I suggest you ...

Digital Downloads for Packages

It would be good to have digital downloads available as an option for packages.

944 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    gigemman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

138 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just upgraded my account and was so disappointed that I couldn't add digital downloads to my packages. Kids today do not want prints and by being able to add prints with digital files would be a easy way to nudge them into appreciating both mediums for photography. It really cuts into the benefits vs. value of the commercial upgrade. Please add digital Downloads to your Package Creator!

I think its absolutely astonishing that of the dozens of products and hundreds of combinations of all these products that I could sell through Smugmug from mugs to prints to canvasses......

..... and YET the ONLY thing I CANNOT sell through packages is DOWNLOADS - thats crazy! LOL!

In the digital DOWNLOADS are by far what all my customers want!

Come on SMUGMUG lets have a 21st century solution please - you must be seriously embarrassed about this current situation

• Lainie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get asked for this all the time, and it's a little embarrassing for both me, and Smugmug, to have to say to my clients "we can put a man on the moon, but they don't offer the option of digital download packages"...

• Steve Burgess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something that I would really wish to add for customers.
        If they buy a certain size photo then they can get a free digital download with it.

I would love to be able to offer a video and a gallery of images at a discounted price, ie: a package.

In the past I've used online galleries that allow you to customize the digital downloads you offer. What I'd like to see is for SmugMug to allow me to have a single download, 5 images, 10 images, 25 images, 50 images, and (of course) the entire gallery as a download.

• Ray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add one more to the list. really need the option to sell digital as a package. Does anyone know if Smugmug is even entertaining this update??

YES please. Many many parents have asked for this request and said they don't need prints. Lost a lot of business through the website because of it. I have not idea why this can't be an option.

I really need the option to have digital download packages guys!! I can't use Smugmug for my cart because of it. :'(
        Pretty please and thank you! : )

This would really enhance the digital offering model and entice people with savings through volume purchasing.

• Pete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been a huge concern and ask that I have been asking for for years... I have customers complain and write me all the time that they won't purchase just one download at the price I have it... They want multiple downloads for a discounted price...

I don't know my customers and barely have time to hand them a card.
        I am an event photographer and just finished uploading 110,000 photos for one event in March... I am losing tons of money for something that is only growing as far technology and social media. My customers want their photos immediately to post to social media and would gladly pay for them in quantity.

If you take a look at what Disney World does right now... They offer a photo package where they take your picture and scan your card or band and those photos can be accessed withing 30min so the Guest can download and post to social media. They realize people want their photos fast and packaged especially when they are at an event and want to show off on social media.

We need a way to offer downloads in a package form and it cant just be an option to download one photo or a whole gallery because the way I operate there could be multiple friends and family in the same gallery which means for one price they would be able to download all the photos they want... Also this wouldn't work because the same family may appear in different galleries and I want them to have the option to buy a package of downloads from multiple galleries.

Please help!!!

Allow digital files to be part of packages where photographer can say they can download 1, 1-3, 1-5 digital depending on the packages.

Have limiters like any digital, digital allowed only if print of same image is ordered. Or even as add on to packages over certain prices and it allows more choices for digitals.

I agree with all the comments that this seems like it should be a relatively easy feature to implement that would greatly enhance the ability to sell images, especially for event or sports photographers.

It's a pain to have to sell and fulfill digital packages myself......If Zen can do then Smug can do it.....

Still in my trial period and looking for a site that will allow me to offer a set number of digital files to a client for a certain price (5 files for $100 for example). I am loving smugmug's ease of use and great looking design, but this feature may prevent me from signing up for a site that limits what I want to give my customers!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base