I suggest you ...

Music makes everything better!

Being able to upload songs for viewers to play for each gallery can set the mood for each different photoshoot you are presenting.

544 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    shannashanna shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add Music to gallery viewing for customers!  ·   · 
    IraIra shared a merged idea: Link to customer music site  ·   · 
    Cozmic DaveCozmic Dave shared a merged idea: please make it possible asap to upload audio files  ·   · 
    Jim BurkeJim Burke shared a merged idea: allow us to tie music together with photos...and if people want to buy the music, link them to the site where they can purchase it.  ·   · 
    RickRick shared a merged idea: Allow music to be played while viewing pictures. Can put people in a transcendent mood.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add a music embedded music option for slideshows.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I would like to have the ability to add music to the website. This would be a great feature! Thanks!  ·   · 
    GregGreg shared a merged idea: Add the ability to play music in slideshows  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: WE NEED MUSIC!!!  ·   · 
    IraIra shared a merged idea: HTML to play music at subscriber other webspace  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: MUSIC  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Having an option to add music to the website/slideshow.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: add music to the slide show function in SmugMug like Phanfare does  ·   · 
    TimTim shared a merged idea: Can you make it so we can add music to a gallery? Would be pretty cool.  ·   · 
    NEILNEIL shared a merged idea: MAKE IT EASY TO ADD MUSIC TO A PHOTO ALBUM. CUT AND PASTE A CUT FROM MY FILES  ·   · 
    Ursula DubrickUrsula Dubrick shared a merged idea: Offering a choice of music to go with viewing of photographs might be nice  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: make music available with slidedshows and videos  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Allow for music files to be uploaded to Smugmug so that we can play a song while viewing a photo album in slideshow or manual mode  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Allow users to add music to a particular Gallery that plays with the slideshow view option  ·   · 
    BilliBilli shared a merged idea: Music  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: add MP3 uploading capabilities  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: audio as found in Zenfolio  ·   · 
    Colleen SoudanColleen Soudan shared a merged idea: Music uploads to our site  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Easier music embedding  ·   · 
    Steve ZwillingerSteve Zwillinger shared a merged idea: Add music as a possibility for slideshow view  ·   · 
    tjosephtjoseph shared a merged idea: Integrate Streaming Audio Services (Pandora)  ·   · 
    Shannon FieckeShannon Fiecke shared a merged idea: enable users to add audio tracks to their photo slideshows  ·   · 
    Gary LeonardGary Leonard shared a merged idea: Add music to shared galleries  ·   · 

107 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Christine SnyderChristine Snyder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think this topic is highly contested. It seems to me everyone wants it and you are not able to add it. This should be a priority. I will not purchase this product unless you add it and I am sure there are plenty of people that feel the same. Why would anyone want to watch a slide show that does not have music. It makes no sense.

• LRLR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let us know when this feature becomes available. To play a selection or Juke Box of music is ideal too, Music will enhance our selling power, a win win for every one. We hope you add the technology of sound. Include the feature for any page, photo, gallery, slide show, etc. Thanks in advanced!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shoot Proof does this well! They allow users to add music to their online galleries that really create an emotional connection to the customer and for viewing pleasure!

Sales go up and customers have fun! It's a win win!

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quite simply,I have never created a slide show without a sound track that suits the genre of images being displayed. To be truthful I don't know anyone who has. It's like watching a silent movie, and lets face it that era didn't last long,and was merely due to the limit if the technology at the time. We can't claim that now!!! To me it's a must, not an option. Of course I could create it in one of a dozen other programs like Aperture, Lightroom etc etc, but then that would defeat the one stop shop i so love about SmugMug

Your loyal customer feedback

I would love to have music on my home page and galleries as well. I have found that my customers do enjoy that and having on when visitors open your page adds a little to your pictures they are viewing. All the other websites I have seen so far all have some kind of music option. To make it simple you could just allow for the music to be uploaded as we choose and allow for us to choose where we want it, instead of smugmug coming up with different music options to choose from.

