I suggest you ...

Digital Downloads for Packages

It would be good to have digital downloads available as an option for packages.

754 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    gigemmangigemman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: ALLOW DOWNLOADS IN PRINT PACKAGES  ·   · 
    Sam BennettSam Bennett shared a merged idea: you should add digital downloads as an option to put in a custom package.  ·   · 
    DarrinDarrin shared a merged idea: have option for multi photo discounts or packaging  ·   · 
    TnPhotoManTnPhotoMan shared a merged idea: enable a way to sell downloads only if a print of that file is purchased.  ·   · 
    Bill JohnsonBill Johnson shared a merged idea: Download package pricing  ·   · 
    Steve SmithSteve Smith shared a merged idea: bundle print and digital version of same picture together  ·   · 
    MikeMike shared a merged idea: Allow print packages to include digital downloads.  ·   · 
    mwphotomwphoto shared a merged idea: allow digital packages  ·   · 
    Tim JuntunenTim Juntunen shared a merged idea: allow digital downloads to be included in packages  ·   · 
    Lethia CullumLethia Cullum shared a merged idea: add digital downloads to package options  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Packages should include Digital Downloads and Merchandise as options  ·   · 
    K BrownK Brown shared a merged idea: add other products to packages  ·   · 
    melanieweyerphotomelanieweyerphoto shared a merged idea: Enable Pricing for entire gallery  ·   · 
    WayneWayne shared a merged idea: Digital downloads as option for packages  ·   · 

97 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does anyone care or read these comments? I came to this page to propose a feature and this feature was already requested in this thread, which looks to be more than 4 yrs old but I don't why it is not implemented yet.
        This is badly needed for Power users who have low sales.

• dhalldhall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since 2010, people have been waiting for a response to this request. It has become standard to be able to purchase downloadable photo packages if you participate in a sporting event. As a photographer I would like to appear to be up to date with technology, in addition as noted in other posts, it will decrease time I have to spend creating CDs or emailing files. If this is not available for me to offer to my clients by October 2014, I will need to look for another company to host my website.

I would also like this feature available greatly. It's a fundamental aspect of marketing the images been able to offer a "sliding" pricing scale, based on quantities purchased. Like others I would have to fulfil this outside of the SmugMug site which defeats the purpose of me creating a site!

This needs creating quickly!

• Charlotte HarloffCharlotte Harloff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I offer packages that are prints plus digital, and would love to have that be automated with Smugmug! It will make the difference between my selecting Portfolio and Pro.

• Nixon GeorgeNixon George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First let me say great job on finally adding Paypal. This is Excellent.Now Moving Forward. I need to be able to let my clients have the option of adding both prints AND DOWNLOADS to photo packages. The option is available for prints but not for downloads. I now have to manually fulfill their request for the downloads which takes up way too much of my time and clients have to wait until i get back to my computer to facilitate them. Allow package options to be applicable across the board. The addition of keywords to make bulk file searching easier is an added benefit when creating big packages with images from large galleries.

• George SpyrosGeorge Spyros commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Smugmug, you lose money from that, not as a mean to punishment, no.

I am forced to drive my clients away from your shopping card and deal with direct payment in my bank etc, if they want to buy bigger digital packages.

In the end i end up losing a lot of my time with emails, searching for files etc, the client loses time going to the bank, you lose 15% your profits, we all lose.

Please consider implementing a package option for digital downloads that ideally works with keywording enabled

i.e. search for keyword 342, and... buy all search results with 10 euros for example.

So from each event, each customer can buy all the photos that concern him, easily and fast.

Thank you!

As i said, you already lose money from this, since only the past 10 days, i have done more than 20-30 packages via e-mails and bank accounts, instead of smugmug sales cart.

dont waste any more time.

I DESPERATELY WANT THIS

• Henrik SandinHenrik Sandin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want this!! It would be so useful to have a coupon that gives clients a set number of file downloads for free or for a set price!!

• Bill JohnsonBill Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just spent some time reading the comments over the years and if I were evaluating this I an option for implementation, I couldn't be clear exactly what the request is. Most seem to want some intermingling of digitals with prints as a package. Some simply want to have a package price a certain amount of downloads. Of course, these could be any of types of downloads. I am wondering if the requests could be separated so that action might take place.

• Bill JohnsonBill Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been reasonably well supported and been a request option since March of 2010. We recently past the three year anniversary. Perhaps it's time to hear back from SmugMug as to why this isn't even planned yet. There must be implementation issues technical or otherwise that prevent us from having it.

• BillBill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it possible for a customer to choose one or a group of photos to download as package deals. For example in a gallery of 100 photos give us the capability to create packages for a certain number of download at a price we choose.

• Bryan DrakeBryan Drake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any status updates on this feature? People have been asking for it for almost 2 1/2 years. I know I would love to see this feature. Many custumers order a couple prints but would like to have digital copies for other pictures as well as copies of the prints they bought for social media and the like. Being able to create packages of gidital prints alone or digital prints with a print order would increase sales making both the photographer and SmugMug more money.

• Darryl MacDonaldDarryl MacDonald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cover quite a few large events and it would be ideal if my customers could go in and pick a set number of photos from a large gallery for a set price. After watching peoples buying habits for the last few events, I believe I am actually loosing money not having this feature.

• Mrhoni PhotographyMrhoni Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And the printmark needs to be adjustable just like watermark, so I don't have to add photos with and without watermark. Then I can offer digital download Facebook size with a watermark.

Please Please Please - Almost all my clients want digital downloads as part of their package of prints. Like others I offer it as a manual step on my part.

• Joey ChandlerJoey Chandler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have no votes left so I'm sure this won't matter but I would love to be able to offer a set number of digital files in a package (ie. 5, 10 or 20).

Can we please get an update as to whether this feature request is being worked on or not?

• Blue Caboose StudioBlue Caboose Studio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I often send clients free digital copies of photos that they've already purchased large prints of so they can put them on Facebook or their website without having to scan the print. I would love for a way to automate this. I think it would encourage clients to buy more large prints if they knew it came with a full-size JPEG as well.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base