I suggest you ...

customer email branding for pros

when my customers place orders have the email confirmations look like its from the photographer without all the smugmug branding

617 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KenKen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    RasmusRasmus shared a merged idea: Logo in a share mail  ·   · 
    jlspicjlspic shared a merged idea: Remove SmugMug logo from share email.  ·   · 
    artieseartiese shared a merged idea: Customize e-mail layout  ·   · 
    Doris SampsonDoris Sampson shared a merged idea: Create attractive Newsletter template for us in our site to send notices of updates to our contacts  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Have different themes for the email to share e.g. I wanted white theme  ·   · 
    ChrisWChrisW shared a merged idea: Share-email with custom logo or template  ·   · 
    Jamie Jamie shared a merged idea: develop a way to send custom e-mails for order confirmations that do not contain smugmug branding.  ·   · 

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't customize the emails? Hmmm. I could do that over at the other site. Of course at the other site I couldn't get prints from my preferred lab.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - for branding it would be great to have some customisation over the emails. The service is great though

• Bradford BennBradford Benn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find the whole experience lacking for providing a consistent branding. I have just done some purchases from my own site as a customer (I was signed out). I will say that the experience was less than ideal. My branding was completely lost of the confirmation e-mail. It is literally not until the closing sentence that my name is even mentioned. There are so many ways that the e-mail that is sent can be improved. It could be as simple as having the subject line saying "Confirmation of order from <<user defined text>> fulfilled by SmugMug" from there I can continue. So if I receive this e-mail, I could easily think it is spam. It does not indicate clearly what it is associated with until the last sentence and even that is questionable.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I voted. It is so tacky. I hate the smugmug emails sent out. I paid a lot of money to customize this site, and still it is just a smug mug site.

• Ian BondIan Bond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely essential. We are able to customize our site, brand is everything, and suddenly OUR customer receives an email from SmugMug. That might be good for their business, but it is not good for mine!

• Kell Kell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Placing our logo on photos send via the "Share" button would be cool

• Darren OliverDarren Oliver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amen on this. Can smugmug tell us where we are at on this question? I would think more about buying branding for packaging if I could brand from the beginning. But since my customers are going to be getting a smugmug email I have to start branding smugmug as well to let them know who it is coming from. Frustrated.

• David Aylieff-SansomDavid Aylieff-Sansom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the way that the email share works and they way its present but please oh please can we brand this with our own company logos etc rather than having SmugMug on them, it always raises a question from a clients to how is SmugMug, not that I mind telling them but would prefer it was seamless with the rest of the site.

• Adrian LizunigaAdrian Lizuniga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

been using mail chimp for mail campaigns and I would like see an integration with smugmug to export email and track my costumers emails

• Ryan MillerRyan Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of the communication I have with my clients are via e-mail and the look and feel of everything they see is cohesive except the e-mails. I think that the bold smug e-mail branding on a pro level service that is otherwise so customized seems like a flaw. The smug mug connection can be easily explained in any number of more subtle ways to explain there credit card charge other than overriding my branding efforts. As with anyone here my customers trust me and my branding is there assurance of quality. When it goes from my branding to yours in a dramatic way there is a confusion and it can at a loss of my customers confidence.

• passiontolivepassiontolive commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All the incredible and powerful custom branding features go down the drain the second the customer hits the buy button and goes to the shopping cart and gets the email. You guys have done such a great job you just need to nail that last stretch for it to be the full pro solution of choice.

• joiephotojoiephoto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oy! This is the ONE place where I'm not allowed to brand and when fixed it will be the holy grail! Please!!!

• voir studiosvoir studios commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition, it would be nice to be able be able to insert a customized message in the body of the email, for instance a coupon code for a bonus as thank you for ordering.

• PhotoNPhotoN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue is one problem that, specifically, kept us from signing up with SmugMug during our test run of the Pro Account. For all the features offered for custom branding elsewhere, the SmugMug logo and its own branding in the notifications and confirmations completely countermands the whole point of custom branding for a company.

It essentially renders the convenience of (what should be a positive aspect for a photography company's marketing) the in-program "share" features pointless save for any pro photographers who don't mind that their company appears to work (definitely advertises) FOR SmugMug anytime these are used.

The fact that this is up for vote (for so long, too) as a feature request instead of a proactive implementation in understanding that Pro accounts would of course need their own branding in these features, is a bit concerning.

• paintingraphypaintingraphy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, definitely. Or at least SM should allow the Pro-member to co-brand the email, i.e. say in the From and Subject field "Your Smugmug/So-and-so Order # . . .", with so-and-so being of course the name of the Pro-member. This would not be too hard, nor unreasonable, please do it asap, thanks.

• jlspicjlspic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Andy,
        Yes, I realize that. And it's what I'm doing. But I very much like the presentation of your share email, as well as its convenience. Perhaps there could be a way of toning down your branding. In any case, thanks for the quick feedback to my feedback. ;)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base