surprised that there aren't more people requesting this considering the number of professional photographers' websites that utilize audio tracks.

Regardless, I think it is an option for those who want it.

• Jacob LucasJacob Lucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would very much like to be able to add an audio track to a slideshow I'm preparing. The HTML widget on the new SmugMug seems to prevent use of object and embed tags to allow audio to be added.

Please fix this. We should be able to have control on adding audio or not. Thanks!

• EverettEverett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have the option to play music in the background on my website. I would like the music to play continuously without interruption even when I go from page to page. There should also be an option to "auto play" and "loop" the music. I hope this can be implemented very soon.

• Brett RossBrett Ross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too would like to put music in the background of my pictures ... and as far as I can see, many other photographers as well! ... so SM, I think it is time that you now post your own reply to our suggestion and state "when" it will happen ... like this ... I'll start it off for you...

"Dear Loyal NEW SMUGMUG customers. We've listened to all of your wonderful and creative suggestions and we are now pleased to announce that "MUSIC is in the air, and it is now SMUGMUG bound!", so as of (date *** very soon!) you can now hear your choice of music soothingly playing behind your creative galleries! ...

get the idea??!!

Thanks in advance.

• marciemarcie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to request that you add the ability to have music playing as part of a smugmug website. Not only would I love to have music on one of my pages, I have a musician client whose music has been given to me to use. Please do consider adding this feature. It is my understanding that it was a possibility in legacy, and cannot begin to fathom why you would take it away. Thank you.

• robertrobert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with shanna, other websites have the feature of uploading music to their site. It's definitely a tone setter for marketing.. people love music & it engages them into looking @ the full website sometimes because of listening to music.. supply & demand.

• IraIra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is simple - The ability to play music at some other site was a feature of the Legacy Smugmug. We should not need to request this. It should have been released with "New Smugmug" on day one! The person making decisions about New Smugmug content simply has no idea how music adds to a slideshow.

So everyone knows how it is done in Legacy:

Insert the following html commands in the "gallery description"

<html>
        <p align="right">
        <embed src="http://www.your.site.com/nameofmusic.mp3"; width="144" height="45" autostart="true" loop="true" />
        </P>
        </html>
        </P>

I won't use New SM until I can do as I did in old Legacy.

• BertoBerto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Smug Mug, please heavily consider adding music to your galleries, we are getting flooded from our clients that other photographers are adding music to their gallerys. Now I understand you guys just made a major upgrade, but you still need to keep up with other sites like Zenfolio where you can add music and at a cheaper yearly price. I cannot see us staying with a service that does not offer this feature when my clients are specifically requesting it. We have to stay competitive in our Market in order to win our lions share of the business, so please consider adding it soon!

• ColinColin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Legacy site is all about bird photography and in addition, as a point of difference to the majority of similar sites, I have the bird sounds included per photo as an audio embed HTML instruction within the photo caption. This has been working very well, just click on the player start button if you wish to hear the bird call.

The new Smugmug does not allow audio to be embedded, in fact it doesn't allow music at all!
        Please re-introduce this feature - the ability to add audio at different levels, be it per gallery, slideshow or individual photo.
        I cannot see myself going forward with Smugmug without this component.
        Thanks,
        Colin.
        www.wildbirdsofaustralia.com.au
        Colin.

• BillBill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very pleased with the new SmugMug BUT!!!! I can't add music to one of my galleries as before!!!! This is very important because I have a special gallery where the sound track is very important to advertise the work. I must say I am very disappointed this feature was removed from the "New SmugMug"!!

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base