I suggest you ...

Allow galleries to have privacy levels independent of inheriting folder

I would like to set the privacy level for a top-level folder to Private but allow specific galleries within that folder to have a Public or Unlisted privacy level. Right now if a top-level folder is Private, all galleries within that folder inherit Private and this cannot be changed.

32 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Olly shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great Idea!
        I would like to have the option to remove or block an inherited right at a certain level

- User X and User Y
        -- User X and User Y (Both Inherited)
        --- User X (inherited) option to remove User Y from the inherited rights list

Thanks,
        Peter

• Andy S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know if a Private parent should ever let children override that setting, but I believe many people, like Brian describes, would like it if an Unlisted parent would allow Public children which could be naturally navigated.

This is definitely a feature that would bring welcome flexibility to the platform. I was hoping the recent security changes (http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=252256) would bring this but they did not.

• Brian R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes!! The inability to do this drives me insane. I want to use my account for pro and personal stuff, but the only way to do it involves a password protected parent folder that is hard for my friends and family to use.

My ideal solution: Set a parent folder to "Unlisted." Set all sub-folders in this to "Public." The contents of the unlisted parent folder would be all of my personal folders and galleries that I don't want the general public (or customers) to stumble upon. This way, I can give people a link to the unlisted personal folder, and they can freely browse its contents without worrying about a password. If I try to do this right now, all the sub-folders and galleries are forced to be unlisted, so the parent folder appears to be empty! No good!

Feedback and Knowledge Base