I suggest you ...

...provide a way for us to add Google AdSense back to our pages in the new and improved SmugMug

...provide a way for us to add Google AdSense back to our pages in the new and improved SmugMug.

48 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dennis WebbDennis Webb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dennis WebbDennis Webb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am still holding out on moving to the beautiful new SmugMug layouts until I have to. Seems like a simple thing to allow a way to insert a little AdSense code. I am glad to see I am not the only one with this issue.

• Rob HallRob Hall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let me be specific about this - this is not a 'nice optional extra' I am asking for. The easy ability to place adsense banners is THE reason I am with SM. Without it, I have no choice but to move to another provide. It's no small feat to move to another provider, but I will have no choice.

• Rob HallRob Hall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My business model depends on adsense. I'll have to stay with the old SM as long as I can - without it I cannot upgrade. Otherwise, I'll just have to start looking at alternatives.

• RecordProductionRecordProduction commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to host adsense adverts on my SmugMug has cost me a lot, it was my way of covering my subscription as my photography is quite niche and sales of images are low even though traffic is decent. Please enable adsense in the new design - which is really nice apart from this.

• Steve MinklerSteve Minkler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a newcomer to SmugMug (and one who has built two websites in the past which greatly benefited financially from the use of Google ads), I am shocked to find that there is no way to add this little bit of Javascript Google code to my SmugMug pages. Come on SmugMug! It wouldn't take much time to fix this issue - especially since it used to be allowed under your old software platform. Without this feature being added soon, I may just switch to one of your competitors before very long - even though I like other aspects of your program. PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS REQUEST!!! Thank you.

• GreenGreen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They are not interested in your earnings. It is enough that you are paying them regularly. ;)

• Ted PacelliTed Pacelli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lack of Adsense ability in new SM is likely costing SM'ers a collective fortune. It is costing me money everyday... :(
        I want my old SM back.

• Dennis WebbDennis Webb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use adsense revenue to pay for my annual SmugMug fee. With the new smugmug designs the HTML code provided by Google doesn't work. It does seem like a step backward.

• RonaldRonald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree here, in the past I would regularly add HTML in blocks like header information etc, seems this is all converted now to characters and the block you can add HTML in does not seem to work properly especially for JavaScript which did work in the past. Seems like a step backward to me right now, but I am hoping it is fixed soon.

Feedback and Knowledge Base