I suggest you ...

Digital Downloads for Packages

It would be good to have digital downloads available as an option for packages.

913 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    gigemmangigemman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

129 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES please. Many many parents have asked for this request and said they don't need prints. Lost a lot of business through the website because of it. I have not idea why this can't be an option.

I really need the option to have digital download packages guys!! I can't use Smugmug for my cart because of it. :'(
        Pretty please and thank you! : )

This would really enhance the digital offering model and entice people with savings through volume purchasing.

• PetePete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been a huge concern and ask that I have been asking for for years... I have customers complain and write me all the time that they won't purchase just one download at the price I have it... They want multiple downloads for a discounted price...

I don't know my customers and barely have time to hand them a card.
        I am an event photographer and just finished uploading 110,000 photos for one event in March... I am losing tons of money for something that is only growing as far technology and social media. My customers want their photos immediately to post to social media and would gladly pay for them in quantity.

If you take a look at what Disney World does right now... They offer a photo package where they take your picture and scan your card or band and those photos can be accessed withing 30min so the Guest can download and post to social media. They realize people want their photos fast and packaged especially when they are at an event and want to show off on social media.

We need a way to offer downloads in a package form and it cant just be an option to download one photo or a whole gallery because the way I operate there could be multiple friends and family in the same gallery which means for one price they would be able to download all the photos they want... Also this wouldn't work because the same family may appear in different galleries and I want them to have the option to buy a package of downloads from multiple galleries.

Please help!!!

Allow digital files to be part of packages where photographer can say they can download 1, 1-3, 1-5 digital depending on the packages.

Have limiters like any digital, digital allowed only if print of same image is ordered. Or even as add on to packages over certain prices and it allows more choices for digitals.

I agree with all the comments that this seems like it should be a relatively easy feature to implement that would greatly enhance the ability to sell images, especially for event or sports photographers.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a pain to have to sell and fulfill digital packages myself......If Zen can do then Smug can do it.....

Still in my trial period and looking for a site that will allow me to offer a set number of digital files to a client for a certain price (5 files for $100 for example). I am loving smugmug's ease of use and great looking design, but this feature may prevent me from signing up for a site that limits what I want to give my customers!

As a smug mug pro client. I am at an event and said "Of course I can sell you package deals on digital downloads." You guys don't have that option, is a little frustrating and there are other companies out there who already have that feature available. Why don't we have this already?

• charles b.charles b. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What if you guys let us include digital downloads with print orders as a start? I would love to give my clients that kind of power in this digital social media age.

I feel kind of handicapped by the notion that I can't offer this. In order to get customers their digitals, I have to implement an additional step(s) behind the scenes to make it look smooth.

The pro package is a steep price to pay without including this kind of versatility.

I'd like to be able to offer my clients a pricing option where they can purchase one digital download for say $14.00 or 2 images for example $25 or 3 for $30.00 within a large gallery.

• Eric DavisEric Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only way I can offer the gallery download with a print package is to have the customer add it to their cart and then give them coupon code to discount it. The problem is that the customer forgets to add the gallery to their cart or forget to add the coupon. Please, please, please try to find a way to make this easier.

By adding packages of digital downloads, there would be a price incentive for customers to buy more, instead of having to buy all their shots one by one. Because you do not have this feature, I am now going to have to get another web gallery company who does have this feature specifically for an up coming event that I am photographing.

• BobBob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support this suggestion. It is one thing holding me back from upgrading to a business plan.

Many clients would like to buy more than one download for a better price but they don't want to buy the whole gallery. Currently it is not possible to make a special price packages for those clients (eg: 1download = 30$, 5 download = 25$ each, 10 downloads = 20$ each...). We are loosing many clients who want multiple downloads but don't want to pay the big price.

I have run out of Votes but I would support this idea if I could. I need the ability to create packages of downloads like 5 images for 75.00 and 10 images for 100.00
        Please please please consider doing this soon!

• Dennis St. JohnDennis St. John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now I am out shopping for another photo site that offers this feature. It's HUGE for me! Here's my official request to the SmugMug system, as others have obviously suggested:

-----
        You guys honestly need a more functional pricing module for event photograhers. I would love for there to be an option where I could setup packages for say 20, 50 or 100 downloadable photos for a discounted price over individual pricing. For example, I would set individual photos @ $5 each but I am obviously not going to charge (nor would the customer even remotely consider) $500 if someone wants 100 photos. I would love to make it so they could buy a 100 photo package for around $150 or something like that. Does this make sense? Right now, I have to sell these packages outside of the SmugMug shopping system but tell them to go to my SmugMug galleries and write down the photos they want. Major pain! Hope this can get done soon. I love everything else about SmugMug but this has been a show stopper for me so far. Thanks for listening!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base