I suggest you ...

Picasa: Upload To SmugMug button should not have a 100 photo limit

Why does the Picasa "Upload To SmugMug" button have a limit of 100 at a time? Other Picasa uploader plugins don't have this limit... it seems arbitrary and unnecessary.

I currently use Omar's "Send To SmugMug", and it is able to upload a seemingly unlimited number of photos in one operation (I have sent thousands at once, granted it took 6 hours - I only had to click one button and then walk away).

35 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ShaunShaun shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Andy WilliamsAndy Williams responded  · 

There is not a limit. But this uploader doesn’t error correct or have all the features that our main uploaders do – nor is it as fast.

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GSGS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hmm... this might be the deal breaker in signing up for a paid subscription. It took me 12 attempts and a bunch of google searching to realize that this is why it keeps telling me that my pictures have been uploaded... but then says there are 0 pictures... fail.

• Bill LavallieBill Lavallie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem with using your other uploader is that the photos would have to be saved in a .jpg format or the .CR2 would have to be modified. I push raw right out of the Picasa program without having to change the master photo. All changes I have made for that series of photos get sent with the changes.

This is extremely convenient for large groups of photos such as weddings and events.

• Bill LavallieBill Lavallie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You would think that the software would notify you if there was a limit and if you were over that limit.

• Justin TormeyJustin Tormey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Andy, how is this "complete?" The issues with uploading large batches of photos from Picasa still remain. You've identified some good features to build into the Picasa uploader. Where are those in the roadmap?

• OmniJeffOmniJeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had no idea this was the case! No wonder my vacation photos won't upload. What a weird limitation. I spent hours adding all my captions and geo-tagging in Picasa, and it's all worthless because the album has 200 photos? Not impressed.

• jpfjpf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, just spent a CRAP load of time uploading 400 pictures from an event as I'm trying this out for the first time. Wish I had known before I wasted all that time.

FIX!

• EdEd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wasn't even aware of this limitation. I would occasionally run into upload issues and be mystified as to why it didn't work. It would save me a lot of trouble if the plug-in at least provided a message that stated the 100 picture limit has been exceeded - please select less pictures for upload.

Feedback and Knowledge Base