I suggest you ...

mass editing of keywords - keyword picking list - renaming/combining keywords

It would be nice to be able to edit keywords in mass, without going to each photo to remove/edit them.

Maybe a feature like what is available in Lightroom would be nice. Be able to just rename/combine a keyword(s). Or event mass delete a keyword from all the images.

For example, if a bunch of photos has the keyword "weding" (yes misspelled). It would be nice to rename that keyword to "wedding" and have it merge with other photos having the same "wedding" keyword.

Or for example, if a bunch of photos has the keyword "7021" and you want to just remove that, it would be nice to be able to quickly remove that keyword from all photos.

From a SQL programming standpoint, this shouldn't be too difficult to implement; assuming Smugmug is using some sort of SQL database to maintain the keywords for the images.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JChinPhotographyJChinPhotography shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Tomasz NowickiTomasz Nowicki responded  · 

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting SmugMug.

You can edit keywords and description on more than one image at a time.

Please open one of your galleries – > click TOOLS – > in the MANY PHOTOS section please click CAPTION/KEYWORD.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Take care,

Tom
    SmugMug Support Hero

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have access to the keywords directly. I have many that are just number that I know are wrong, would like to delete them in bulk directly without going though photos, I think the old smug mug had that capability. Just direct access to edit.

• Mary BradleyMary Bradley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not a real solution. I have to individually click on each photo to change its keywords, even in your "many photos" page.

Why on earth wouldn't you let me shift-click a range of photos in a gallery and edit those keywords? Are you trying to make them hard to use?

• JChinPhotographyJChinPhotography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NO. That is not completed. I've asked the Smugmug Heroes today and both of them told me to click there to do this. If I want to delete all the images with the numeric 4-digit keywords, I cannot without going to find each photo and removing it. That is a royal pain with 1000+ photos to go through.

Feedback and Knowledge Base