I suggest you ...

Localization for languages such as Spanish, French, German, Italian,etc. Let's translate Smugmug!

Too many of my clients don't speak English as first language. Please add this feature to the printind outside the US one and we will all benefit.

859 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sergio De GregorioSergio De Gregorio shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: My costumers are latins, I suggest that the car have spanish language options.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Make the shopping cart and checkout procedure multi language  ·   · 
    Ali Bravo TAli Bravo T shared a merged idea: Productos y servicios de Smug en idioma español  ·   · 
    PaulAnthonyPaulAnthony shared a merged idea: use local lanuages like spanish, french and in my case italian. Princes should be in euro too.  ·   · 
    André NunesAndré Nunes shared a merged idea: portuguese brazilian  ·   · 
    Steve McSteve Mc shared a merged idea: ever thought of making this multi-lingual, french, spanish ...  ·   · 
    Jens SchwoonJens Schwoon shared a merged idea: add localisation for german language  ·   · 
    RobinRobin shared a merged idea: Support multilanguage sites  ·   · 

131 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Martin GrossMartin Gross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have all the texts and menus in Czech, no problems 90% of the time, I only need to customise few things (buttons, some system generated texts) as it looks very unprofessional to have these things appear in a different language than the rest of the site. In fact I do not need a translation, I only need the option to be able to customise all the texts. And of course an option for the viewer to switch the language version would be great too.

• Maxime PlanteMaxime Plante commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow this is such a disappointment... so many vote and keep ditching it. If you guys wants to keep focusing on the US Market only say it, I don't mind, but at least admit it. But even then there's a lot of latin american in the us...
        I have no words other than, wow, after all this time, so disappointed...

• gsphotogsphoto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To answer to your question, for me what is the drawback is the non localization of the frontend (what visitors see). The admin panel may stay in English, but I absolutely need all what a visitor sees to be translated in local language

• gsphotogsphoto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sad to read this ansWer. Translation is a no brainer. No localization meant no customer. At least myself since my clients do not speak English. Hope you got more with your cool feature.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The viewer sections would be great so that users who only view stuff can select their language of choice. The setup/vendor UI can stay in English, at least that would be a good workaround for me. It would be good for me to see what a viewer would see though.

Really...? What other people say, and how they say it, and in what language they say it, is not exciting? Lo siento mucho que piensen así. Eu não gosto de esta decisão. Ce n'est pas une bonne decision!

• aaronAdminaaron (Product Manager / DGrin Admin, SmugMug) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Luis: The issue is more design related than actual translation. We need to ensure that all aspects of the site make your photos look their best and that can be difficult when buttons increase in length or text doesn't fit where it's supposed to and starts wrapping in unexpected ways.

We'd love to be able to do this but not at the cost of letting other highly desired features suffer. We wanted to let you guys know that while we're not doing it right now it's possible we could do it at some point in the future. It's not a no...

I'd like to understand the request a little bit better. Are you asking for us to translate the viewer facing sections of the site (like the buy buttons, the shopping cart, etc)? The admin / customize sections that only you see? Both? If we were to implement one side first, would you rather we localize the viewer facing sections?

I think that many of us would translate your site for free! Even if there is a lot of work and words to translate..

• Luis García PimentelLuis García Pimentel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

wow 5 years later and a simple NO for an answer. This should have been on your top priorities list from day one of the site redesign. Not all the world is USA or speaks english.

I have a transnational family spanning multiple languages... English, Spanish, French, Portuguese with friends living in many other countries. I was about to jump onto SmugMug and my last test was exactly the internationalization feature... and I am stunned to not find it. It's a global world... we need apps to work in multiple languages.

• FabriceFabrice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me this his crucial, most of my visitor don't order prints because the process is only available in English, and if they do, they usually come back to me complaining about how painful it was hard for them to understand.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base