I suggest you ...

Allow users to copy or move multiple images to another gallery at once

I've seen similar requests as well as responses that claim that this functionality exists through the "collect photos" feature. Not only is the feature absent from the new smugmug, but it's cumbersome to use. It should be simple to select the desired photos, then have them appear in ANY chosen gallery while retaining the originals in their original gallery.

If smugmug would prefer to make virtual copies instead of actually duplicating the images (to save on storage perhaps) it doesn't matter to me, but the user & audience experiences can and should be smoother. You're on the right track with the site overhaul, but you're falling short of truly dynamic functionality & ease of use.

29 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Aaron DunsayAaron Dunsay shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • sharonsharon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in legacy smugmug, we could collect photos from a gallery and send as many as we wanted to one destination gallery without having to re-choose that destination gallery each time. this capability was eliminated in new smugmug. PLEASE BrING IT BACK! if i have, for example, done a portrait shoot, and i have placed all those portraits in one gallery, and i then want to collect the best of those portraits and place them in my portrait highlights gallery, i have to laboriously choose each photo one by one and RE-CHOOSE the portraits highlights gallery for each collected photo destination! and this was NOT the case in legacy! come on, people! smugmug is great in general, but this is yet another example of how making the site less user-friendly with the overhaul is not helpful. are you trying to make me quit?????

Feedback and Knowledge Base