Would love to add music to my homepage as well as my private galleries. I was looking up online how to do it but doesn't appear to be a feature at Smugmug

Music would be nice to display on the home page to enhance the experience a user feels when viewing a portfolio.....

• Shawn KrausShawn Kraus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only music, but the chance to add a sound clip to an image would be nice.
        I use to use the sound feature to add bird sound recordings to my bird images via a link to drop box.
        Think of how nice it would be for grandma to receive a personal message with that wonderful image of her grandchildren.
        I understand that not everyone wants to hear music, but think of the other practical uses that could only enhance the SmugMug experience.
        --Shawn

• Will ParkerWill Parker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have some Vietnam Memorial Photos taken during the Rolling Thunder Bike Rally and I thought it would be really nice to have a song playing behind this gallery. I really like the improvements that have been made to Smugmug, but I wish that adding music was a feature. If you decide to add music though, it would be nice if there was a way to turn it on/off, but again, different people have different content and adding music would be a nice feature.

• John Pierce Jr.John Pierce Jr. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just joined SmugMug and am saddened along with the many who have voted and commented that there is no way to provide mood enhancing music to gallery viewers. It appears that there is high interest from SmugMug users in this being a site enhancing feature and, in my opinon, falls under the "developing an awesome feature that we know will benefit everyone" (my paraphrase of the last ADMIN statement). It would be nice if SM obtained the rights to various types of "easy listening" instrumental music "loops" that would be suitable for images pertaining to the various types of sites on SM featuring such things as weddings, babies, sports, nature, still life, etc. The SM user would be provided a "content" block Music Loop pause/play arrow and the viewer could choose to listen to the music or shut it off. SM having the control over the music loop rights would prevent copyright infringement by illegal SM user uploads. This would be a start and may be a feature that would place SM in the lead of other sites that host and sell art. That's my humble SM newbie opinion and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to share it. :)

• Jeane BreenJeane Breen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After spending days loading my pictures on SmugMug, I find out there is no music component. This is hugely disappointing! WHEN will it be added? Do I need to go back to iPhoto? So Sad!!

• IraIra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be able to play music located at customer owned site via an HTML string. This request is no different than what is possible at Legacy SmugMug.

I don't know how ling it will take you to realize how music adds another dimension and professionalism to a slide show.

I have refrained from changing to new SM because of this omission.

• Rhonda MaritnRhonda Maritn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a musician as well as a photographer. I would like a feature added so I could upload music to my home page. I would not need licensing since it is my own music.

• aaronAdminaaron (Director of Product Management, SmugMug) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@L.A: Although there is a large library of free music content on the internet, almost all of them require some type of license or use agreement to be in place prior to allowing us to play the songs. Partnering with a service that provides this would be one way to do that, yes.

• L.A.L.A. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Aaron,

You said that it would require proper licensing! What kind of licensing would this entail? Couldn't you guys just partner with photofocus.com? Their music is free and legal for individuals who would like to add music to their slideshows. And there are a million other sites just like it.

Please add an option to hear music during slideshow. Especially when viewing on TV via Roku. The slideshow would be much more affective.

• aaronAdminaaron (Director of Product Management, SmugMug) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Allen: There are several blockers for adding music but the biggest one revolves around ensuring proper licensing of music that would be used with the slideshows. We could partner with a 3rd party service, for example, but that requires integration, signing up for an account with the 3rd party, etc.

• AllenAllen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too would like to see SmugMug make background music available for customers slideshows. You say you are concentrating on developing other awesome features, can you tell us why you won't add the music capability at this time?

• Gavin HardyGavin Hardy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually quite shocked that I've just discovered I can't at least embed a Spotify playlist into my site. Serisously, there needs to be a way of adding music to a site. Music can be quite an expression of an "artist"

• DanDan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow us the ability to listen to music while viewing our beautiful slideshow. It's LIKE printing in B&W vs. COLOR. Or a like a handicap person that can see and is deaf. We can send a man to the moon. This feature can be coded yesterday. Today, I look forward to seeing this feature added to smugmug tomorrow! Thank you. A valued Smugmug customer.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base